Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2024, 11:17 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,797,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Donald Trump Loses $1 Billion in a Single Day Amid "Truth Social" Disaster
https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...140514168.html
Tue, April 2, 2024 at 9:05 AM CDT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Trump made $174 million on paper today (owns 58 million shares of DJT).
I have a feeling that this is going to be the pattern of the stock over the next few months. It's going to have huge loss followed by his supporters coming to his rescue to try to save face.

Thankfully I am staying out of this but it's going to be interesting to see what happens with this stock over the next few months.

I do have a couple of questions though. If Trump is elected again, should he have to sell the stock or somehow give up control? He would have the ability to make decisions that could affect the stock, like requiring that it is the only place that official government information can be posted.

For states with a Republican governor that have pensions that are funded in part by stock investments, could they be pressured into including the stocks in their portfolios? I remember there was some issue in Florida that involved DeSantis and his interference that also affected their pensions.

Old 04-02-2024, 11:27 PM

10,492 posts, read 7,019,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
I have a feeling that this is going to be the pattern of the stock over the next few months. It's going to have huge loss followed by his supporters coming to his rescue to try to save face.

Thankfully I am staying out of this but it's going to be interesting to see what happens with this stock over the next few months.

I do have a couple of questions though. If Trump is elected again, should he have to sell the stock or somehow give up control? He would have the ability to make decisions that could affect the stock, like requiring that it is the only place that official government information can be posted.

For states with a Republican governor that have pensions that are funded in part by stock investments, could they be pressured into including the stocks in their portfolios? I remember there was some issue in Florida that involved DeSantis and his interference that also affected their pensions.
That's a good question, could be considered a conflict if interest.

I would hope that the Whitehouse stops posting on Twitter and officially of Truth Social. The argument is there as what happened in 2020/1 including deleting his tweets, along with facebook.

Old 04-03-2024, 01:07 AM

13,281 posts, read 7,330,443 times
Quote:

That would be hilarious DeSantis invests state pension in DJT stock and it tanks after he loses the election. The state has to prop up the pension with taxpayer money.

Old 04-03-2024, 04:38 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:

Now, that's funny.

If Trump is elected, he will do whatever he wants.

Remember the press conference with the stacks of file folders on the table and how the Trump organization of businesses would now be run by, I don't know, Don Jr. ?

I'm not clear on that because no one ever expected him to divest of his business interests. Good Lord, he ran a hotel where any foreign country could funnel a bit of money to him by booking high priced rooms.

Right now, he's been caught dead to rights hiding classified intelligence documents, filing fraudulent financial statements, and coordinating an effort to overthrow the 2020 election, a scheme that involved fake electors, pressuring state authorities to "find" thousands of votes, and doing nothing to stop his mob from attacking the Capitol for over three hours in order to delay certifying the election.

So the idea that he would be "forced" to do anything, including not making his Truth Social the new Twitter/X is just funny.

Old 04-03-2024, 06:56 AM

7,682 posts, read 5,535,357 times
Published today by The Guardian:

Exclusive: Trump Media saved in 2022 by Russian-American under criminal investigation

Old 04-03-2024, 07:39 AM

19,231 posts, read 17,105,490 times
I see articles online now where Trump is " suing two co-founders of Trump Media & Technology Group, the newly public parent company of his Truth Social platform, arguing that they should forfeit their stock in the company because they set it up improperly." https://apnews.com/article/trump-law...4903504874b1d1

And once again a failed endeavor must be blamed on someone else of course had it been a success he and he alone would be taking all the credit...

Old 04-03-2024, 07:47 AM

5,946 posts, read 2,767,035 times
When it's all said and done, let's say Trump only makes $100 million off of DJT. Only $100 million, over say 5 years. That's $20 million per year.

Would you guys still say that's a failure? How long did it take for you to make $20 million/year?

Old 04-03-2024, 07:49 AM

1,705 posts, read 615,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I see articles online now where Trump is " suing two co-founders of Trump Media & Technology Group, the newly public parent company of his Truth Social platform, arguing that they should forfeit their stock in the company because they set it up improperly." https://apnews.com/article/trump-law...4903504874b1d1

And once again a failed endeavor must be blamed on someone else of course had it been a success he and he alone would be taking all the credit...
TDS much? This kind of thing happens in business all the time. Too early to tell if Trump Media is a failed endeavor. You and many leftists are alway quick to point out how much of an abject failure Trump is, but I would wager he is worth many times what you are worth. If Trump is worth far more than you and he is a failure….you get the point.

Don’t hate just to hate or because your side tells you to.

Old 04-03-2024, 08:20 AM

19,231 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
TDS much? This kind of thing happens in business all the time. Too early to tell if Trump Media is a failed endeavor. You and many leftists are alway quick to point out how much of an abject failure Trump is, but I would wager he is worth many times what you are worth. If Trump is worth far more than you and he is a failure….you get the point.

Don’t hate just to hate or because your side tells you to.
TDS should really apply to the faithful because no matter what he does he is never wrong in their eyes.

I pointed out that he is bringing a suit against those involved with the failed rollout, I know facts get in the way of the myth of Trump that you live by. As for passing the blame that's his normal operating mode because he will never own a failure , it's always someone else's fault but success is for him and him alone to claim...

The facts are Truth Socials active users are a drop in the bucket compared to X or even Threads which has significantly more. Your point of comparing an individual is ridiculous because there are so many other factors you could compare such as he has multiple criminal charges pending, I don't. He promotes himself as a false prophet, I don't. He acts like a spoiled petulant brat, I don't and i'll bet you don't either...

Old 04-03-2024, 08:48 AM

18,116 posts, read 15,696,543 times
Best to go with what the company CPAs and auditors have said in their recent filing to the SEC. I'm sure the CPAs who work on behalf of T.S. will be accused of having "TDS," but their verbiage from the consolidated financial statements would be the most salient info to use:

Substantial Doubt about the Company’s Ability to Continue as a Going Concern

"The accompanying financial statements have been prepared assuming that the Company will continue as a going concern. As discussed in Note 2 to the financial statements, the Company’s operating losses raise substantial doubt about its ability to continue as a going concern. The financial statements do not include any adjustments that might result from the outcome of this uncertainty."

^^ That's not from the 'biased media'...that's straight from the filed documents to the SEC, which are also linked above. ^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies