Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 11:37 AM

10,832 posts, read 4,517,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Ask any New Yorker to give you an opinion.

you have never been to NY. It was THEY who gave him the idea to run in the first place.

Old 04-03-2024, 11:46 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
you have never been to NY. It was THEY who gave him the idea to run in the first place.
The first time I heard about Trump was when I picked up a copy of the Village Voice in Times Square in the 70s, and they had an article about the housing discrimination lawsuit going on against Trump and his father. I think it was in 1973. My wife is from a couple of blocks south of Prospect Park in Brooklyn. I have a lot of friends in New York and have probably spent a year total in the city since my first visit in 1971.

The ones I know are delighted he’s gone.

Old 04-03-2024, 11:56 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,546,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The first time I heard about Trump was when I picked up a copy of the Village Voice in Times Square in the 70s, and they had an article about the housing discrimination lawsuit going on against Trump and his father. I think it was in 1973. My wife is from a couple of blocks south of Prospect Park in Brooklyn. I have a lot of friends in New York and have probably spent a year total in the city since my first visit in 1971.

The ones I know are delighted he’s gone.
I'm a Gen X NYC native, born in a Queens Hospital not too far from where DJT was born. Trump has always been a clown that has been able to get by without people holding him accountable for his own messes.

First it was his dad's money and connections. These days it's the Trump faithful who don't know any better, as well as many GOP leaders/influencers who do know better, but are too afraid to lose the political support of his base or too greedy to give up milking them for donations and likes.

As a NYC-native, I'd as soon vote for Trump as I'd vote for Leona Helmsley or Al Sharpton, which is to say never.

Old 04-03-2024, 11:56 AM

12,957 posts, read 13,668,599 times
Two investors in Trump Media insider trading case plead guilty
https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/03/busin...ing/index.html

And so it begins , that is the beginning of the end.

Old 04-03-2024, 12:33 PM

765 posts, read 299,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Oh ok.

And Trump is such a failure that he had a billion to work with! You people.

Trump has been an American Icon for 40+ years.
Not to the central park 5.

Not to the people who paid money to attend Trump University.

Not to the share owners the first time DJT was listed on a stock exchange.

Not to the people that have worked for Donald Trump over the years and haven't gotten paid.

Not to the numerous people who worked in his first administration and were horrified about what they saw.

Not to the many women he grabbed by the genetials and ex wife's he cheated on.

Not to the families of the Jan 6th capitol police officers who lost their lives.

Not to the many Republicans who have turned into never Trumpers.

Not to the judges and government officials who have received death threats because of his lies.

The only people that believe he is still an icon are the ones that believe his lies. Thankfully that number of people appear to be shrinking on a daily basis.

Old 04-03-2024, 12:41 PM

18,049 posts, read 15,649,855 times
It's really no surprise that T.S. stock is as stable as a Boeing 737 Max. I don't know why anyone would expect different from it.

As far as his previous record, it's noted that 40 of his previous cabinet and senior staff will not endorse The Donald for Prez in 2024. They worked with him; they know him. All say he's not fit for the job and should never hold office again.

Old 04-03-2024, 01:59 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
In the sense that they wouldn't let him into the cool crowd and he has been resentful ever since, perhaps.

Old 04-03-2024, 02:03 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
And Trump is such a failure that he had a billion to work with! You people.
Being the grandson of a pimp and the son of a slumlord - both industrious and successful - sort of helped with that.

Old 04-03-2024, 02:03 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
In the sense that they wouldn't let him into the cool crowd and he has been resentful ever since, perhaps.
When he created “John Barron” to issue press releases trying to break into High Society, he was ridiculed by them and laughed at in the more upscale parlours all over the City. They viewed him as an ignorant boor, a charlatan, a con man, and a clown. You’re right - He never recovered from the humiliation.

Old 04-04-2024, 06:15 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The investors in this case are what, MAGA supporters and perhaps foreign governments wanting to gain access to Trump if he wins in November. And they are propping up a stock that apparently is worth a fraction of its stock price. Sometimes investors get it wrong. Especially if they mostly not regular investors.

Problem is just a few days ago MAGA was bragging on here about how great Trump is for making billions on this TS IPO. That is the pro-Trump circle-jerk. I don't recall any of them saying none of it matters because of course he can't touch the money for six months.

But I do have to hand it to Trump. He is now finding smart ways to monetize his faithful to benefit him. All the fundraising money he is using for his defense, MAGA bibles and now this IPO. He understands PT Barnum.

Looks like it is trying to settle at about $50/share...a little under 7 billion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies