Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 09:46 AM

6,545 posts, read 12,040,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I can't imagine working in NYC during 911 and then feeling this earthquake while in a skyscraper today. I can only imagine what people were thinking.
I'd hate to have been at the top of one of those skinny supertall towers by Central Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2024, 09:48 AM

6,545 posts, read 12,040,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
rev 6:12

the admin announced last night they are going to demand Israel cave to Hamas, isnt that the FIRST trigger to start opening seals - when the last nation on earth (it is us) abandons Israel? If you believe in that sort of stuff
It could be. First a plague (COVID pandemic), then wars, and then three big earthquakes on three consecutive days (Taiwan, Japan, NYC).

Old 04-05-2024, 09:49 AM

19,617 posts, read 12,215,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The epicenter was in central New Jersey, not New York.

That one was fun. It felt like I was walking on undulating Jell-O. This one was more rumbly.

My California cousins already have ripped me for freaking out.
But this is a rare event for this area so they might try to understand it's different.

There is a lot of old infrastructure, now things are being delayed for inspections.

Old 04-05-2024, 09:49 AM

20,861 posts, read 9,527,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
God must not be happy with New York.

Pro-abortion, pro-squtter, pro-crime, pro-illegals... yeah, I can see why he'd be upset!
Well then, God must also not be happy with red Florida, since He keeps sending deadly hurricanes into it.

Old 04-05-2024, 09:52 AM

6,012 posts, read 2,838,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Epicenter was in a Republican part of NJ...
To be fair, the OP's video link does say New York City. That's all I knew when I made my comment.

So, the fact that God chose rural/suburban Jersey as the epicenter was His way of saying "I don't want you dead. And I don't want any destruction. But New York City needs to get the message that everything they're doing is backwards and I don't like it. Change your ways!" , but not really.

Old 04-05-2024, 09:56 AM

10,836 posts, read 4,521,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I'm actually surprised he didn't say Biden caused it, and better yet, Trump saved the area from more earthquake destruction.

whats bidens presser and kjp today, they are going to point out that their 'predecessor' left the area with little in EM funds...so yea, we called that one right.

Old 04-05-2024, 09:56 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,083,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
God must not be happy with New York.

Pro-abortion, pro-squtter, pro-crime, pro-illegals... yeah, I can see why he'd be upset!
God is unhappy, is that why he keeps sending such devastating tornedo's right through all the Red States.....

Old 04-05-2024, 09:57 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,239,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
rev 6:12

the admin announced last night they are going to demand Israel cave to Hamas, isnt that the FIRST trigger to start opening seals - when the last nation on earth (it is us) abandons Israel? If you believe in that sort of stuff
First seal was death of Jesus. Sixth was fall of the western Roman empire as vengeance for having killed him. If you believe in that sort of stuff.

Old 04-05-2024, 09:57 AM

6,012 posts, read 2,838,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Well then, God must also not be happy with red Florida, since He keeps sending deadly hurricanes into it.
Hurricanes are a part of the natural weather phenomenons of Florida, and the Gulf Coast in general. You can expect a hurricane in Florida every year. But, New York and the Northeast have very few earthquakes, meaning they're rare and not to be expected. New York doesn't have an "earthquake season" like Florida does have a "hurricane season".

Old 04-05-2024, 10:01 AM

10,442 posts, read 6,974,789 times
I'm in New Jersey and my office building was shaking and swaying, even a couple ceiling tiles fell down. They evacuated the building and I went home. Decided to stop a Burger King and they were closed due to earthquake. My house has some stress fractures along the wall of the main beam of the house and cracks in my basement.

Earthquakes hit much harder in New Jersey over California because we sit on granite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies