Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:31 AM

10,181 posts, read 7,837,523 times

Advertisements

This will be fun. I'll have my popcorn ready. Hopefully they don't get questions up front nor will they be allowed to read off teleprompters or note cards....I'm talking to you Biden. And we'll need a non-biased moderator.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ntial-debates/

President Biden said Wednesday that he will not participate in the decades-old tradition of three fall meetings organized by the bipartisan Commission on Presidential Debates, instead calling on his Republican rival Donald Trump to join him for two televised presidential debates in June and September.

Another link:
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-says-hell-debate-trump-twice-make-my-day-2024-05-15/

WASHINGTON, May 15 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden said on Wednesday he is willing to debate Republican presidential rival Donald Trump twice before the Nov. 5 election.
"Donald Trump lost two debates to me in 2020. Since then he hasn't shown up for a debate," Biden said in a video message posted on X. "Now he's acting like he wants to debate me again. Make my day pal. I'll even do it twice."
The Democratic president took a swipe at Trump's legal troubles in the video with an oblique reference to the court schedule in Trump's hush money trial in New York.

Last edited by diddlydudette; Today at 06:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:33 AM

193 posts, read 104,784 times
Bahahaha --- his doctors have got him on some Good Dope !

Give him some Adderall, Caffeine and Coke --- shove him out on stage.

Sheep to the Slaughter !

Old Today, 06:33 AM

52,846 posts, read 34,721,736 times
i'll be very surprised if xoe debates at all.

Old Today, 06:34 AM

6,151 posts, read 2,912,337 times
Good. Debates should take place before voting.

Old Today, 06:35 AM

16,699 posts, read 8,698,893 times
Classic

More of the Democrats trying to save Democracy.

Old Today, 06:36 AM

24,612 posts, read 17,356,422 times
I couldn't get into the link without paying but it sure looks like the Dems are trying to stack the deck for Biden and if Trump says no they will all scream that he is afraid to face Biden........

June seems awful early for a "debate" but then again I think most of us have made up our minds already. Will Trump be done with the lawfare nonsense by then?

Old Today, 06:43 AM

17,611 posts, read 14,767,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I couldn't get into the link without paying but it sure looks like the Dems are trying to stack the deck for Biden and if Trump says no they will all scream that he is afraid to face Biden........

June seems awful early for a "debate" but then again I think most of us have made up our minds already. Will Trump be done with the lawfare nonsense by then?
Trump accepted already - said he'd provide his own transportation. Hahahahahahaha!

Though Biden's team is trying to freeze out Fox News from hosting/moderating.

Old Today, 06:45 AM

17,611 posts, read 14,767,543 times
Here’s Biden’s video message.

https://x.com/joebiden/status/179071...xQytGPb9_RrX_A

14 seconds long and there’s a half dozen jump cuts.

Old Today, 06:46 AM

29,864 posts, read 24,997,963 times
Ya, we laugh, but Trump did not do very well last time he debated Biden. Trump is something of a big mouth bully, and half of America is repulsed by that. Biden could easily take advantage of that and allow Trump to relentlessly tear him apart on stage. Emotionally driven democrats will soon forget about all the misery Biden has put America though and rally behind their dear leader.

Old Today, 06:46 AM

6,151 posts, read 2,912,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Trump accepted already - said he'd provide his own transportation. Hahahahahahaha!

Though Biden's team is trying to freeze out Fox News from hosting/moderating.
I would accept MSNBC or CNN moderating a debate if Fox News is allowed to moderate one. That seems fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies