Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 07:05 AM

17,024 posts, read 12,633,757 times

Advertisements

Let me be the moderator.

I promise on every question, one of them will hate me... A LOT.

yeah, I'll keep the number of gut punches even between them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:14 AM

52,849 posts, read 34,721,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Here’s Biden’s video message.

https://x.com/joebiden/status/179071...xQytGPb9_RrX_A

14 seconds long and there’s a half dozen jump cuts.
he can only avoid slurring, stuttering, or stepping on himself for 2-3 seconds at a time.

Old Today, 07:20 AM

20,220 posts, read 20,990,692 times
I didn’t know there was such a thing as post-election debates?
Biden states that “Donald Trump lost 2 debates to me in 2020. Since then he hasn’t shown up for a debate”.
Am I missing something?

Old Today, 07:20 AM

3,388 posts, read 2,167,642 times
I've become too cynical, admittedly. Minimum steps should be taken:
  • Ensure moderator professionalism. I wouldn't mind seeing professors Glenn Loury and John McWhorter asking the questions.
  • Biden should be drug tested via blood draw, on camera, no more than 10min prior to the debate start. The chain of custody should likewise be followed and processed on camera, with results being released publicly thereafter.
  • Questions should come from members of the respective opposing parties, vetted for hyperbole, and kept under lock and key until the debate begins.
  • Automatic mic cutouts 5 seconds after candidate time expires.
  • Both candidates should be wanded from head to toe to ensure no communication devices are present.
  • No note cards, props, or worn political symbols other than the US flag pin.

Old Today, 07:23 AM

17,612 posts, read 14,767,543 times
Even if the questions are pre-planned, Biden uses note cards for everything.

How the heck is he going to get through not having that crutch?

Old Today, 07:26 AM

8,014 posts, read 3,536,500 times
Trump should debate but he should make a counter offer, not just accept debates on the Biden Machine's terms.

Old Today, 07:31 AM

29,866 posts, read 24,997,963 times
Quote:
Biden has deteriorated significantly since 2020.

So has the nation as a whole. Americans know it would take a tremendous amount of work to "MAGA". It wouldn't surprise me at all if the masses opted against that sort of thing by selecting weak senile Biden. We are all looking at a future of stagnant wages. Why add hard work on top of all that misery?

Old Today, 07:31 AM

10,183 posts, read 7,837,523 times
Quote:
Even if the questions are pre-planned, Biden uses note cards for everything.

How the heck is he going to get through not having that crutch?
NO NOTE CARDS ALLOWED!!!

If the debates want to be unfair though, they will allow it for Biden. If Biden has note cards, Trump should call that out. Challenge Biden to answer the question and not read from his note cards. Call him out every single time he has to read off note cards. Ask Biden who wrote his note cards for him to read off of? Call the idiot out.

Trump should challenge him to put his note cards away and answer on the fly. Also no questions should be given up front. We want to hear answers to questions these guys hadn't prepared for up front. If you are presidential material you should be able to do this. Anyone can read off note cards. All that proves is you should not be president.

Old Today, 07:32 AM

13,702 posts, read 4,982,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I couldn't get into the link without paying but it sure looks like the Dems are trying to stack the deck for Biden and if Trump says no they will all scream that he is afraid to face Biden........

June seems awful early for a "debate" but then again I think most of us have made up our minds already. Will Trump be done with the lawfare nonsense by then?
According to WaPo, “The first debate would take place after the June 15 conclusion of the Group of Seven summit in Italy and the conclusion of Trump’s criminal trial in New York. The September debate would take place before the start of early voting.”

Old Today, 07:34 AM

13,702 posts, read 4,982,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
NO NOTE CARDS ALLOWED!!!

If the debates want to be unfair though, they will allow it for Biden. If Biden has note cards, Trump should call that out. Challenge Biden to answer the question and not read from his note cards. Call him out every single time he has to read off note cards.
Sure. Trump doesn’t need note cards, he will just start talking about Hannibal Lector.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies