Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:15 AM

2,627 posts, read 1,170,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yeah well, illegals/phony asylum seekers are allowed to receive money from SSI but not from regular social security.
I know a woman in her late 60's maybe age 70 who has a son on SSDI. She put extra money from her paycheck to her deferred comp so her son who is on SSDI could get more money from her. She wanted out and didn't think her pension with regular SS was enough for him so she ended up getting SSDI and her pension from her job. She left most of her pension % to her adult son. All she had to do was have an incision on her back with the reason minor disc bulge not herniated also her medical Insurance paid for the that not SSDI. Well that was the way to zip along straight to immediate approval. I thought SSDI was for people who retired early and only received that extra money from Social Security until age 65. So some people do put into the system but they too are scamming the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
If you report the twenty bucks then they often reduce the next month's payment by twenty bucks. You also have to get the person to fill out a form indicating that they gave you the twenty bucks. They don't just take your word for it that you received twenty bucks. You have to verify it. If you report it and the person doesn't fill out the form, you can end up getting cut off because you didn't verify the information in time. The recipient ends up having to go through all of that to have the twenty bucks they just got taken out of the check.
This is why they should only accept the measly $20.00 bill for what ever occasion.

Old Today, 09:23 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
They are so afraid of long time Democrats jumping to Trump. It's so easy to see.

Old Today, 09:24 AM

45,333 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
I know a woman in her late 60's maybe age 70 who has a son on SSDI. She put extra money from her paycheck to her deferred comp so her son who is on SSDI could get more money from her. She wanted out and didn't think her pension with regular SS was enough for him so she ended up getting SSDI and her pension from her job. She left most of her pension % to her adult son. All she had to do was have an incision on her back with the reason minor disc bulge not herniated also her medical Insurance paid for the that not SSDI. Well that was the way to zip along straight to immediate approval. I thought SSDI was for people who retired early and only received that extra money from Social Security until age 65. So some people do put into the system but they too are scamming the system.
It changed from 65 to the individual's Full Retirement Age:
https://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/cfr20/404/404-0321.htm

Old Today, 10:56 AM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
SSDI is disability that any citizen can get if approved, even babies. From what I've heard it is often very hard to get and can often take years to be approved and people are typically denied several times and have to go through appeals before they're finally approved. I guess SSA is usually waiting for the person to die first.

Old Today, 11:41 AM

5,145 posts, read 3,076,394 times
SSI (the topic of this thread) and SSDI are two different programs. A disabled relative of mine collects SSDI and the requirements and limitations have little to do with SSI which is a supplemental income program.

Old Today, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
It changed from 65 to the individual's Full Retirement Age:
https://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/cfr20/404/404-0321.htm
Full retirement age for me is 70 but early is age 62 and regular Social Security age for me is 66 and 4 months. So if I were on SSDI I could collect extra SS money until age 66 and 4 months not until age 65? well they are cutting a little doing that. I did not know that.

Old Today, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
SSI (the topic of this thread) and SSDI are two different programs. A disabled relative of mine collects SSDI and the requirements and limitations have little to do with SSI which is a supplemental income program.
I forgot about that SSI is the supplemental. But I don't understand or even know why have both

Old Today, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
SSDI is disability that any citizen can get if approved, even babies. From what I've heard it is often very hard to get and can often take years to be approved and people are typically denied several times and have to go through appeals before they're finally approved. I guess SSA is usually waiting for the person to die first.
When I called to apply for Social Security the man on the phone offered me to get disability SSDI and said if I choose to then he would call back at a later date. I am a percentage disabled but I do not get paid to be disabled. Yes you are correct it is much harder now as was before but now even harder to get. I think they offer it to put off paying it.

Old Today, 12:04 PM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
When I called to apply for Social Security the man on the phone offered me to get disability SSDI and said if I choose to then he would call back at a later date. I am a percentage disabled but I do not get paid to be disabled. Yes you are correct it is much harder now as was before but now even harder to get. I think they offer it to put off paying it.
It was hard years ago, too. I had a friend who was a disability lawyer and handled mostly children's cases. She would get so frustrated that these kids would suffer for so long while waiting to be approved, sometimes years, and some dying before approval.

But as far as SSI, it's harder to get than even SSDI, but it does seem like many illegals/phony asylum seekers are applying with many getting approved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies