Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 09:30 PM

3,324 posts, read 2,135,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No, he's a realist and doesn't want to waste the money. Walls won't stop the desperate. America has always been the land of the free and opportunity.
Holy smokes!
> "He's a realist and doesn't want to waste the money":
  • The amount of money it would cost to hypothetically finish the wall is 0.002% of the US annual budget, and that's being generous in terms of inflation as well as those oh-so-reliable cost-overruns. Btw, Biden's extant and desired budgetary malfeasance yields an amount that's an order of magnitude greater than the cost of the wall annually in just interest payments on the debt.
> "Walls don't stop the desperate."
  • Walls are imperfect physical deterrents, not inviolable stop-measures. In tandem with modern monitoring and personnel capacity, they're a significant part of a comprehensive solution. This is literally the basis for securing governmental facilities — and to a lesser extent, private properties — broadly writ.
> "America has always been the land of the free and opportunity."
  • This is much more a misrepresented slogan than a function of evolving practical reality over the course of the nation's history — particularly post- graduated instantiation of eventualities such as the proverbial welfare state. There's also the brute fact that any nation incapable of controlling its borders isn't a nation. I've yet to meet anybody, for example, even among the abject 'bleeding heart' crowd, that deliberately leaves the doors of their private residence unlocked or open with the espoused expectation that any and all strangers are free to enter and entreat themselves to the property and/or person(s) of their immediate desires.

Old 04-19-2024, 09:34 PM

29,813 posts, read 24,895,387 times
Quote:
So why aren’t states helping their own citizens then. What are the governors in poor states like Mississippi doing. And you really have no idea what these illegals do for our country and our economy. Educate yourself

How is adding millions of poor illegals to the country and devoting all sorts of funding and resources to them going to help the plight of the poor living is Mississippi? You aren't making sense, you are just rambling like Biden. And please educate yourself on proper punctuation.

Old 04-19-2024, 10:14 PM

14,768 posts, read 8,101,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I'm sorry, but anyone who says "I can never accept [fill in the blank] as president" is flagrantly un-American.

The whole basis of America, of democracy. entails a willingness to lose, to do your best to be a good sport, to wait your turn until the next election.

And, actually, yes, the statements are very deniable. Starting with the fact that we do not have open borders. There may be more people coming in than you would like - but that's not the same thing. (Funny how people like to brag that they consider America the best country in the world, but then are dismayed when people want to come here.)
This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
When I was in high school, Jimmy Carter was elected. The next day, some of the students came to school wearing black arm bands. First period in school, my Latin teacher stood up and said to those wearing armbands, "get out of my classroom. Until you can show respect to your US president, don't come back in to my class". After about 15 minutes, they came back in, repentant. And actually, they were nice kids.

My Latin teacher was a Republican. But when the chips were down, she understood the basic idea of acknowledging the US president.

We used to understand this.
Yep.

Old 04-19-2024, 11:27 PM

23,534 posts, read 12,509,523 times
Quote:
So why aren’t states helping their own citizens then. What are the governors in poor states like Mississippi doing. And you really have no idea what these illegals do for our country and our economy. Educate yourself
They take more than they give, and that is a fact.

Old 04-19-2024, 11:35 PM

18,060 posts, read 15,653,675 times
No one has to like it, but it is reality. A refusal to accept reality is one of the cognitive "viruses" that infected this country over the last 8 years.

Old 04-20-2024, 01:08 AM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We all see what is going on politically and the destruction of race relations,our justice system and our culture. We have Supreme Court Justices that cannot even tell us what a woman is.

We have open borders. Millions of people from around the world coming in.The destruction of America is a planned event.

Mark Levin describes it in detail what is happening in our country. It is undeniable.
Mark tells about the future of this nation.
https://youtu.be/XUVOK4h27rc?si=JiqJUySwsCku_hGP
Just propaganda from this host. Right off the bat bad mouthing a judge.

Old 04-20-2024, 03:06 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
When I was in high school, Jimmy Carter was elected.
Same here.

Quote:
The next day, some of the students came to school wearing black arm bands. First period in school, my Latin teacher stood up and said to those wearing armbands, "get out of my classroom. Until you can show respect to your US president, don't come back in to my class". After about 15 minutes, they came back in, repentant. And actually, they were nice kids.

My Latin teacher was a Republican. But when the chips were down, she understood the basic idea of acknowledging the US president.

We used to understand this.
Growing up, my town was...I would guess...about 2/3 R and 1/3 D, and I'd guess now is the opposite of that.

The attorney mother of one of my classmates was appointed to a pretty high up position in the Carter Administration, and she left him in the house 2800-2900 miles away until he left for college (my alma mater is a top 1% public high school in the SF Bay Area). He was funny looking guy, but man he was witty....and that wit captured a pretty cheerleader. We definitely had different types of people in school. We had a few early punk rockers. And we had one guy who could best be described as a forerunner of Alex P. Keaton (and he ended up becoming the head partner for North America for what was then the largest law firm in the world).

Old 04-20-2024, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
God bless Joe Biden. I am very grateful he is our president. He delivered us from evil.

We should never have had to endure either of these too old idiots, and now it looks as though one of the two will be elected again.

Old 04-20-2024, 03:39 AM

Quote:
No, he's a realist and doesn't want to waste the money. Walls won't stop the desperate. America has always been the land of the free and opportunity.
That isn't the criteria for asylum.

It sounds as though you don't care whether there is or isn't a valid claim for asylum, but instead...Welcome !.

Old 04-20-2024, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
people say they cant accept, I cant since regan, our cream of the crop is more, its my turn now. the last six president just plain suck
Regan was the Secretary of the Treasury and White House Chief of Staff.

Reagan was the POTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies