Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM

25,777 posts, read 12,840,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
To all those who said or asked if Doorley is a Democrat, according to this, https://www.wxxinews.org/local-news/...t-public-trust -- she is a Republican, and she should be ashamed and I think she should spend a few nights in jail.

Honestly, it is no wonder why so many people have such a poor opinion of upper-income white women! Even though that is an unfair generalization, this kind of video certainly does nothing to combat that opinion.
Thx for clarifying the political party this woman is affiliated with. As a registered Republican (for now anyways), she's an embarassment to our party, & should be removed.

The only proviso I'd put forth, is that if the Democrat City Council was targeting her specifically, & using police to do so, then I'd have to learn a lot more before passing final judgement.

B-T-W Florida's Governor DeSantis did remove 2 DA's for making comments that they did not intend to enforce State laws. One of them is suing to try to get her job back, but I don't see that effort succeeding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:27 AM

9,467 posts, read 5,233,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
What would the argument be usually when you get a speeding ticket county DA isn't involved in those. Usually just a judge and the police officer. I don't think she will be around much longer anyway. I would be surprised if she last more then a few weeks media running with this story.

Cops and their families get "Professional curtesy" which I think is BS. Not like 30-40 years ago speeding ticket was $25-80 now it's $300-400. Not counting what it cost with insurance hikes.
Pressing charges for the evading violation would involve the DA.

Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM

4,146 posts, read 2,840,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post

The only proviso I'd put forth, is that if the Democrat City Council was targeting her specifically, & using police to do so, then I'd have to learn a lot more before passing final judgement.
Just a quick note on this, and I preface this with this, I do not know and I was not there. This is highly unlikely, the resources involved to track her and nail her on a simple speeding ticket fall far below actual community needs and real calls for service. Long story short, it’s not worth it.

Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
democrats love people like this to be their leaders
She’s Republican.

Surprise! lol

Old Yesterday, 09:49 AM

3,169 posts, read 2,057,357 times
LMAO I love how the usual suspects just knew she was a Democrat.

Do y'all ever get tired of being manipulated by the media or nah?

Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM

6,246 posts, read 3,415,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
County DA in NY state wants to get a pass for speeding and evading. She calls the police chief and demands to have the officer leave her property.
Another case of double standards for enforcing the laws.

Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM

6,246 posts, read 3,415,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
LMAO I love how the usual suspects just knew she was a Democrat.

Do y'all ever get tired of being manipulated by the media or nah?
What do you think her party politics was in New York? Republican? Huh...not likely.

Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
What do you think her party politics was in New York? Republican? Huh...not likely.
Tell me you didn’t read the thread without telling me you didn’t read the thread.

Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM

13,774 posts, read 8,019,999 times
When the woman says to the officer, "I was dealing with three murders today and do you think I really care if I was driving 20 miles over the speed limit" she lost me.

I hope she gets fired.

Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM

23,873 posts, read 33,587,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Uh-oh, Local politicians want NY AG Leticia James to investigate. Wonder what will happen if the suspect doesn't pay a speeding ticket.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/27/us-new...-traffic-stop/

She went to court Tuesday, plead guilty in municipal court “because I believe in accepting responsibility for my actions and had no intention of using my position to receive a benefit,”

She claimed she called the chief so that he could tell the cop who she was which I'd be surprised if he did not know who he was pulling over after running her plate.

I'll be surprised if she isn't fired if she refuses to step down.

Upstate NY pols want hostile DA who refused to stop for speeding, called cop ‘a–hole’ to be investigated by AG James: ‘Erodes public trust’

Quote:
A hostile upstate New York district attorney who was caught on bodycam footage calling a police officer “an a–hole” after he tried to pull her over for speeding may soon have more to worry about than local authorities.

The Rochester City Council wants a state inquiry into Monroe County District Attorney Sandra Doorley’s belligerent conduct — and sent a letter to Attorney General Letitia James Saturday asking her to investigate the situation.

“Recent body camera footage, shared by the Webster Police Department, has raised significant concerns regarding Ms. Doorley’s behavior during a traffic stop in Webster, New York,” reads the letter, which was signed by all nine city council members.

“This incident has led us to question her fitness to serve as District Attorney, and we believe an investigation by your office is warranted.”

Hochul refers upstate NY DA to commission that investigates prosecutor conduct following caught-on-camera outburst at cop

Quote:
The upstate New York district attorney.. ....was referred by Gov. Kathy Hochul to a state commission tasked with investigating prosecutors’ conduct on Sunday.

Hochul said in a statement she made the request to the Commission for Prosecutorial Conduct after bodycam footage on Friday showed Monroe County District Attorney Sandra Doorley ignoring a Webster, New York cop and instead driving back to her home where she called the police chief to complain about the “a–hole” officer who had pursued her home.

The uncomfortable interaction took place on Monday and ended with Doorley getting written up for speeding.

“Earlier today, I referred the Monroe County District Attorney to the Commission on Prosecutorial Conduct following the release of police bodycam footage showing her claiming she is above the law, attempting to use her public office to evade responsibility, and acting unprofessionally towards a police officer simply trying to do his job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies