Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 11:17 AM

5,176 posts, read 4,996,901 times

Advertisements

Even the most rigged DEM-leaning CNN is no longer willing to hide bad news for Biden's career and policy failures...

Please read and understand the number for yourself to decide how the battle between B-T will turn out...would you not like to pick the winner's side in Nov 2024....???

CNN Poll: Trump maintains lead over Biden in 2024 matchup as views on their presidencies diverge

Trump’s support in the poll among registered voters holds steady at 49% in a head-to-head matchup against Biden, the same as in CNN’s last national poll on the race in January, while Biden’s stands at 43%, not significantly different from January’s 45%.
Looking back, 55% of all Americans now say they see Trump’s presidency as a success, while 44% see it as a failure. In a January 2021 poll taken just before Trump left office and days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, 55% considered his time as president a failure.

Assessing Biden’s time in office so far, 61% say his presidency thus far has been a failure, while 39% say it’s been a success. That’s narrowly worse than the 57% who called the first year of his administration a failure in January 2022, with 41% calling it a success.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/28/p...hup/index.html

Last edited by leoliu; 04-28-2024 at 11:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2024, 11:48 AM

6,067 posts, read 3,787,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Even the most rigged DEM-leaning CNN is no longer willing to hide bad news for Biden's career and policy failures...

Please read and understand the number for yourself to decide how the battle between B-T will turn out...would you not like to pick the winner's side in Nov 2024....???

CNN Poll: Trump maintains lead over Biden in 2024 matchup as views on their presidencies diverge

Trump’s support in the poll among registered voters holds steady at 49% in a head-to-head matchup against Biden, the same as in CNN’s last national poll on the race in January, while Biden’s stands at 43%, not significantly different from January’s 45%.
Looking back, 55% of all Americans now say they see Trump’s presidency as a success, while 44% see it as a failure. In a January 2021 poll taken just before Trump left office and days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, 55% considered his time as president a failure.

Assessing Biden’s time in office so far, 61% say his presidency thus far has been a failure, while 39% say it’s been a success. That’s narrowly worse than the 57% who called the first year of his administration a failure in January 2022, with 41% calling it a success.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/28/p...hup/index.html
We'll see how those opinions translate into votes this November. I hope they are right, but I'm not confident that the Dems won't pull some shenanigans (again?) to get their candidate elected.

Old 04-28-2024, 12:02 PM

13,891 posts, read 8,086,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post

Regarding the national polls:

From RCP
Quote:
Quote:
.... Listen, the swing state polls have been very close the whole time. But I'll remind you guys of something, which is that if this race is tied in the national popular vote going into election day and those numbers hold, Joe Biden is going to be defeated and Donald Trump is going to be president. The national popular vote -- and we've never had it quite like this, it's been going on now for, you know, three of the last four cycles or started with George W. Bush.

Donald Trump lost California to Biden by 5 million votes. He lost New York by 2 million. That's 7 million votes. So that popular vote, Biden can't be tied with Trump in the head-to-head national vote or he loses. The Democrats know that and the campaign knows that.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...for_biden.html

Old 04-28-2024, 01:56 PM

19,884 posts, read 9,437,343 times
The problem is that it is not a two-man race.

West's and Stein's voters take away from Biden; and although Kennedy and the Libertarian candidate will take away voters from both major parties*, I have not seen the percentages of would-be Trump voters and would-be Biden voters voting for RFK, Jr. and the Libertarian. For that reason, I still think it is a toss-up. I do think that Biden will get more of the popular vote than Trump, but I still think that Trump will win -- unless something happens to prevent another Trump-Biden contest. Don't forget that Robert F. Kennedy was assassinated just after the California primary, and William Henry Harrison died just 32 days after taking office, so as both Trump and Biden are over 75, one of them dying before the election is certainly not impossible.

This is a poll that better illustrates what I am talking about in my first sentence above.
https://www.realclearpolling.com/pol...-west-vs-stein (The latest polls shows RFK, Jr. taking 16% of the vote, and West and Stein each taking about 3% of the vote.)

In short, a poll that gives respondents a choice of only Trump and Biden is almost worthless, imo.

*I suspect that RFK, Jr. has more supporters who would otherwise vote for Biden and the Libertarian will get more people who would otherwise vote for Trump, but that is only a guess on my part. I would love to see a poll results on that.

Old 04-28-2024, 02:07 PM

10,840 posts, read 4,385,664 times
Thank God Trump has this election in the bag, so relieved
We get President Trump for 2025, 2026, 2027 and 2028
The greatest 4 years America will ever see

Old 04-28-2024, 02:13 PM

30,693 posts, read 18,319,995 times
Still a long way to go between now and election day. But I'm liking Trump's chances. He continues to lead in the polls despite everything that Dems have thrown at him via politically motivated indictments, etc., which ironically only seem to have strengthened Trump in the polls.

Even if Dems believe they were doing the right thing with these indictments, you won't win on the issue if enough people think they are politically motivated, which was inevitable based on their timing and other information we have.

Old 04-28-2024, 02:13 PM

21,981 posts, read 9,565,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
We'll see how those opinions translate into votes this November. I hope they are right, but I'm not confident that the Dems won't pull some shenanigans (again?) to get their candidate elected.

EVERYONE knows they will pull something. EVERYONE is waiting to see what it is.

Old 04-28-2024, 02:22 PM

27,704 posts, read 16,198,210 times
Swampys a dangerous cornered 'rat. So we'll see.

Old 04-28-2024, 02:25 PM

11,076 posts, read 6,019,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
EVERYONE knows they will pull something. EVERYONE is waiting to see what it is.
Well, they've been running a hate campaign for some years now and it's working. Which is funny because it is also the left who want anti-hate speech laws.

Old 04-28-2024, 02:26 PM

10,840 posts, read 4,385,664 times
Even if we don't know the election result yet, its still ok to celebrate and celebrate very powerfully between now and November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies