Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 11:01 PM

32,091 posts, read 15,089,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...5f8ca57d&ei=28

This is disgusting. They're prioritizing "migrants" who have no business being here over veterans who fought for our country.

From the article:

""No individual who has served their country with valor and dedication should ever be forced to sleep on the street with their family," he said. "At a time when our emergency shelter system is being stretched beyond capacity and has a growing waitlist for services, we need to set clear priorities to better manage the demand and eliminate the waitlist.

"Ensuring the well-being of homeless veterans, who have sacrificed so much for our country and our Commonwealth, is not just a responsible policy decision; it's a moral imperative.""

and this:

"Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, whose state has been at the forefront of the illegal immigration battle, chimed in on the Massachusetts Democrats' votes.

"This is insanity," Abbott wrote on X. "It must end. Illegal immigrants should not be prioritized over our veterans who served our country."
It’s disgusting that federal government and all of us don’t treat our vets better. Why are they living in shelters. Our country is pathetic how we treat those that put their lives on the line to defend us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:52 AM

20,087 posts, read 20,890,524 times
Quote:
^^^^This is true. There are lots of folks like you who leave blue states and head to red states due to politics.

I wish that everyone who leaves a blue state for a red one moves there because they are sick of the blue state they were living in due to the politics.
They can’t help themselves. They inevitably find something to take issue with and proceed to kick a hornets nest. It’s unbelievable.

Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM

50,356 posts, read 47,109,092 times
Quote:
^^^^This is true. There are lots of folks like you who leave blue states and head to red states due to politics.

I wish that everyone who leaves a blue state for a red one moves there because they are sick of the blue state they were living in due to the politics.
Probably about to be us. Love this State, hate the politics. This State flipped 40 years ago and now it's a clown show.

Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Probably about to be us. Love this State, hate the politics. This State flipped 40 years ago and now it's a clown show.
Can't say I blame you.

We're both MA natives and left the state back in the 80s. At the time, VA was solid red. Then hyper immigration, both legal and illegal, happened. Plus lots of people from the Northeast moved here. There was exponential growth---and NoVA went blue. For years, we had a great republican rep and donated money to him and attended events. He ended up retiring and his district turned blue. The other districts in NoVA had already gone blue.

Now we have to be careful who we talk to as sometimes the topic changes to politics It's always so nice to find people who are on the same page.

Hope you are able to find just the right spot in a red state!

Old Today, 08:57 AM

59,185 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...5f8ca57d&ei=28

This is disgusting. They're prioritizing "migrants" who have no business being here over veterans who fought for our country.

From the article:

""No individual who has served their country with valor and dedication should ever be forced to sleep on the street with their family," he said. "At a time when our emergency shelter system is being stretched beyond capacity and has a growing waitlist for services, we need to set clear priorities to better manage the demand and eliminate the waitlist.

"Ensuring the well-being of homeless veterans, who have sacrificed so much for our country and our Commonwealth, is not just a responsible policy decision; it's a moral imperative.""

and this:

"Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, whose state has been at the forefront of the illegal immigration battle, chimed in on the Massachusetts Democrats' votes.

"This is insanity," Abbott wrote on X. "It must end. Illegal immigrants should not be prioritized over our veterans who served our country."
What do you expect when you elect dems?

Old Today, 09:06 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,686,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I find it hard to believe a majority of any red-blooded Americans (of any stripe) would prioritize illegal aliens (with no stake in the game), above those who have given and risked more than your average citizen, more rights and care than our own.

Maybe (though highly unlikely) some leftists in CD can justify such an abomination?
I used to think people were crazy for saying things like "They want to completely destroy America from the inside out." But now I can see no other explanation. There are people who truly believe the USA should not exist, and have made that their goal. I know, now *I* sound crazy, and I can't list exactly who "they" are. But I am seeing more and more evidence that this is the plan.

We should no longer be surprised when American citizens, especially veterans, are treated with disdain while illegal invaders get the red carpet treatment. It is part of a despicable plan.

I wish I knew how to fight it, beyond writing to my legislators (mine are already conservative and not pro-illegal invaders).

Old Today, 01:27 PM

30,279 posts, read 23,766,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
When the people of Massachusetts finally have enough of spending more and more of their money for services from which they will never benefit, one of two things will happen:

1. They will vote with their ballots and install leaders who will prioritize American citizens over foreign invaders; or

2. They will vote with their feet and leave. For those who choose this path, I urge them to think long and hard about what happens when they vote for Dems, before they start voting in their new states.
They will move to Maine and continue to vote the same way, like too many of them already have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies