Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 06:48 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times

Advertisements

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...5f8ca57d&ei=28

This is disgusting. They're prioritizing "migrants" who have no business being here over veterans who fought for our country.

From the article:

""No individual who has served their country with valor and dedication should ever be forced to sleep on the street with their family," he said. "At a time when our emergency shelter system is being stretched beyond capacity and has a growing waitlist for services, we need to set clear priorities to better manage the demand and eliminate the waitlist.

"Ensuring the well-being of homeless veterans, who have sacrificed so much for our country and our Commonwealth, is not just a responsible policy decision; it's a moral imperative.""

and this:

"Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, whose state has been at the forefront of the illegal immigration battle, chimed in on the Massachusetts Democrats' votes.

"This is insanity," Abbott wrote on X. "It must end. Illegal immigrants should not be prioritized over our veterans who served our country."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2024, 07:03 PM

16,565 posts, read 10,657,507 times
When the people of Massachusetts finally have enough of spending more and more of their money for services from which they will never benefit, one of two things will happen:

1. They will vote with their ballots and install leaders who will prioritize American citizens over foreign invaders; or

2. They will vote with their feet and leave. For those who choose this path, I urge them to think long and hard about what happens when they vote for Dems, before they start voting in their new states.

Old 04-29-2024, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
When the people of Massachusetts finally have enough of spending more and more of their money for services from which they will never benefit, one of two things will happen:

1. They will vote with their ballots and install leaders who will prioritize American citizens over foreign invaders; or

2. They will vote with their feet and leave. For those who choose this path, I urge them to think long and hard about what happens when they vote for Dems, before they start voting in their new states.
Good points!

What is annoying is watching people vote for dems and when their state is ruined, they move to conservative states and vote for the same type of people who wrecked the state they left behind. I feel so sorry for the residents of red states who have been invaded by leftists.

Often I wonder what happened to those who want to move to another state thinking it through? For example, there was a time when a lib would rule out a state for being too conservative. Or a conservative ruling out a state for being too liberal.

In the case of MA, they still keep voting dems into office. These people think that dems are still like their father's and grandfather's dems. Those dems of yore used to put Americans first. That's no longer the case.

So...the majority in MA will never figure it out.

But...for those legislators to put "migrants" ahead of veterans is absolutely despicable. SMH

Old 04-29-2024, 08:09 PM

20,087 posts, read 20,890,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Good points!

What is annoying is watching people vote for dems and when their state is ruined, they move to conservative states and vote for the same type of people who wrecked the state they left behind. I feel so sorry for the residents of red states who have been invaded by leftists.

Often I wonder what happened to those who want to move to another state thinking it through? For example, there was a time when a lib would rule out a state for being too conservative. Or a conservative ruling out a state for being too liberal.

In the case of MA, they still keep voting dems into office. These people think that dems are still like their father's and grandfather's dems. Those dems of yore used to put Americans first. That's no longer the case.

So...the majority in MA will never figure it out.

But...for those legislators to put "migrants" ahead of veterans is absolutely despicable. SMH
Because these liberal leaning states suck.
All of them. Then they move to a conservative leaning state and immediately begin complaining about stuff and try to change it to the same crap they ran away from.
Goddam morons. Every last one of them. You made your mess, deal with it.
Of course a stupid blue dump state would put illegal degenerates before veterans.
They wouldn’t have it any other way.

Old 04-29-2024, 08:13 PM

16,635 posts, read 8,636,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...5f8ca57d&ei=28

This is disgusting. They're prioritizing "migrants" who have no business being here over veterans who fought for our country.

From the article:

""No individual who has served their country with valor and dedication should ever be forced to sleep on the street with their family," he said. "At a time when our emergency shelter system is being stretched beyond capacity and has a growing waitlist for services, we need to set clear priorities to better manage the demand and eliminate the waitlist.

"Ensuring the well-being of homeless veterans, who have sacrificed so much for our country and our Commonwealth, is not just a responsible policy decision; it's a moral imperative.""

and this:

"Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, whose state has been at the forefront of the illegal immigration battle, chimed in on the Massachusetts Democrats' votes.

"This is insanity," Abbott wrote on X. "It must end. Illegal immigrants should not be prioritized over our veterans who served our country."
I find it hard to believe a majority of any red-blooded Americans (of any stripe) would prioritize illegal aliens (with no stake in the game), above those who have given and risked more than your average citizen, more rights and care than our own.

Maybe (though highly unlikely) some leftists in CD can justify such an abomination?

Old 04-29-2024, 08:15 PM

29,837 posts, read 24,937,877 times
Mass of 2 chits is telling America where their priorities lay, and it is not with anything that can be considered good, decent, wholesome or honorable. They are on the side of the Marxists using a mass influx of illegal migrant labor to disrupt the system and further sow seeds of chaos upon America. Nothing that is happening today is on accident. It was all very well planned, thought out and orchestrated, while most Americans happily overate themselves near to death and binged watched television as their nation slipped from beneath their/our feet. It's sad to think of all that veterans sacrificed, for this. It goes without saying, they deserve much better.

Old 04-29-2024, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Because these liberal leaning states suck.
All of them. Then they move to a conservative leaning state and immediately begin complaining about stuff and try to change it to the same crap they ran away from.
Goddam morons. Every last one of them. You made your mess, deal with it.
Of course a stupid blue dump state would put illegal degenerates before veterans.
They wouldn’t have it any other way.
^^^^Exactly

Old 04-29-2024, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Mass of 2 chits is telling America where their priorities lay, and it is not with anything that can be considered good, decent, wholesome or honorable. They are on the side of the Marxists using a mass influx of illegal migrant labor to disrupt the system and further sow seeds of chaos upon America. Nothing that is happening today is on accident. It was all very well planned, thought out and orchestrated, while most Americans happily overate themselves near to death and binged watched television as their nation slipped from beneath their/our feet. It's sad to think of all that veterans sacrificed, for this. It goes without saying, they deserve much better.
I agree---Our veterans deserve much better. That's why what happened in MA is so disgusting and despicable.

Old 04-29-2024, 09:09 PM

19,830 posts, read 9,392,703 times
Prioritizing a non-citizen over ANY citizen is wrong, imo -- and it is especially wrong when it comes to veterans.

Also, just btw, not everyone fleeing a blue state is a liberal. I have not voted for a Democrat since I (stupidly) voted for Obama in 2008. As so many other people have said, my politics have not changed, but the ideology of the Democratic party did. I voted "red" in Colorado from 2010 until I moved to Wisconsin in 2020, and I have always voted for Republicans/conservatives since then, too.

Again, not everyone who moves from a blue state to a red state (or swing state) is a leftist/liberal!

Last edited by katharsis; 04-29-2024 at 09:21 PM..

Old 04-29-2024, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Prioritizing a non-citizen over ANY citizen is wrong, imo -- and it is especially wrong when it comes to veterans.

Also, just btw, not everyone fleeing a blue state is a liberal. I have not voted for a Democrat since I (stupidly) voted for Obama in 2008. As so many other people have said, my politics have not changed, but the ideology of the Democratic party did. I voted "red" in Colorado from 2010 until I moved to Wisconsin in 2020, and I have always voted for Republicans/conservatives since then, too.

Again, not everyone who moves from a blue state to a red state (or swing state) is a leftist/liberal!
^^^^This is true. There are lots of folks like you who leave blue states and head to red states due to politics.

I wish that everyone who leaves a blue state for a red one moves there because they are sick of the blue state they were living in due to the politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies