Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 02:08 PM

8,969 posts, read 2,589,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I can't imagine another defendant getting contempt after contempt citation and not being put in jail - especially the jury intimidation. He should be locked up, but, from state court to supreme court, there are always different rules for Trump.
If there weren't different rules for Trump, he there would be no gag order and there would be no case.

Don't pretend you aren't happy about the different rules for Trump.

Old 05-06-2024, 02:45 PM

52,506 posts, read 53,071,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
If there weren't different rules for Trump, he there would be no gag order and there would be no case.

Don't pretend you aren't happy about the different rules for Trump.
These people that are happy about it are fools. One day when the tides change as they always do, they'll be the victim of this politicized lawfare nonsense, and they won't like it.

We're getting into dicey third world banana republic nonsense and we just don't want to go down that route. This trial in NYC never should have even been brought forward, even the pinheads on CNN can't see how this case is winnable, was shocked when I saw that clip of them talking about how thin the prosecution's case is.

Old 05-06-2024, 03:02 PM

3,489 posts, read 1,533,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yeah, all Presidents were exempt from prosecution except Trump, gag orders are to protect Defendants, not the Judge, Prosecutor, and current White House resident.
I believe the gag order does not restrict Mr. Trump from speaking about the Judge or DA.

Old 05-06-2024, 03:28 PM

14,585 posts, read 20,878,442 times
Trump says bring it on.

“Frankly, our Constitution is much more important than jail," Trump told reporters. "It’s not even close. I’ll do that sacrifice any day."

Old 05-06-2024, 03:31 PM

5,041 posts, read 3,471,124 times
I think Trump is daring the judge to send him to jail because he thinks that's gonna energize his base. I think the judge is refusing to do so because he thinks the same thing. There's not a snowball's chance in hell that you or I or any other 'commoner' would get ten contempt charges. Might get away with a fine for the first one, but the second time the baliff would be hauling us off to jail.

They could write a textbook on how to make a mockery of the judicial system based on what they've done with Trump.

Old 05-06-2024, 03:35 PM

24,840 posts, read 13,203,748 times
Good Lawgic
@TheFollowingPro

#UngagTrump UPDATE: Timely e-filed our Reply papers. Timely filed hard copies at 9:50 AM. I was informed that the Clerk needs to review our papers and schedule Oral Argument. No Argument today. But hopefully soon.

https://twitter.com/TheFollowingPro/...87623948193970

Once again, Merchan is having the clerk stall the ungag petition...what's Merchan afraid of?

Old 05-06-2024, 03:36 PM

8,461 posts, read 3,619,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Trump got reprimanded again, this time for making comments about the makeup of the jury. Look I think this NY case is a joke and I think if convicted Trump will win on appeal.

However. If one is pulled over by the police and believing you are being treated unfairly. Getting into with the cops and giving them an attitude only makes things worse.

I think Trump needs to shut up and respect authority just like you should do if you are pulled over by the police. Let your attorney handle things. Shut up and let them do their job. At this point I would be fine with Trump being locked up for not following the judges orders. Just like I am fine with people being locked up for not doing what the cops tell them to do.

There is a time and place to plead your side. In Trump's case that is not during an TV interview. In the case of a driver pulled over. Its not out in the streets but before the judge. Just like with Trump.

We need more law and order and less people who think they are above the law.

What do you think?
There is not always a time and place to plead your case, especially when there's a kangaroo court where the decision has been made ahead of time. Appeals are not automatically granted. An appellate court doesn't have to hear a case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies