Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 01:51 PM

37,181 posts, read 41,377,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Hasn't been reported exactly what air rifle he had as I said before could have been one of 100's that have been manufactured.
https://heavy.com/news/damian-haglund-update/

"The release reveals that 'The weapon recovered on scene was determined to be a Ruger .177 caliber pellet rifle' but says the suspect was shot and killed by law enforcement after pointing what appeared to be a long gun at them."

There are three versions of the Ruger here:

https://www.umarexusa.com/ruger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 01:53 PM

6,382 posts, read 2,929,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
I'm sorry if you don't get it, so allow me to clarify.

# 1 hang the shooter, regardless of his age.

# 2 if the shooter is a child hang the gun owner who didn't lock his guns. Hang him next week, and don't call the Supreme Court.
Ye. Just kill 'em all.

Old 05-06-2024, 01:54 PM

40,967 posts, read 49,289,310 times
I'd bet this kid has been on mood drugs for several years.

Old 05-06-2024, 02:07 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,229,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I agree parents should be held responsible for their children's actions when the parent provided a deadly weapon like in the Crumbley case. If you keep firearms in your home with kids your accepting the risk of what your kids will do with them. Keep them locked up in a safe where they can't access them.

No different then a fence around your pool which has been required in every city in the nation since the 90's.
Locked in a safe. Why even have a handgun then. You won't be able to use it. Do people buy cars then immediately put them in storage? No.

I didn't see swimming pool in the constitution either.

People that own firearms typically teach their kids what and what not to do with said firearms.

Old 05-06-2024, 02:08 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,229,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
https://heavy.com/news/damian-haglund-update/

"The release reveals that 'The weapon recovered on scene was determined to be a Ruger .177 caliber pellet rifle' but says the suspect was shot and killed by law enforcement after pointing what appeared to be a long gun at them."

There are three versions of the Ruger here:

https://www.umarexusa.com/ruger

If someone pointed that rifle at me I'd still be shooting.

Old 05-06-2024, 02:26 PM

36,672 posts, read 30,967,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
I'm sorry if you don't get it, so allow me to clarify.

# 1 hang the shooter, regardless of his age.

# 2 if the shooter is a child hang the gun owner who didn't lock his guns. Hang him next week, and don't call the Supreme Court.
I still dont agree.
#1 the kid didnt shoot anyone.
#2 the gun was stolen.

Old 05-06-2024, 03:06 PM

2,030 posts, read 1,752,727 times
Pyramid Air sells PCP air rifles with calibers up to .62. These would bring down a m. lion or a deer in the hands of an experienced hunter. I believe a 12-year old with a credit card can order one without speaking a word. The kid didn't shoot anyone because the police was quicker. Remember Uvalde, TX ?

Old 05-07-2024, 07:56 AM

59,315 posts, read 27,477,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Ok, you know "lots". You live in Florida so that makes sense.

The fact is that Florida is not a destination for most Marylanders moving out. No, before you tell me to "prove it" I'm not going to wade through the Maryland Department of Planning documents and statistics that has the information, you can do that yourself if you're that curious.
" No, before you tell me to "prove it"

When you make a claim you HAVE to back it up.

YOU made the claim, "MOST"
Originally Posted by North Beach Person
The main reason you don't see many Marylanders in Florida"

NOW, you want to change the issue, " The fact is that Florida is not a destination for most Marylanders moving out."

Emphasis on "most".

I never claimed "most".

Old 05-07-2024, 08:17 AM

45,552 posts, read 60,783,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" No, before you tell me to "prove it"

When you make a claim you HAVE to back it up.

YOU made the claim, "MOST"
Originally Posted by North Beach Person
The main reason you don't see many Marylanders in Florida"

NOW, you want to change the issue, " The fact is that Florida is not a destination for most Marylanders moving out."

Emphasis on "most".

I never claimed "most".
You need to work on your reading comprehension to see what I actually originally said about retiree Marylanders moving to Florida, which was a partial explanation to something someone else said.

It had nothing to do with that really but why that poster didn't know of many, other than Florida isn't necessarily that small a state.

Old 05-07-2024, 12:40 PM

18,063 posts, read 27,520,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I’m not sure how to react when you consider the shooting and death of a 14 year, old who was quite possibly mentally disturbed, as “icing on the cake”. This kid has parents, and they are most likely traumatized, horrified, embarrassed by this event. Your statement is unkind. I’m not suggesting his being shot wasn’t necessary and in the best interest of public safety under the circumstances….I’ve already said otherwise. But an enlightened and civilized society recognizes there is a cost to being such, and being grateful or appreciative this individual is dead so he won’t burden us financially is troubling. Taxes are the price we pay for a civilized society.

That "kid", 14 yo or 12 yo, or 7 yo, could kill a cop just as dead as an "old White man", as you racisistically utter.

Death by cop is a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
You are appear to be pretty typical of those who believe the Constitution is more of a religious document issued from Zion, and cannot be questioned because the rights it bestows are from the Heavens. Sorry Charlie--a bunch of rich, white guys made this stuff up. Some of it's good. Some of it's not. Some of those who signed off on what was drafted was not universally welcomed---but included as a part of any negotiation. And it would have been very likely been a different document had non-male, non-rich, non-white, non-land owners been allowed craft/ratify it. I'm sick and tired of people of this era taking the word of men from 250 years ago as the word of God.
Read your own Fakestream Blamestream Lamestream mainstream history book tyvm

Where do you and your woke fake news get this Rich Old White man claim anyway? Think Spain, Portugal, Great Britain, Germany, and yada yada yada. Does a point on a map equate to Old White man or something?

You sound like a democrat, a very brainwashed one at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies