Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 11:28 AM

52,504 posts, read 53,071,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Desert Guy View Post
Lol, somehow I knew exactly what idiot you were talking about.

https://www.thenation.com/authors/elie-mystal/
Yep, that's the guy. I think he's actually nuttier than Maxine Waters. I sometimes wonder if guys like him and Waters even really believe the crap that they spew. It almost has a comical over the top vibe purely for entertainment value.

I at least hope so, some of the things I see in the media are just insane. I suspect between now and November we're going to see even more insanity, especially as Trump is rising in the polls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2024, 11:28 AM

50,696 posts, read 47,553,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
That lady need to be in an insane asylum. Get the crazy off the streets.
Who keeps voting for this complete idiot?

Old 05-07-2024, 11:37 AM

36,961 posts, read 31,230,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Well, I wonder just what "hills" she is bloviating about.
We have Beverly hills, Baldwin hills, Cheviot hills, Laguna hills, Hollywood hills, Windsor hills.
Guess I will have to start driving around then their hills so I can get a better understanding of
what ones in particular she is talking about.
I will see if I can find any of these training camps headed by the Trump Gestapo.
She is talking about a demographic, white, rural, blue-collar, you know the deplorables. People like her believe trump supporters live in the hills and are like the "Beverly Hillbillies".

Old 05-07-2024, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
She is talking about a demographic, white, rural, blue-collar, you know the deplorables. People like her believe trump supporters live in the hills and are like the "Beverly Hillbillies".
It does seem like white blue collar people are pretty much fair game to those in the media and politics. Can openly call them rednecks and other slurs without any consequences.

Some of these double standards we have now are just getting old to me and many others I'm sure. When I'm not dressing nice for work, I could be mistaken for a "redneck" I've got long hair and a goatee and I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy. I understand people will judge you for how you present yourself, but people should also be wary of judging people with too broad of a brush.

Old 05-07-2024, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It does seem like white blue collar people are pretty much fair game to those in the media and politics. Can openly call them rednecks and other slurs without any consequences.

Some of these double standards we have now are just getting old to me and many others I'm sure. When I'm not dressing nice for work, I could be mistaken for a "redneck" I've got long hair and a goatee and I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of guy. I understand people will judge you for how you present yourself, but people should also be wary of judging people with too broad of a brush.
People think I am a lefter because I have long hair, ear rings and surf. When I'm in the bmw smiles, when I'm in my lifted F350 oil burner, not so much. People are weird like that. If you are looking to make friends good way to weed them out.

Old 05-07-2024, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSLarry View Post
If I punched her in the face I am not sure anyone could tell.
She's a rough looking old broad. Looks like she's taken a few shots before.

I think that that woman needs to get another wig. That one she's sportin' now has to go.

Old 05-07-2024, 07:00 PM

8,674 posts, read 11,117,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
People think I am a lefter because I have long hair, ear rings and surf. When I'm in the bmw smiles, when I'm in my lifted F350 oil burner, not so much. People are weird like that. If you are looking to make friends good way to weed them out.
You still wear ear rings?
That is so nineties.

Old 05-07-2024, 08:39 PM

12,534 posts, read 8,309,399 times
Quote:
Well, I wonder just what "hills" she is bloviating about.
We have Beverly hills, Baldwin hills, Cheviot hills, Laguna hills, Hollywood hills, Windsor hills.
Guess I will have to start driving around then their hills so I can get a better understanding of
what ones in particular she is talking about.
I will see if I can find any of these training camps headed by the Trump Gestapo.

This woman really needs to be committed to a institution where they deal with crazies.
Unfortunately there are none anymore.
During her last election, a white guy tried to take her place in Washington, but being white, trying to represent a predominantly black neighborhood, he failed in his bid to replace her.

Oddly enough, I don't think anyone in her area she represents, has given any thought to who should replace her.
She can't live forever.
Actually a predominantly Latino district, since many of her Black neighborhoods got shifted to keep other seats in a Black representative's hand. Probably when she passes a Latino democrat will step forward to claim their seat for life

Old 05-07-2024, 09:06 PM

Quote:
You still wear ear rings?
That is so nineties.
Late 70's. Don't even know they are there.

Old 05-08-2024, 04:33 AM

26,743 posts, read 15,301,549 times
The mainstream media is propaganda and won't expose her long history of divisiveness, racism, and BS.

If she had an R after her name they would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies