Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM

6,722 posts, read 3,011,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So Black students in the Bronx have no computers. What party has been ruining things there for 100 years?
It isn't that they have no computers. That is a matter of affordability.

She is saying they don't even know the word which is 10x worse, lol.

I bet she fantasizes she was Sandra Bullock in The Blind Side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM

13,061 posts, read 9,585,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
According to NY Governor and Covid Vaccine lapel pin wearer, Kathy Hoechul has some strong opinions on what Black people are capable of knowing.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/06/us-new...mputer-is/amp/

She is quoted as saying: “ Right now we have, you know, young black kids growing up in the Bronx who don’t even know what the word ‘computer’ is.”

how do you think Black people will respond by hearing this racist rhetoric? Do you think saying this type of racist stereotype makes Black people look smarter? you think it advances the social justice cause for Black people? do you think it feels good to be a black person to hear Your elected state representative speak this way? many times we are told by the mainstream media that it is white conservatives who are the racist ones so I’m very confused as to how a proud Democrat and progressive would say such a hurtful thing? Is she really just a Republican in disguise?
You're exactly right. She's stereotyping whether she realizes it or not.

For what it's worth, there's another post on this - not sure who posted first, but I addressed her words in that post. Perhaps a moderator can merge the two.

Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM

11,669 posts, read 6,104,709 times
Imagine Trump saying black people don't know what computers are. It would lead every news station along with above-the-fold press headlines in HUGE black type.

Democrats always skate.

You wish black voters would catch on someday.

Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM

13,061 posts, read 9,585,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
So Black students in the Bronx have no computers. What party has been ruining things there for 100 years?
Schools here issue computers to kids from the very beginning. Presumably the same happens in NYC.

Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM

25,915 posts, read 18,928,859 times
She needs to be included in the Great Roundup.

Great Roundup (noun) - 1. The act of gathering all hypocritical leftist politicians, placing them on a barge bound for the South Atlantic, and dumping them off on a very isolated, uninhabited island (along with provisions and loincloths so as not to be cruel).

Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM

25,901 posts, read 12,935,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
According to Democrats, blacks would be better off being taken care of on the plantation.
That is precisely what they did to the Red Man, but they called them Reservations instead of Plantations.

The Republican Party wasn't even in existence, during the Trail or Tears.

And, who put the Yellow Man (Japanese Americans) in concentration camps during WW2? Yep, another Dem.

Who fought to keep slavery during the Civil War? Dems again

Who is complaining about all the illegals being shipped in to their sanctuary states & cities? Dems

Dems/Libs are incapable of coexisting w/ people who don't look just like they do. They are intolerent, & non-inclusive.

Ignore the Dems'/Libs' words, and examine their actions....they are racist to the core, & have been forever.

Last edited by beach43ofus; Yesterday at 04:39 PM..

Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM

20,359 posts, read 19,969,317 times
According to progressives, American born blacks don't know where to get IDs.

Lucky for American born blacks, college educated white women have their back

Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM

25,901 posts, read 12,935,480 times
Amazing how well the Dems/Libs lie straight to the faces of people who don't look just like they do, & get their votes.

The Dems are amazing sales people...they could sell ice to an Eskimo...& if the Eskimo doesn't buy it, the Dems will lock them up too.

Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM

19,879 posts, read 9,431,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Obviously Hochul is a white liberal racist.

I'm here to ask why some posters are capitalizing the B in black? What is that about?
I think most people use the Associated Press as a guide.

https://apnews.com/article/entertain...09e051261fff1f
Quote:
After changing its usage rules last month to capitalize the word “Black” when used in the context of race and culture, The Associated Press on Monday said it would not do the same for “white.”

The AP said white people in general have much less shared history and culture, and don’t have the experience of being discriminated against because of skin color.

(Btw, when I post, I usually will not capitalize black or white when referring to people UNLESS I am replying to a post that capitalizes one or both. However, I try not to capitalize one without capitalizing the other. I will either capitalize both or neither. I admit that the terms "black" and "white" to describe people has always bothered me, as few people are the color of ebony, and they aren't the color of copier paper, either.)

Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM

17,837 posts, read 13,754,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Imagine Trump saying black people don't know what computers are. It would lead every news station along with above-the-fold press headlines in HUGE black type.

Democrats always skate.

You wish black voters would catch on someday.
Trump could always ask his African American what might happen if Trump said that black people don't know what computers are... and whether it would lead every news station along with above-the-fold press headlines in HUGE black type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies