Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2024, 02:19 PM

27,518 posts, read 13,741,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
factual information is now 'hatred' in germany.

https://www.thepublica.com/german-po...pe-statistics/
Germany considered actually banning the AfD, which the German left were quick to label 'far right'.

The left only seen to believe in free speech when it's their speech, and they seem to have total disregard for open honest political discussion and dialogue, as well as basic freedoms and the basic tenets that underpin democracy.

AfD: Germans float ban on elected far-right party after scandal - BBC News (20th January 2024)

Last edited by Brave New World; 05-09-2024 at 02:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2024, 02:35 PM

3,238 posts, read 1,080,154 times
In other words - telling the truth is banned/against the law.
Self-destructive behavior. But they'll vote in the same way, German people, no worries. I talk to older relatives in Germany on the phone and they are blind to all the truth. Nothing I can do about it. They would rather think:"Just lie to me" than protest, do something, say anything. To say something like:"This is not good, something is wrong here, WTH are you doing you sociopaths/politicians?"...to even think like that is so so hard for them...They would rather ignore it and continue to believe the BS.

As I said, self-destructive behavior.

That's why I left Germany 20 years ago and moved to the US. Legally. For freedom. Call me crazy but it's true.

I said it before, I'll say it again: there is no real freedom of expression in Western Europe anymore.
Only in the US, thanks to the Founding Fathers and the amendments.

Thank God for that.
You can call me extremist, I don't care.

Last edited by farm108; 05-09-2024 at 02:53 PM..

Old 05-09-2024, 02:35 PM

26,120 posts, read 22,317,407 times
Well, isn't this just a problem of a German not appreciating the culture of its newcomers?

The source is Wiki, but I found several articles specific to this issue, and one where a 10 year old raped girl faced an "honor killing".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_i...ting%20justice.

"Rape victims in Afghanistan are more stigmatized than the rapists. Women who are raped can be and often are punished, while their male counterparts rarely face jail time when accused of rape. Raped women are often punished for zina under adultery laws instead of getting justice. Women are often persuaded to marry their rapist in hopes of restoring honor to her family."

We got 'em too! Again, people do not get that these 3rd world cultures often see women and even girls as "less than", just there to serve the "needs" of men. Yeah, all of these liberals that support all of these cultures invading our country will come to regret it!

https://www.greatfallstribune.com/st...ed/6361804001/

"Federal officials say Afghan refugee accused of rape in Missoula was properly vetted"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ghader-...-evacuated-us/

"https://madison.com/news/local/crime-courts/bahrullah-noori-fort-mccoy-refugees-assault/article_5956b3e4-3c4f-11ee-b82a-83d790dafe03.html

"In 2010, Heydari was found guilty of felony rape in Idaho and sentenced to 18 years in prison. He was first deported from the U.S. to Afghanistan in 2017, where he remained until last month."

I could go on.

Old 05-09-2024, 02:44 PM

16,776 posts, read 8,764,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The woke/progressive crowd is not a fan of statistics, facts, or ugly truths. Those types of things tend to go completely opposite of any narrative they are trying to push. If rampant leftism takes a deeper hold in this country, expect to see that here as well.
As Biden infamously said, "we believe in truth over facts". I know exactly what he meant as truth in your own narcissistic mind means you know better than others, thus the facts are irrelevant.

As to seeing it over here they have been trying to get it going, such as Biden trying to start the Ministry of Truth, until it was quietly shelved because of the backlash.
They will try again, but the Founding Forefathers had the wisdom to know those in power might try to control the citizens, so there is that pesky thing called the Constitution which prevents the government from stifling free speech, keeps the citizens armed, freedom of religious worship, etc.

The western cultures that are losing ground have no such protections, thus many are disarmed, penalized or imprisoned for expressing their views, just as the communists/Marxists have done in other countries.
How well did that turn out for them?

Old 05-09-2024, 03:09 PM

3,013 posts, read 3,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In my opinion, the word refugees is badly used. Many of these invaders are economic migrants (in search for welfare money, not jobs) Many of them don't have any desire of learning the German language.

The problem here is that Germans realize that if they complain, the media will go to town to declare them Nazis. They are very sensitive to that label.
The irony is that many of these migrants will happily display support for groups like Hamas.

Old 05-09-2024, 03:10 PM
Status: "I am voting for a Felon because he cannot vote for himself" (set 22 hours ago)

844 posts, read 405,851 times
The German culture was neutered when they lost the war. You have to be ignorantly liberal to have a job of status out of fear that you are labeled a Nazi or a sympathizer. Similar to the 2020 push to label anyone white with an opinion that differed as a racist. Eventually you just have to get a backbone and say F U or they will take your life.

Old 05-09-2024, 03:49 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 7 days ago)

35,943 posts, read 18,249,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
A cupcake nation only wants cupcakes. What a surprise.
Did you just call Germany a "cupcake nation"?

I guess there's always a first time.

Have you ever been there?

Old 05-09-2024, 03:57 PM

3,238 posts, read 1,080,154 times
Remember, there is no FoxNews there, never was an opposing point of view on the news there. Never. People watching the news, reading the newspapers etc. they have no idea about reality. Only what they see on TV. And they don't speak English, I mean the older generation. My relatives are not online either, they are 70 something and 80 something and have other hobbies. Not surfing the internet.

The younger 50-60 something are working hard and have no interest/curiosity to dig online for the truth. And they don't believe me, I can't even discuss stuff like that with them.

Old 05-09-2024, 04:01 PM

43,593 posts, read 18,669,466 times
Censuring the truth......

And it's not limited to one country and it's not only China now because China we all know about.

Old 05-09-2024, 04:02 PM

3,095 posts, read 3,286,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
she said rather angrily "I don't care about Facts".

Seems only fair I guess considering that "Facts" apparently don't care about her feelings, this is her way of "getting back"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies