Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM

21,991 posts, read 9,574,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
We know it is basically non-existent. If 1% of all abortions in the US are done at 21 or more weeks it could be no more (assuming it ever happens) than .001% of all abortions. This is based on 1 million abortions (rounded) performed in 2023 (Guttmacher). by the way up ~9% since RvW was overturned.

Yep pretty far fetched. Heck it is difficult for child free women to get a doctor to agree to perform a tubal ligation.
Just because you say it doesn't happen, doesn't mean it doesn't.

I dated a guy once years ago. He told he his ex had had 6 abortions. People used to always say oh, no one would use abortion as birth control because that would be wrong.

I broke up with him...for many reasons..one of which, I couldn't respect anyone who would allow 6 of his babies to be aborted.

Old Yesterday, 10:51 AM

39,315 posts, read 27,699,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Wow, aborting a baby at 9 months sounds like murder to me. He's the first democrat that has had the guts to admit it.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6352621664112

Sage Steele presses RFK Jr. on his late-term abortion stance
Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. says he opposes limits on abortions even if the pregnancy is "full term" during an interview on "The Sage Steele Show."
Bill Maher is the only one who has the balls to say, " yes, abortion is murder and I am ok with it."

As a woman, I think abortion should be a women's health issue. Nothing more or less. But why many of these pro choice people have to pretend a fetus is not a life. Totally disgusting.

Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM

36,672 posts, read 30,977,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
You miss the big point. All of the examples I listed would have been 1%'ers ten years, but, slowly became normalized and then our medical institutions figured out how to monetize them.
Yet over the decades that abortion was legal the percentages, actual documented percentages, have not changed significantly. To my knowledge never exceeded 1%.

Transgenderism has been around a while as well. It has just been kept in the closet, nothing changed.
The gender dysphoria and puberty blockers is a very recent fad which is already phasing out.

And dont forget the most important thing. Late term abortions are preformed due to serious medical issues and in most cases the fetus and/or mother would die or have life long severe problems. With gender surgery this is not the case.

Old Yesterday, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
1% of all abortions is 15k a year. If you think people wouldn't do it just for convenience, I have a bridge to sell you.
Quote:
1% of all abortions is 15k a year. If you think people wouldn't do it just for convenience, I have a bridge to sell you.
10K since the number of abortions has increased since 2020. That is for 21 + weeks.

What is a convenience to you?

Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM

Quote:
lol. Right.

Name ONE condition in the health of the mother that requires a late term abortion. And my baby daddy left so I am having mental health issues doesn't count.
heart disease, kidney failure, pulmonary hypertension pre-eclampsia, placenta accreta.

Name one resaon why you, not the pregnant woman or her doctor, should determine the risk factor and if or at what point her life is at a high enough percentage of death to abort the fetus.

Many of you are scoffing at the <1% saying it is too high. So would <1% risk of death to the mother if whe continues the pregnancy be ok with you?

Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Stop trying to sprinkle sugar on what he said.

This is what drives me bonkers about the pro abortion side - just own up to it already. And I'll give credit where credit is due because RFK, Jr actually did: he believes that full term abortion is okay and should be left up to the woman to decide.

Point. Blank. Period.
What he said is quoted. Stop cherry picking and quote the entire statement in context.

Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Just because you say it doesn't happen, doesn't mean it doesn't.

I dated a guy once years ago. He told he his ex had had 6 abortions. People used to always say oh, no one would use abortion as birth control because that would be wrong.

I broke up with him...for many reasons..one of which, I couldn't respect anyone who would allow 6 of his babies to be aborted.
You are comparing gathered statistical data with what a guy you once dated said.

Now thats a pretty lame argument.

Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM

10,854 posts, read 4,388,002 times
RFK will get the extreme-left vote, seeing as they are obsessed with abortion.
So Biden will lose some.

Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM

30,342 posts, read 23,817,406 times
Quote:
heart disease, kidney failure, pulmonary hypertension pre-eclampsia, placenta accreta.

Name one resaon why you, not the pregnant woman or her doctor, should determine the risk factor and if or at what point her life is at a high enough percentage of death to abort the fetus.

Many of you are scoffing at the <1% saying it is too high. So would <1% risk of death to the mother if whe continues the pregnancy be ok with you?
Do you think they leave the baby in there if they have heart disease or kidney failure?

You do realize that the baby is going to come out.

So, knowing that, if the baby has to be delivered anyway, why is it necessary to kill the baby?

Name one reason why murdering babies is okay with you.

Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM

2,428 posts, read 2,997,913 times
Quote:

I would add cancer treatment that is incompatible with pregnancy. Also, I knew a woman who was pregnant with conjoined twins that were connected in such a way that they could never survive. Ending that pregnancy was much safer for her and her health, so she was able to go one and have other children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies