Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM

27,306 posts, read 13,570,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninella View Post
THIS

People are saying "well, lots of drugs, vaccines and treatments have side effects". Yes, but noone is forcing other vaccines or other medical treatments on anyone, unless you have some severe mental issues and you committed a serious crime and the court ordered you to take certain medications, but that is a different story.

I don't think any one was forcing the AstraZeneca vaccine on Americans, as the US had other vaccines such as the equally controversial Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.

In reality in most countries the Covid vaccine was voluntary and not mandatory, and the Covid vaccines were approved by national drug regulatory organisations.

CORONAVIRUS VACCINATIONS: CAN I BE FORCED TO GET THE VACCINE? - Liberty UK

Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM

18,225 posts, read 15,771,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

I don't think any one was forcing the AstraZeneca vaccine on Americans, as the US had other vaccines such as the equally controversial Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.
The A.Z. vaccine was *not available in the U.S* at any time. No one in the United States could get or be given the A.Z. vaccine.

Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
The A.Z. vaccine was *not available in the U.S* at any time. No one in the United States could get or be given the A.Z. vaccine.

Which means the AstraZeneca vaccine can not be held responsible for Covid vaccine side effects and even alleged deaths in the US, and US vaccines such as the Pfizer-BioNTech's Vaccine and Moderna Vaccine.

The mRNA Covid 19 vaccines produced by Pfizer-BioNTech's Vaccine and Moderna Vaccine have been linked to Myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) and Pericarditis (inflammation of the lining around your heart), and there have been alleged deaths just as there have been allegations of side effects and deaths related to blood clots caused by the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Q&A: What Causes Rare Instances of Myocarditis After mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines? - Yale School of Medicine

Last edited by Brave New World; Yesterday at 05:20 PM..

Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM

11,083 posts, read 6,024,649 times
Quote:
^^

I think a lot of pharma drugs can have rare side effects and can lead to death, and it's all usually presented in the vast amount of small print which you receive with most pharma drugs, so none of this is surprising.
If only small print had been made available.

I used to asked to sign a waiver for the flu shot after been warned that there was a very small chance of serious side effects, including death of around 1 in 300,000 or was it 1 in 3 million? But at my doctor - nothing.

Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM

45,273 posts, read 26,526,559 times
It can can take a decade for side effects to show up, No one knows where this tale will end.

Old Today, 10:57 AM

49 posts, read 18,119 times
Quote:

In reality in most countries the Covid vaccine was voluntary and not mandatory, and the Covid vaccines were approved by national drug regulatory organisations.

CORONAVIRUS VACCINATIONS: CAN I BE FORCED TO GET THE VACCINE? - Liberty UK
Sure noone was forced. Just like Harvey Weinstein didn't force anyone to sleep with him. Yet in civilized countries that is called rape, and people go to jail for it. But I guess when something that you agree with is forced on people, that is totally OK and not forced at all. Lol

Old Today, 11:03 AM

11,769 posts, read 6,136,845 times
No one was forced to take the shot. My butt.

Millions were coerced to do so with the threat of being fired from their jobs, or the threat of not being able to visit loved ones in the hospital and care home, or not being able to return to school, & etc.

They coerced millions of disgruntled people into unwillingly caving in and taking the shot who otherwise would not have. If you are an airline pilot and your company says, "mandatory shots -- get one or get fired", it is kind of hard to drive home and tell your wife that you are pulling the children out of college because you lost your job today "on principle".

The sad thing is, that many thousands of people did just that. Pilots, nurses, police. Many others.

Coercion is a form of force. So no one was strapped down and given a shot against his will, but many millions of people who said no to the shot, were coerced and given an ultimatum to get the shot or suffer a catastrophic punishment.

Old Today, 11:05 AM

13,663 posts, read 4,969,585 times
Quote:

Which means the AstraZeneca vaccine can not be held responsible for Covid vaccine side effects and even alleged deaths in the US, and US vaccines such as the Pfizer-BioNTech's Vaccine and Moderna Vaccine.

The mRNA Covid 19 vaccines produced by Pfizer-BioNTech's Vaccine and Moderna Vaccine have been linked to Myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) and Pericarditis (inflammation of the lining around your heart), and there have been alleged deaths just as there have been allegations of side effects and deaths related to blood clots caused by the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Q&A: What Causes Rare Instances of Myocarditis After mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines? - Yale School of Medicine
From your article:

“ And in that highest risk group (males age 12-17) the myocarditis risk after the second dose, which is the highest, is 35.9 per 100,000 people. In comparison, the risk post-infection in that same group is 64.9 per 100,000.”

Which seems to say that not getting the vaccine, and getting infected, is a greater risk than getting vaxxed.

Old Today, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
From your article:

“ And in that highest risk group (males age 12-17) the myocarditis risk after the second dose, which is the highest, is 35.9 per 100,000 people. In comparison, the risk post-infection in that same group is 64.9 per 100,000.”

Which seems to say that not getting the vaccine, and getting infected, is a greater risk than getting vaxxed.
Death from Covid was substantially higher than your chances of death from side effects from any of the vaccines.

The US never had the AstraZenaca vaccine, and any side effects and deaths were down to the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.

As for the vaccines they were voluntary in most countries, and you could not be phsically made to take the vaccine in the UK or other similar countries.

Old Today, 11:31 AM

18,225 posts, read 15,771,626 times
I don't know any adult who was physically threatened, held down against their will, while a vaccine was forced into them. Military recruits have to take a lot of inoculations, as part of the standard protocol, but I don't think even they were physically forced to do so...or at least I'm unaware if that happened.

There were exceptions granted for not taking a vaccine. I know 2 people who had exemptions with a signed statement from their doctors. Instead, they did regular covid testing to show they were not infected, before coming into the office, and their companies allowed that. They worked from home, as did many people during 2020 - through 2021.

In the U.S. there were a total of 4 different covid vaccines available: Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, and Novavax. 2 of the 4 use the mRNA platform in creation of the vaccine. The other 2 use other methods that already existed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.