Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 08:57 AM

6,814 posts, read 3,418,619 times

Advertisements

Why should Biden get to choose the networks? We all know why, and so does Biden. In a fair debate Biden gets his butt kicked, and he knows it.

Crooked demented Biden has nothing to stand on except his disastrous policies and their destructive results. He will lie like he usually does and twist everything around, but the facts speak for themselves.

Biden talks tough in a short video clip, but in a one hour debate Trump will make a fool out of him. No doubt they will try and give Biden an unfair advantage, which is the only way he knows how with win anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2024, 09:10 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,205,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Whenever Biden does well in a speech or debate, folks on this forum allege that he has been doped up on drugs. I’d like to know what drug it is that can make a senile, confused person suddenly be mentally sharp and verbally eloquent. If such a drug exists I think that all Presidents should be required to take it.
I'm fine if all Presidents (or candidates) take drug tests. Heck, everyone running for national office can be tested as far as I'm concerned.

The issue I have with Biden is how he goes from zero energy and functional incoherence during ordinary events, to appearing spry and potently lucid at major events. And in those extended instances when he does appear to 'do well,' as you say, it visibly wanes over the course of an hour or so. That just strikes me (and I think a lot of reasonable people) as odd. There's also the issue that he does comparatively few pressers; and virtually all of his public forays are scripted, prearranged, and/or he has note cards or receives instruction via teleprompter that produces weird gaffes. His pupils have been enormous at various times — a possible sign of drug use. All of the times he's said on hot mics that he's "gonna get in trouble" or "not supposed to" take questions, and even a couple of instances where he's offered to take questions only for a handler to quickly swoop-in, end the event and quickly usher him off stage seem inappropriate for the leader of the free world. All of these things together are, again, just 'odd,' at a minimum...

If he's not suffering from actual dementia or some other noteworthy condition, he's still visibly suffering from extensive age-related natural decline to an extent the American people should find problematic in a commander-in-chief. And finally, if he is in fact less well that we're all told, that's problematic too because we should be voting for a candidate who's capable of lasting a full term (barring act of god). If he's running only to pass the torch, that's deceptive. I just want much more government transparency — a quality lacking in bipartisan fashion for forever.

Last edited by OpinionInOcala; 05-15-2024 at 09:20 AM..

Old 05-15-2024, 09:13 AM

10,249 posts, read 7,890,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Why should Biden get to choose the networks? We all know why, and so does Biden. In a fair debate Biden gets his butt kicked, and he knows it.

Crooked demented Biden has nothing to stand on except his disastrous policies and their destructive results. He will lie like he usually does and twist everything around, but the facts speak for themselves.

Biden talks tough in a short video clip, but in a one hour debate Trump will make a fool out of him. No doubt they will try and give Biden an unfair advantage, which is the only way he knows how with win anything.
Yep. once again Biden will have the questions up front and it will be at a place that is pro-Biden and a moderator pro-Biden. How is this fair? I was so hoping to see this debate not be biased as usual but once again Biden gets his way. The whole point of the debate is to see Biden answer un-biased questions on the fly. Anyone can memorize answers or read off note cards. That proves nothing to anyone.

Only thing we can hope for is Trump challenge him to put away the note cards. Trump has to give Biden a question he doesn't have up front and force him to answer. Trump has to call him out and force him to answer questions on the fly.

Old 05-15-2024, 09:16 AM

10,053 posts, read 4,790,389 times
Biden could be signaling to DNC officials he has no plans to resign or pull out of the race. Or could be a ploy to get their emergency fill in candidate in those debates.

Old 05-15-2024, 09:25 AM

6,227 posts, read 2,972,488 times
Is going outside of the debate commission a "return to normalcy", which President Biden promised us?

Old 05-15-2024, 09:31 AM

10,699 posts, read 7,207,173 times
Bidens own DOJ thinks that they will have him locked up before the June debate, thats why he asking for the strange date.

Old 05-15-2024, 09:33 AM

195 posts, read 102,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't want the meanest, nastiest yard dog fighting for me. I want a smart, watchful Australian Shepherd standing sentry.
Australian Shepherds are not watchful sentry dogs. They are herding dogs. Their job is to control the sheep... to tell them what to do, where to go, when to move, and when to stop.
That is most certainly NOT what I want in a president.

Edited to add: Also, Aussies do not do it on their own, they are under the control of a handler that gives them commands. Also, not what I want in president.

Last edited by Bruce Holbrook; 05-15-2024 at 09:44 AM..

Old 05-15-2024, 09:34 AM

39,166 posts, read 51,463,345 times
It's on for June 27. Will Trump be allowed to travel to Atlanta if he is sentenced to house arrest or in Rikers?

Old 05-15-2024, 09:34 AM

10,699 posts, read 7,207,173 times
Didn't CNN or was it MSNBC? give Hillary Clinton the debate questions a week in advance. What makes us think this won't happen again?

Old 05-15-2024, 09:36 AM

38,561 posts, read 22,439,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
This will be fun. I'll have my popcorn ready. Hopefully they don't get questions up front nor will they be allowed to read off teleprompters or note cards....I'm talking to you Biden. And we'll need a non-biased moderator.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ntial-debates/

President Biden said Wednesday that he will not participate in the decades-old tradition of three fall meetings organized by the bipartisan Commission on Presidential Debates, instead calling on his Republican rival Donald Trump to join him for two televised presidential debates in June and September.

Another link:
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-says-hell-debate-trump-twice-make-my-day-2024-05-15/

WASHINGTON, May 15 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden said on Wednesday he is willing to debate Republican presidential rival Donald Trump twice before the Nov. 5 election.
"Donald Trump lost two debates to me in 2020. Since then he hasn't shown up for a debate," Biden said in a video message posted on X. "Now he's acting like he wants to debate me again. Make my day pal. I'll even do it twice."
The Democratic president took a swipe at Trump's legal troubles in the video with an oblique reference to the court schedule in Trump's hush money trial in New York.
I think Biden wants debates while these bogus court cases hang over Trump's head. If Biden waits until September or October, these cases will be exposed for what they are, and dismissed or made irrelevant.

Plus Trump has gag orders preventing him from saying certain things, Biden knows he can benefit from this by bringing up these things and watch Trump squirm and be unable to comment or defend himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies