Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2024, 05:53 PM

24,970 posts, read 9,710,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Where did you ever hear such a thing that they feel obligated to continue the black race?
Because they face the most abuse, they refuse to report the abuse, and they still date black men.
Quote:
Even though Black women experience domestic violence at significantly higher rates than White women, they tend to remain silent out of fear of the police force and a sense of duty to their race and culture.
Quote:
For Black women, domestic violence risks are incredibly high. Statistics suggest that more than 40% of Black women experience intimate partner violence during their lifetime
https://www.verywellmind.com/unique-...-abuse-4173228

I’m not surprised that another progressive has no idea about the statistics of black people. This isn’t a woke Hollywood movie, this is real life.
Quote:
Black women don't just experience domestic violence at higher rates; they are also more likely to die due to this abuse. Statistics show that Black women are more likely to die due to intimate partner violence.
https://www.verywellmind.com/unique-...-abuse-4173228
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2024, 06:05 PM

24,970 posts, read 9,710,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
A lot of black men don't want to marry a loud, obnoxious masculine black woman. This is at least one of the reasons why 70% of black children are born to a single black woman. The black men do not want to wife them up.
Thats correct, and yet black women still remain blindly loyal to black men.

At some point, black women need to accept reality that its time to date outside their race. It worked for Kamala Harris and Meghan Markle.

Even Cassie, who was assaulted in that video, moved on and married outside her race.

Old 05-18-2024, 07:32 PM

38,759 posts, read 22,544,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Agree.

I doubt 4 out of 5 women are stepping out on their husband's like that.
Go back and read my post. I gave that figure in reference to paternity cases. Those are court cases where the man already suspects the children he has been raising are not his. I was not referring to the general public.

Old 05-18-2024, 07:36 PM

38,759 posts, read 22,544,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I have never been protected by a man. When the thing beat me in front of men not one tried to help me. His cop buddies, all men, helped cover it up. They would even track me down for him when I would temporarily get away. I was still a child when it started. Men allowed him to beat and maim me so that I would be in pain for the rest of my life. I know exactly how men usually are. I have had to suffer through them for decades. Over thirty years of people falsely accusing me of liking black men and saying that I got what I deserved because society allowed him to do that to me while I was telling people and trying to get help. Never forgive; never forget.
Well I can see why you hold the views you do. But men who beat women are in the distinct minority. But do not use that turd bag to project onto the rest of us men.

Old 05-18-2024, 07:41 PM

73,205 posts, read 63,063,199 times
Quote:
Well I can see why you hold the views you do. But men who beat women are in the distinct minority. But do not use that turd bag to project onto the rest of us men.
Thank you. There are men out there who beat women. P Diddy has shown to be one of those men. Using the woman-beaters as a reason to take it out on all men is just wrong, period.

Old 05-18-2024, 07:48 PM

52,470 posts, read 53,034,356 times
Quote:
Go back and read my post. I gave that figure in reference to paternity cases. Those are court cases where the man already suspects the children he has been raising are not his. I was not referring to the general public.
OK.

Fair enough, seemed out of character for your posts. If I recall.

Old 05-19-2024, 05:36 AM

59,555 posts, read 27,728,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...2s9V2aItF8J7e6

The video is very hard to watch. What I’d like to know is why don’t the victims in such assault cases file charges? Why did this video sit for so many years before being released by CNN? In the case of famous celebrities attacking women violently, is there a possibility of a fear of retribution such as damaging videos or photos the celebrity has of the victim or threats of ending their career or even their life? What makes the video disturbing to me, more than the violence, is the casual manner in which he carries out the attack as if this is so common to him that he may have engaged in such behavior often and always protected his money and lawyers.
Who?

Old 05-19-2024, 06:01 AM

51,477 posts, read 37,154,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
She left him quick didn't she?
People like that prey on weaker people than them. JLo is not weak by any stretch. But it was a long time ago so who knows.

Old 05-19-2024, 07:18 AM

30,554 posts, read 23,972,506 times
The black community is on fire. They are pi$$ed.

This lady states that P. D-bag is going to put out an apology, according to her sources. She did a Live last night, but I fell asleep part way through. Here's the video of the Live if anyone is interested. The comments are tearing P. Dumby apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwBJLYLoJY0

This dude, who I've never heard of, has apologized for not believing Cassie:

https://bossip.com/2654385/slim-thug-cassie-apology/

50 Cent is also destroying him. They've had beef for awhile, so I'm sure 50 is enjoying P. Dirtbag getting his.

This pos is going down, no matter what happens in court. You cannot unsee what he did to Cassie - and guarantee that was not the only time.

Old 05-19-2024, 07:55 AM

8,441 posts, read 3,613,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
People like that prey on weaker people than them. JLo is not weak by any stretch. But it was a long time ago so who knows.
Nope, she is not weak or naive. Cassie was very young and naive. He might have tried to start controlling her and she dumped him before it got violent. She is also not the type to not press charges, either. Their relationship ended quick so it was likely in the break off other relationships stage and she didn't say yes to that.

I was already an outcast and isolated from anyone positive when the thing started on me. I was the perfect prey. It went straight to the violence quickly. The community thought that I was a lesbian and was happy that I was being treated like that so no one ever helped me. I didn't find out what they were meaning by "maybe he can straighten you out" until years after I got away and I was at the university and had to take a seminar about tolerance with a class. They were using terminology similar to what was used against me to demonstrate intolerance and how it was not acceptable.

I had any chance of having a decent life destroyed when I was a child. I was even initially blackballed from employment because of it. "Maybe you can get a job if you straighten yourself out." When I asked what they meant they would always say "you know what I mean." I was discriminated against after I got out of the state because I didn't have any work history and I had a child to take care of by myself. The government solution was always to take her from me and give her to her child rapist father. I sacrificed a lot trying to keep her safe from him and society demonized me for it.

Cassie is a pretty woman and doesn't have any of that baggage. She seems to have a lot of support now that the video has been released. She will be okay. He needs to be put in prison for the rest of his life.

It was not just the thing who is responsible for what happened to me. Every single person who helped it happen is responsible as well. Every time someone saw me being hurt and did nothing, the person enabled that incident and all of the incidents after that. I was begging for help from the beginning, when I was a child, and everyone allowed it to continue. It's not the fault of just one person. I have to live in severe pain every day of my life because people allowed him to do that to me and I ended up with a traumatic brain injury and damage to my back and neck.

Just like that with Cassie too. Every single person who looked the other way or took bribes enabled the abuse to continue. She ended up having her career sabotaged getting away from him, but she got away. If it was up to the people who were enabling him to abuse her then she would have been abused for years longer and maybe she would have been murdered as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies