Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 10:38 AM

30,286 posts, read 11,932,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
His replacement may be worse.
You all are missing the fact that the Ayatollah runs things there. Same person since 1989.

An overview of the Iranian government and political system

On the surface, the U.S. and Iranian governments have much in common: a president who is popularly elected, a boisterous legislature, and a powerful judiciary. The obvious difference lies in the fact that Iran is an Islamic theocracy, and that one man, the Supreme Leader, exerts ideological and political control over a system dominated by clerics who shadow every major function of the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2024, 10:57 AM

31,206 posts, read 22,229,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suesbal View Post
His replacement may be worse.
As it often is

Old 05-20-2024, 11:17 AM

9,608 posts, read 9,913,977 times
If there is another uprising by the democratic young people in Iran, will Biden support them unlike his mentor, Barrack did?

Iran successfully squashed that uprising and probably ended up killing many who were brave enough to try, hoping for help from the US that never came.

Old 05-20-2024, 11:23 AM

31,206 posts, read 22,229,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
If there is another uprising by the democratic young people in Iran, will Biden support them unlike his mentor, Barrack did?

Iran successfully squashed that uprising and probably ended up killing many who were brave enough to try, hoping for help from the US that never came.
The best thing that could happen to Iran is for them to get rid of their hard core Islamist Rulers as Egypt did with Morsi. Like a lot of Muslim countries they seem to be much easier to deal with Secular Dictators in Power, as opposed to Religous Mullahs.

Old 05-20-2024, 04:34 PM

5,670 posts, read 5,105,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Kobe Bryant situation?
Do you mean that the President of Iran was also a rapist who died in a helicopter crash?

Old 05-20-2024, 05:24 PM

5,357 posts, read 4,458,828 times
Am I the only one that thinks that this may be a "deepfake"?
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 05-20-2024, 05:48 PM

38,334 posts, read 22,331,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I won't get hopeful over this, those replaced could even be worse!
Especially with their recent war started against Israel. They may be so focused on a war with Israel, that their next president will be a full fledged war mongering psychopath.

Old 05-20-2024, 05:50 PM

13,110 posts, read 9,657,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
You mean the death of the Iranian president might be untrue and a strategic lie on their part? I suppose it's possible, but I'd never thought of it that way and wouldn't put it past them.

But whoever replaces him, whether he's dead or alive, won't be any better toward the US and the West than he was - they'll still be active terrorists.

Old 05-20-2024, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
How so? That they faked Raisi's death? For what benefit?

Old 05-20-2024, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
You mean the death of the Iranian president might be untrue and a strategic lie on their part? I suppose it's possible, but I'd never thought of it that way and wouldn't put it past them.

But whoever replaces him, whether he's dead or alive, won't be any better toward the US and the West than he was - they'll still be active terrorists.
Well, if he's pretending to be dead, he will have to essentially be dead, and never show his face in public again. Then some other hot shot will be president. What happens if the people really like this new guy, and the new guy and the other bureaucrats are liking him too? Maybe then the dead guy should just be dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies