Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 12:50 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,758,251 times

Advertisements

Sooner or later people have their fill of getting screwed and the laws of economics are answered with the laws of ballistics.

Given how heavily armed American workers are it won't be pretty if they go haywire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 01:21 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What I don't understand is -- where does our excessive government plan to get the tax money when everyone is pushed into the poverty range?
They don't need tax money. Like Bush, they will just have Bernanke run the printing presses at the mint and get what they need. The dollar might be worth a Peso but they can always print more of them up!

Old 06-07-2008, 01:37 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,239,718 times
Ah, just wait, if the North American Union ever comes to fruition, us and the Canadians will be forced to work for Mexican wages. However, consumer prices will keep rising. We'll have to live in shacks as poor Mexicans do. Won't that be fun?

Old 06-07-2008, 01:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I don't know what people are so upset about - it is the natural extension of capitalism and the free market.

Don't worry though, stocks are looking good and the execs are still getting their record bonuses. For increasing profit by moving jobs overseas.
You dont like it you can choose to not buy their products or their stock.. Or better yet, buy their stock and then be in a position to fight the moving of jobs overseas.. Instead, you'd rather sit here and cry about the free market system at work.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:26 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You dont like it you can choose to not buy their products or their stock.. Or better yet, buy their stock and then be in a position to fight the moving of jobs overseas.. Instead, you'd rather sit here and cry about the free market system at work.
Another post that makes no sense whatsoever.

Buy their stock and then be in a position to fight the moving of the jobs overseas?

Why so the stocks can drop?

Choose not to buy their products? It is Mexico, India or China today, pg. Nothing you can buy from America anymore.

I am doing fine working in a global business position, don;t worry about me.

You can't beat them, you join them.

(That's why I learned Spanish as an adult. Now I need to get my kids into those Mandarin Chinese classes.)

Last edited by bily4; 06-07-2008 at 03:41 PM..

Old 06-07-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Another post that makes no sense whatsoever.

Buy their stock and then be in a position to fight the moving of the jobs overseas?

Why so the stocks can drop?
dah.. its so much better to sit on forums and cry because CEO's are making more money then you..
Quote:
Choose not to buy their products? It is Mexico, India or China today, pg. Nothing you can buy from America anymore.
Actually you can, but it usually costs more because its normally better quality..

Old 06-07-2008, 06:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Actually you can, but it usually costs more because its normally better quality..
Go and try to find an American made toaster oven..just try.

There are some consumer products that have NO American made counterpart out there; you are stuck with the "Made in xxxx".

I buy American whenever I can and it's very hard to do so.
"Assembled in America" does not mean "Made in America".

Old 06-07-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Go and try to find an American made toaster oven..just try.
Amazon.com: Proctor Silex 22605 2-Slice Toaster: Home & Garden

Glad I can help..

Old 06-07-2008, 06:35 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:

Try again, the request was for an American made toaster oven, NOT a 2-slice toaster.

Just the latest in the seemingly never ending series of your comments on what you think you've read rather than what's actually there.

Last edited by burdell; 06-07-2008 at 06:47 PM..

Old 06-07-2008, 06:57 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Why should Mexico raise the wages of its citizens when those dissatisfied can come to America illegally and work for higher pay and fee health care.
Good point!

You know, after WWII America was number one in manufacturing. People were paid good wages and a whole middle class was created and became the foundation of this country. Why was this possible? It was possible because jobs stayed in America. This was before greed took over, before companies abandoned American workers for cheaper labor overseas. This whole global economy concept is a just mask and behind that mask is out of control greed that we see today where top workers reap all the benefits and bottom workers barely scrape by.

I will stop here because this thread is about the Mexicans.

Last edited by davidt1; 06-07-2008 at 07:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies