Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 04:06 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times

Advertisements

I just thought I would start a thread to make me a popular person. we always hear about the "evil rich." you know, the ones who already pay 70% of all income taxes. I think it's time to address the real evil. the ones who are a drain on society. I'm talking about the evil poor. not every poor person is the evil poor. the ones who manipulate the systems. the ones who buy more than they can afford, then expect the responsible ones to bail them out. if you make $200k per year, you deserve a $500k house, you've earned it. if you make $30k per year, you have not earned a $500k house, no matter what kind of wacked out loan you accepted. no one should bail these people out. these entitlement minded people are the drain on society, and they should pay the price, not the "evil rich." I think it's time we start putting some personal responsibility on peoples shoulders. the government doesn't think we can, but I am pretty sure we can handle it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 04:13 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
how is $30k poor?

Old 06-07-2008, 04:17 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Gee, if the standard of how deserving a man is is based purely on his $$$$ then Saddam Hussein was a GREAT man. Many drug dealers are making for more than your $200K example, I guess you'd find them truly deserving.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
how is $30k poor?
go to washington DC or new york and see how far you get with $30k.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Gee, if the standard of how deserving a man is is based purely on his $$$$ then Saddam Hussein was a GREAT man. Many drug dealers are making for more than your $200K example, I guess you'd find them truly deserving.
great example. does that come with fries? you are comparing murderers and drug dealers to people who are unable to spend within their means, then want a bail out at someone else's expense.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:52 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,267,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I just thought I would start a thread to make me a popular person. we always hear about the "evil rich." you know, the ones who already pay 70% of all income taxes. I think it's time to address the real evil. the ones who are a drain on society. I'm talking about the evil poor. not every poor person is the evil poor. the ones who manipulate the systems. the ones who buy more than they can afford, then expect the responsible ones to bail them out. if you make $200k per year, you deserve a $500k house, you've earned it. if you make $30k per year, you have not earned a $500k house, no matter what kind of wacked out loan you accepted. no one should bail these people out. these entitlement minded people are the drain on society, and they should pay the price, not the "evil rich." I think it's time we start putting some personal responsibility on peoples shoulders. the government doesn't think we can, but I am pretty sure we can handle it.
I completely agree! The "working poor" who live within their means aren't the ones who are milking the system. It's the poor and even some middle class people who think they are "entitled" to government assistance because they end up spending more than they can afford. You made an excellent point about the ones who bought homes with sub prime loans. They do NOT deserve a bail out for their bad decisions!

Another good one is all these parents who think breeding is some kind of a Constitutional right ... so they believe they should be "entitled" to free public schools (paid for in part by those without kids), and all kinds of tax credits & special programs just for screwing around & popping out kids they can't afford on their own. As soon as you have a child, there are all kinds of programs that are available which are a drain on the average taxpayer (basically nickling & diming the average Joe to death). It's disgusting!

More fiscal responsibility needs to be taken by everyone, whether they're rich, middle, or poor. The government can't continue to be everybody's mother. Bush has run us into enough debt, and Obama (should he be our next President) appears to want to continue the trend with more public money for universal health care, etc. I think this nation as a whole has come to expect something for nothing, and it has got to stop!

Old 06-07-2008, 04:57 PM

Quote:
great example. does that come with fries? you are comparing murderers and drug dealers to people who are unable to spend within their means, then want a bail out at someone else's expense.

YOU stated and I quote: "if you make $200k per year, you deserve a $500k house, you've earned it"

I don't see any qualifier there about HOW you earned that $$$.

NO FRIES FOR YOU!

And do you plan on posting something that will make you a popular person, as claimed, anytime soon?

Old 06-07-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I completely agree! The "working poor" who live within their means aren't the ones who are milking the system. It's the poor and even some middle class people who think they are "entitled" to government assistance because they end up spending more than they can afford. You made an excellent point about the ones who bought homes with sub prime loans. They do NOT deserve a bail out for their bad decisions!

Another good one is all these parents who think breeding is some kind of a Constitutional right ... so they believe they should be "entitled" to free public schools (paid for in part by those without kids), and all kinds of tax credits & special programs just for screwing around & popping out kids they can't afford on their own. As soon as you have a child, there are all kinds of programs that are available which are a drain on the average taxpayer (basically nickling & diming the average Joe to death). It's disgusting!

More fiscal responsibility needs to be taken by everyone, whether they're rich, middle, or poor. The government can't continue to be everybody's mother. Bush has run us into enough debt, and Obama (should he be our next President) appears to want to continue the trend with more public money for universal health care, etc. I think this nation as a whole has come to expect something for nothing, and it has got to stop!
no doubt. the sad reality is that people on both sides don't understand the issues. a guy making $30k per year who bought a house for $100k can afford his payment. perhaps he struggles to do so. but a guy who makes $30k and bought a home much larger than he needed, and couldn't afford it, is going to need help from the responsible ones. they make the same money, but one makes better decisions. support the FAIR TAX!

Old 06-07-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
YOU stated and I quote: "if you make $200k per year, you deserve a $500k house, you've earned it"

I don't see any qualifier there about HOW you earned that $$$.

NO FRIES FOR YOU!

And do you plan on posting something that will make you a popular person, as claimed, anytime soon?
how about I change it so even you can understand it. if you earn $200k per year. drug dealers and criminals don't earn their money. is that clear enough for the government educated mind?

as for posting something to make me popular, perhaps the link below will better explain things for you.

Sarcasm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-07-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
how about I change it so even you can understand it. if you earn $200k per year. drug dealers and criminals don't earn their money. is that clear enough for the government educated mind?

as for posting something to make me popular, perhaps the link below will better explain things for you.

Sarcasm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Believe me, change nothing, I understand your kind all too well.

Government educated? Implying YOU are some spiffy little privately educated? Or are you not educated?

HOW much background do YOU have in drug dealing and criminal activity to know just whether they earn their money or not? Just who is it you think apponted you arbiter of merit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies