Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 08:00 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,234,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
I vaguely, really vaguely remember the magnets on the fuel line idea. When was that, do you remember?

The idea of running on water is really nothing new. Ustabe, many years ago, a car named the Stanley Steamer. Kinda like a steam engine, but at least on a railroad, the fuel (coal, wood) could be hauled along with the engine. Kinda beats the idea with a steam car, eh?

I wonder if this Japanese car company has any ties to Nigeria?
Delta Planter

I saw those magnets last week for the first time. An acquaintance of mine sold over 2500 of them on Ebay. He has no idea if they work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 08:59 AM

37,818 posts, read 41,123,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How long till the environmentalist want to ban the car because it would be harmful to the fish..
If I remember correctly, it runs on any kind of water. Wouldn't it be interesting if you could just bucket out some of your used bath or dish water to run your vehicle? Or, if you ran out of water on some deserted road, you could just urinate in a bottle to go a few more miles. Take that, oil companies! We can produce our own water.

But seriously, I want to hear all of the ideas. Sometimes I think the US media are the guys that flunked science in high school so anytime there's a science-related story, they run for the hills. That, and the media is owned by people who don't have our best interests at heart. Control the communication. Isn't that Big Brother 101? It's not just miscommunicating or slanting news. It's also not communicating news.

Now see, I looked at that car photo and thought it was made for a Japanese body (and not a sumo wrestler's, either). I was also thinking, do I want to be in one of those things on the interstate with the tractor trailers? But that doesn't mean they shouldn't start somewhere. Who could be against cars that run on water?

On the other hand, I live in a suburban apartment complex and park outside and all this other talk about electric cars makes me nervous. I have no place to plug in a car overnight and any rennovations that would allow it would increase my rent plus, I can see the potential for theft of electricity if you aren't parking in a garage. Also, I'm not too keen on power running down on long road trips or having to sit somewhere for a few hours to recharge.

But again, I want to read about all of it. That's my gripe, not the car issues. I want to know if someone with a good idea is being pooh-poohed because the people who run the world have nothing to gain by it.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:29 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,814,198 times
new battery technology claims 95% charge in about 5 min. almost as fast to refuel a car w/gas. electricity is generated by coal in many places, and potentially from more nuke plants. all american, not contributing to trade deficit the way oil imports send wealth outside this country. Many win win situations going on here.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:42 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,675,440 times
It would be nice if we could get some of those high MPG vehicles that are currently selling in Europe over here in the meantime. Our government regulations won't allow them at the moment..just the big gas guzzlers..go figure

Diesel in Europe is going for close to $10/gallon. Foreign car manufactures (NOT Ford/GM) have cars that get over 50/mpg right now selling in Europe.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,675,440 times
I don't think water is the answer..that is yet another commodity and we should stay away from that.

Having a water crisis would seem to be much much worse than an oil crisis.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:49 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,728,095 times
Big Environment and the envirolobbiests will never allow nuclear energy.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:53 AM

3,689 posts, read 10,433,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Why is it that when I do a Google News search for this new Japanese car that runs on water, I don't see any coverage by an American newspaper?

New Fuel Cell System 'Generates Electricity with Only Water, Air' -- Tech-On!

I mean, we can talk about the car but I'm more curious that why, with all of the gas shortage stories, our American newspapers aren't jumping on every story that deals with alternative fuel innovation.

I must say I did see a clip on a TV news broadcast, yesterday, that made me look for more info on Google News but I find the only places reporting on it are India, Australia and Canada.
GM and I believe Honda are going to be releasing Hydrogen powered fuel cell cars within the next few years. it has been widely talked about. Hydrogen is gained from splitting water into its two main elements. I can hear the environmentalists now!!! "Your hurting the water creatures by burning water!!!"

Old 06-14-2008, 03:13 PM

994 posts, read 1,546,927 times
I think they will get Kevin Trudeau to promote it.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:25 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,814,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Another America hater
This is why things don't get done, haters like you gum up the works.
If the technology has merit and there is money to made..it will get done.

P.S....P.T. Barnum loved people like you.
got a new sn I see.

There are no works to gum up because America didn't invest in R & D. It wasn't "cost effective". Now japanese will get market share. The technology in the article, if you bothered to read it, said the car did actually operate on the energy generated.

And as for your PT Barnum comment- I didn't buy an SUV. Good luck with your staying the course going for broke plan.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:45 PM

1,845 posts, read 4,234,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It would be nice if we could get some of those high MPG vehicles that are currently selling in Europe over here in the meantime. Our government regulations won't allow them at the moment..just the big gas guzzlers..go figure

Diesel in Europe is going for close to $10/gallon. Foreign car manufactures (NOT Ford/GM) have cars that get over 50/mpg right now selling in Europe.
10 bucks is about right. 9.40 is what I paid today. However, you are right. I have a MBZ Vito Diesel that carries 9 passengers and get 28mpg. Europe does efficient diesel while the USA makes the monster diesel engine vans that get less than half the MPG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies