Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 08:18 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Alright, the UN inspection teams have said that Iran is not building nukes. They said the same thing about iraq and eneded up being right.

Why in the heck are we funding and participating in this UN crap if we do not even beleive anything they say?
So the world turns their head when we take out the garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 08:19 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I don't think they will attack and if they do, it is questionable whether or not such an attack would be sucessful. Most of Iran's operations are deep underground. They learned from what happened to Iraq. While Israel has very superior air power, they do not have the manpower to invade Iran. If they tried, it would be a disaster. And it would probably take a massive invasion to destroy the program. Or a nuclear attack. And that would not go over well at all. If you think the world is a crappy place and gas is high now....wait.
Why do you think the US sold Israel bunker busting bombs? Israel is definitley going to take out their nuclear operations and soon. I don't think they plan on invading, but just airstrikes.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:44 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Why do you think the US sold Israel bunker busting bombs? Israel is definitley going to take out their nuclear operations and soon. I don't think they plan on invading, but just airstrikes.
Airstrikes will not alone get it. Iran's program is over 100 feet underground and reinforced with several feet of hard steel and concrete. The best bunker buster we have goes 100 feet with NO concrete or steel. This is what we have sold Israel. Isreal will have to parachute several thousand troops in to Iran to destroy it.

GBU-28 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
CBC News In Depth: Iran

Old 06-20-2008, 08:47 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,412 times
Quote:
Airstrikes will not alone get it. Iran's program is over 100 feet underground and reinforced with several feet of hard steel and concrete. The best bunker buster we have goes 100 feet with NO concrete or steel. This is what we have sold Israel. Isreal will have to parachute several thousand troops in to Iran to destroy it.

GBU-28 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
CBC News In Depth: Iran
Yeah, but if they hit with nuclear first, how much dirt will that move off the top of it?

Old 06-20-2008, 08:47 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
No they wouldn't. They are not stupid.
Correct, they are not stupid.

Just because there is a difference in ideaology does not mean the other side is stupid.

They seem to keep the US at bay just fine or we would have attacked, Iraq had even less evidence of a weapons program and a whole lot less saber rattleing than Iran has now.

Plus attack Iran equals $7 a gallon fuel, at the minimum, probably rationing and price controls will come into effect for a short time.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:49 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,999,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Speak for yourself. I'd like the opportunity to deliver retribution by the kiloton for Iran's involvement in Iraq. Add to that, a threat the size of Russia or China to remind the world what the U.S. war machine was designed for.
Retribution against the people of Iran for their domestically unpopular government's multifaceted involvement in Iraq, which includes strong ties with the Maliki government we're trying to bolster, now that's my kind of justice. Killing people for what we think their leaders might possibly eventually do, I mean. Reminds me of this time that the mayor of my city was accused of corruption and I went on a vigilante mission to jail or execute everybody who lived in the city as an expression of my feelings of their collective responsibility... aaahh what a rush.

Last edited by fishmonger; 06-20-2008 at 09:01 PM..

Old 06-20-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
If Ahmedinijad and his pals would apologize for taking the US Embassy personnel hostage in 1979 and holding them for over a year, maybe the US chould offer to intervene and ask Israel to take it easy.

Otherwise, tha tlittle monkey can take the heat for getting Iran's nukes turned into glass.
You mean potential future nukes + lots of people, I don't know why they would turn into glass though.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:51 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Israel does not have the logistic capability for conducting a practical strike.

If anything, they are practicing for what they do know would be a last attempt suicide mission to protect the state in the event that Iran does for fact one day possess the bomb.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:55 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Israel does not have the logistic capability for conducting a practical strike.

If anything, they are practicing for what they do know would be a last attempt suicide mission to protect the state in the event that Iran does for fact one day possess the bomb.
I don't think they do either. Not unless they use a nuclear bomb and I really do not think they- or anybody else- wants that can of worms opened.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Yeah, but if they hit with nuclear first, how much dirt will that move off the top of it?
Starting a nuclear war to prevent nuclear war sounds like a good idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies