Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 02:18 PM

717 posts, read 773,846 times

Advertisements

I need to find out if I am lonely in my thoughts about this:

I do not give a rat's a$$ how other nations, namely European nations, view the U.S.A..
I could not give 2 sh--- that some Frenchman or Brit or Swede or Italian or German or Russian calls Americans arrogant or what ever they call us.

Whenever there is a nation in trouble we are ALWAYS the first ones to help. Earthquakes, floods, typhoons, tsunamis, The US gives tremendous amounts of aid around the world. We are a noble Nation yet Europeans cant stand us. That says more about their aloof mentality then anything else. I say this because I see said mentality gushing from the Obama campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 02:24 PM

163 posts, read 908,749 times
Just curious...have you ever visited Europe, or traveled anywhere outside the US?

Old 06-23-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdummy View Post
Just curious...have you ever visited Europe, or traveled anywhere outside the US?
Fair question.
Yes , was in Italy last year. Been to UK and will be going to Brussels in November. My brother is currently living in Brussels.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:27 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
I need to find out if I am lonely in my thoughts about this:

I do not give a rat's a$$ how other nations, namely European nations, view the U.S.A..
I could not give 2 sh--- that some Frenchman or Brit or Swede or Italian or German or Russian calls Americans arrogant or what ever they call us.

Whenever there is a nation in trouble we are ALWAYS the first ones to help. Earthquakes, floods, typhoons, tsunamis, The US gives tremendous amounts of aid around the world. We are a noble Nation yet Europeans cant stand us. That says more about their aloof mentality then anything else. I say this because I see said mentality gushing from the Obama campaign.

I agree. I am so sick of hearing from these Obama lovers that if he is elected "the rest of the world will love us again". Oh, cut me a friggin'
break. I wish we had presidents in charge like years ago who did not give a **** about what other countries thought and did what was right for America and her citizens. Also, this "hatred" for us is unbelieveable-we are by far the MOST generous country on earth when it comes to other countries. Yet people still hate us and always will.

This is not solely just our politicians either. Look at that toy made in China last fall that put babies in comas. The CEO of Mattel was apologizing to China for the outrage buy American citizens over their dangerous products.

Also, the recent trouble with tomatoes. They have ruled out all but Florida and Mexico. Something like 82% of the tomatoes come from Mexico. Yet the FDA or whatever gov organization is dragging their ass in sending inspectors to Mexico. The Mexican gov the other day released a statement that they are offended by the news covering the tomato problem. Too bad hundreds have been sickened and at least 1 is dead. But our US government puts it's head in the ground because they don't want to offend them.

Last edited by nicolem; 06-23-2008 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-23-2008, 02:30 PM

218 posts, read 437,904 times
Whilst I plan to vote for Obama this November, I agree with this thread. I personally do not give a hoot what Europeans think of this country or its people.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdummy View Post
Let me add- I have nothing aginst Europeans except for the fact they think they are so high and mighty. My father travels the world teaching courses and he always comes back to how the Europeans are a bunch of Know-it-alls.

I love going to Europe and will be going there more now that my brother is living there for a couple years.

Food Beer and history are some of my favorite items on this planet. Europe is a great place for that.

The context I am talking about is who the hell are they to lecture us on how to run a country?

Old 06-23-2008, 02:31 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times
They gone miss us when we gone. No more free lunches for the teeming millions of haters. Frankly, I'd just as soon see a whole lot of sufferin' goin' on after cutting a helluva lot of pork from the budget in the way of farn handouts.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:32 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
I have never, ever, gotten that impression when traveling abroad. Most people love Americans, hate our administration.

And Newsflash, we kind of need the rest of the world sometimes too...

Old 06-23-2008, 02:33 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,197 times
I wonder if anyone has data on Europeans' views of America from 16 and 8 years ago versus today...?

Old 06-23-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I have never, ever, gotten that impression when traveling abroad. Most people love Americans, hate our administration.

And Newsflash, we kind of need the rest of the world sometimes too...
I am not saying they are mean or discourteous right to our face when we visit. I am not thinking in a personal sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies