Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 12:48 AM

57 posts, read 101,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
TV, Movies, video games, etc are not as restrictive in european countries and certain asian countries. And they do not have high teenage pregnancy like America. So to say its the media is just an excuse that bad parents use.
No the Media already persuades your judgement, so by one single word that could be said by the reporter from an embellished story, you feel how they wanted you to feel. As far as any restrictions in other countries I would not know. I've come across college students that come to school here from another country and end up being young parents. I so much blame television/movies in general, look at the messages and values that television/movies display, actually we've ignored the music industry, for an unaware person these had already formed you with subliminal massages. It's pretty sick some of the stuff I see and hear.
You know what nitokenshi I would be happy if the only tv channel in this country would be The Discovery Channel especially "Survivor Man"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 12:51 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,868,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave01 View Post
I have not read this thread, but I would just like to say that teenage birthrates are lower than they have been since 1940 according to page 10 on this link. In 2000 about 48.7 girls ages 15-19 get pregnant per 1000. I also agree with the argument comparing us to Europe? Why does Europe have significantly lower teen birthrates than the US?

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr49/nvsr49_10.pdf
That was pretty interesting to read, seeing the statistics and all. I could have sworn that it was back on the rise as of 200, according to WikiPedia.

Thanks for answering, unlike some of these people who come here and leave posts to harass and insult me.

Last edited by wclac; 07-15-2008 at 01:06 AM..

Old 07-15-2008, 01:05 AM

Thanks for answering, unlike some of these animals who come here and leave posts to harass and insult me.[/quote]

Wow LAFan you should read some of the stuff I've read on other threads, really racial, and down playing people that are not in the christian religion. It's pretty sad this is the mentality of America....from what I've read.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:09 AM

For example like this one:

Also a lot of illegals have anchor babies so they can stay in the U.S. Plus they know that having more kids allows them to get more welfare and work less. They learn this from welfare queens in the ghetto. These people may know nothing about America, they might not even be able to hold a converstaion in English without blabbering glibberish like an idiot, but they sure know how to work the system.

I know personally 2 high schools who are pregantn cause I work with them. Both are born to illegal parents from El Salvador in Central America. One of them actually gave me hell for wearing a shirt that says "BORDER PATROL" (got it at a Ranger surplus store) and said it was arrogant and offensive and "ignorant". Maybe whats ignorant is coming to my nation illegally and thinking we owe you....

Old 07-15-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee-Nice View Post
Wow LAFan you should read some of the stuff I've read on other threads, really racial, and down playing people that are not in the christian religion. It's pretty sad this is the mentality of America....from what I've read.
I don't understand why people say "God Bless America" when the US is messed up as it is. You'd think by 2000, there would less racism. But it turns out, nothing has changed. I personally think America is becoming the most resented all over the world.

You should see all the racism on Yahoo!Answers, especially in the "Cultures and Groups", its very racial.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:14 AM

Racism is sick man. I mean, why would they trip over a shirt. I remember back in high school, a teen mom came at me with her nonsense, calling me dispicable names. I reacted saying "Why are you talking about that little snot nose". I didn't insult her because of that, it was because she was getting on my nerves.

There was a nickname at my old school towards pregnant teens, they were called "Mommas".
Quote:
For example like this one:

Also a lot of illegals have anchor babies so they can stay in the U.S. Plus they know that having more kids allows them to get more welfare and work less. They learn this from welfare queens in the ghetto. These people may know nothing about America, they might not even be able to hold a converstaion in English without blabbering glibberish like an idiot, but they sure know how to work the system.

I know personally 2 high schools who are pregantn cause I work with them. Both are born to illegal parents from El Salvador in Central America. One of them actually gave me hell for wearing a shirt that says "BORDER PATROL" (got it at a Ranger surplus store) and said it was arrogant and offensive and "ignorant". Maybe whats ignorant is coming to my nation illegally and thinking we owe you....

Old 07-15-2008, 01:19 AM

You know I wonder if people would actually act the same if it was in person, I absolutely agree with you, I always questioned why is it "God Bless America"?, so God's only children are Americans?, How about "God Bless Us All", we are all going to be judged on Judgement Day.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:22 AM

Quote:
You know I wonder if people would actually act the same if it was in person, I absolutely agree with you, I always questioned why is it "God Bless America"?, so God's only children are Americans?, How about "God Bless Us All", we are all going to be judged on Judgement Day.
We'll see how America turns out by or after December of 2012. It might get worse or better. What are you opinions on that?

How could America be blessed if the country is pleagued with gang violence, teen pregnancy, crime, and terrorism? It seems like a lot of young people nowadays are athiests.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
We'll see how America turns out by or after December of 2012. It might get worse or better. What are you opinions on that?

How could America be blessed if the country is pleagued with gang violence, teen pregnancy, crime, and terrorism? It seems like a lot of young people nowadays are athiests.
I think that it will be the end of the current mentality, and way of current living.....Finally PEACE!

Old 07-15-2008, 01:37 AM

Quote:
I think that it will be the end of the current mentality, and way of current living.....Finally PEACE!
What a relaxing worldview. So are you childfree too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies