Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 11:58 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times

Advertisements

"I remember the time that Catherine - one of my daughter's friends when
she was little, told me that she wanted to be President one day. Both of her
parents are liberal democrats and were standing there with us and I asked
Catherine - 'If you were President what would be the first thing you would
do?'

Catherine replied - 'I would give houses to all the homeless people.' 'Wow
- what a worthy goal you have there Catherine.'

I told her, 'You don't have to wait to until your President to do that,
you can come over to my house and clean up all the dog poop in the back yard
and I will pay you $5 dollars. Then we can go over to the grocery store
where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $5 dollars to use
for a new house.'

Catherine (who was about 4) thought that over for a second, while her mom
looked at me, and Catherine replied, 'why doesn't the homeless guy come over
and clean up the dog poop and you can pay him the $5 dollars.'

Catherine, welcome to the Republican Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 12:02 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Perfect....!

Old 06-26-2008, 12:07 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
I Love This!

Old 06-26-2008, 12:50 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
I saw something similar to this about a liberal democrat in college talking to her conservative dad. his daughter worked hard and had a 4.0 while her room mate did nothing but hang out and party so she had a 2.0. the father suggested his daughter merge her grades with her room mates so they could each have a 3.0. that was her introduction to the republican party.

I sure don't think the same can be said about the republican party today.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:51 AM

502 posts, read 1,066,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
"I remember the time that Catherine - one of my daughter's friends when
she was little, told me that she wanted to be President one day. Both of her
parents are liberal democrats and were standing there with us and I asked
Catherine - 'If you were President what would be the first thing you would
do?'

Catherine replied - 'I would give houses to all the homeless people.' 'Wow
- what a worthy goal you have there Catherine.'

I told her, 'You don't have to wait to until your President to do that,
you can come over to my house and clean up all the dog poop in the back yard
and I will pay you $5 dollars. Then we can go over to the grocery store
where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $5 dollars to use
for a new house.'

Catherine (who was about 4) thought that over for a second, while her mom
looked at me, and Catherine replied, 'why doesn't the homeless guy come over
and clean up the dog poop and you can pay him the $5 dollars.'

Catherine, welcome to the Republican Party.

Was the homeless guy offered this job? Sounds like another Republican no-bid contract to me.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:02 AM

34 posts, read 47,259 times
Actually, if "mike" wanted to bring "Catherine" into the Republican party, he should've at least been honest about that party's stances:

1. We want a small government, unless it's the military, homeland security, the police force, FBI, CIA, and any other agency that will protect us from brown people from either the ME or south of the Rio Grande...then we NEED a big government.

2. We don't want foreign entanglements, unless they're to protect the interests of our mercantilistic corporations at which point we'll waive the flag, singe patriotic songs while we send soldiers to their death.

3. We want to protect civil liberties, as long as it's the liberties of only the "right" people.

4. We don't want to raise taxes. We'd rather pay for foolish wars, unecessary military equipment, thug police agents and bureaucrats via inflation. This way, everyone still pays but at least it doesn't feel like they're paying.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:08 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
typical Republicans! $5 to clean up dog poop?

Old 06-27-2008, 07:23 AM

502 posts, read 1,066,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
typical Republicans! $5 to clean up dog poop?
Later in the story we see little Catherine getting edged out by the narrator's son, who gets paid $500 for the same job while the poop is mysteriously never removed. Meanwhile the dog, sick with worms, decides to dig under the fence and escape. The narrator is mystified by the dog's disloyalty, and is shocked when Catherine calls him a doody-head at a barbecue, and his son is pulled over for drunk-driving and is caught with 4 dead hookers. The narrator "knows a guy" and the kid gets off, but the arresting officer is fired for misconduct and ends up sitting outside the grocery store wishing he could find a job, even cleaning up dog poop in someone's backyard.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:25 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado native View Post
Later in the story we see little Catherine getting edged out by the narrator's son, who gets paid $500 for the same job while the poop is mysteriously never removed. Meanwhile the dog, sick with worms, decides to dig under the fence and escape. The narrator is mystified by the dog's disloyalty, and is shocked when Catherine calls him a doody-head at a barbecue, and his son is pulled over for drunk-driving and is caught with 4 dead hookers. The narrator "knows a guy" and the kid gets off, but the arresting officer is fired for misconduct and ends up sitting outside the grocery store wishing he could find a job, even cleaning up dog poop in someone's backyard.
wow that's an interesting spin on the story

Old 06-27-2008, 07:30 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado native View Post
That's good. You should get off the pol board, move over to the story board. You could have a loyal following there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies