Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 10:26 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
No. We can't go in because they already have the nukes.
Some nukes are more equal than others.

Pakistan developed it's nukes from uranium. It does not possess the facilities to process plutonium. Because of something called "science," which most of you apparently know nothing about, and most notably because of something called "physics," the size of uranium-based weapons is extremely limited, and so is their delivery systems.

The Pakis have a limited number of artillery filed atomic projectiles in the 0.1 kt range (yes that's 100 tons not kilotons) and some short range (about 75 miles to 150 miles) missile warheads in the 0.1 kt to 1 kt range, and perhaps some gravity bombs in the 5 kt to 10 kt range.

If the US attacked Pakistan, it would destroy its nuclear infrastructure first, which wouldn't be difficult or time-consuming to do, so their weapons pose no threat to the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 10:28 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
No. We can't go in because they already have the nukes.
They're terraists....we must attack before they do!
They hate liberty and freedom, disagree and you're with them!
aaahhhhhh!

Old 07-13-2008, 12:38 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
No need to attack.
WE should simply end all aid to Pakistan. We then tell Pakistan that the aid we have cut off from them will given to India instead. We should be doing the same to Israel every time they put us in a difficult position.
Money talks even to countries like Pakistan.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:50 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Some nukes are more equal than others.

Pakistan developed it's nukes from uranium. It does not possess the facilities to process plutonium. Because of something called "science," which most of you apparently know nothing about, and most notably because of something called "physics," the size of uranium-based weapons is extremely limited, and so is their delivery systems.

The Pakis have a limited number of artillery filed atomic projectiles in the 0.1 kt range (yes that's 100 tons not kilotons) and some short range (about 75 miles to 150 miles) missile warheads in the 0.1 kt to 1 kt range, and perhaps some gravity bombs in the 5 kt to 10 kt range.

If the US attacked Pakistan, it would destroy its nuclear infrastructure first, which wouldn't be difficult or time-consuming to do, so their weapons pose no threat to the US.
I wish somebody would have explained that to the President and his advisors before they started talking about Iraq and their non existent WMD threat to the United States..or today and the fact Iran can't reach us with nuclear weapons either.

We tend to get all worked up about whether nukes can hit Israel, not whether they can hit the United States.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:22 PM

229 posts, read 348,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No need to attack.
WE should simply end all aid to Pakistan. We then tell Pakistan that the aid we have cut off from them will given to India instead. We should be doing the same to Israel every time they put us in a difficult position.
Money talks even to countries like Pakistan.
Excellent idea, but how about ending aid to every country? Why do we help other countries when we are starving and homeless here? Get America right first. Then help others. I am sick and tired of being taxed to such a level that I live from paycheck to paycheck, because other countries "need" aid.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:26 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Well, can you blame them.
Look what the US does to every country it enters.
I don't know if I want them in my country of birth and I was born in the US.
----------

lol its funny because the Iraqi pres wants to draw up a deadline for us to leave but the administration wants to talk about it.

For the most part we are saying NO we will leave when we want .

In truth I doubt we will ever leave but it is funny how the latest is " We have to come up with a departure date thats good for BOTH countries NOT just Iraq " lol

Old 08-10-2008, 05:27 PM

564 posts, read 892,562 times
Forget Pakistan! Bin Laden is in a Saudi Royal Palace sucking on Iced Tea with Gold Bricks and sacks of U.S. dollars all around him.

Old 08-10-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I wish somebody would have explained that to the President and his advisors before they started talking about Iraq and their non existent WMD threat to the United States..or today and the fact Iran can't reach us with nuclear weapons either.

We tend to get all worked up about whether nukes can hit Israel, not whether they can hit the United States.

Do you ever watch FOX news like Shawn Hannity ? They seem to consider Israel and USA one country.

Hannity has called for war with Iran because Iran is a threat to Israel . Ofcourse he isnt going .

Old 08-10-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
Forget Pakistan! Bin Laden is in a Saudi Royal Palace sucking on Iced Tea with Gold Bricks and sacks of U.S. dollars all around him.
lol

Old 08-10-2008, 08:21 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
NEW YORK (AP) — Pakistan's top diplomat said Saturday there are no U.S. or other foreign military personnel on the hunt for Osama bin Laden in his nation, and none will be allowed in to search for the al-Qaeda leader.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said his nation's new government has ruled out such military operations, covert or otherwise, to catch militants.

Pakistan: U.S. can't hunt bin Laden on its turf - USATODAY.com
Well, I ask you, how do you think we would feel if someone were trying to do this to our country? By the way, in case anyone didn't notice, Bin Laden is kind of soooo out of fashion, he really doesn't matter anymore. You could kill him & you'd STILL have a few on his back waiting to line up. So really, I kind of think of Bin Laden as an old foe who's come back & I'm kinda interested in seeing what he's been doing lately
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies