Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 01:02 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Indeed. A Mexican patriot. The pictures of Old Glory being burned by illegal aliens, the pictures of hordes of illegal aliens waving Mexican flags while marching in US cities demanding amnesty, and the pictures of the sheer hatred of the United States written on the faces of those attending LaRaza/MEcha style rallies speak far louder than anything you could possibly say.
With you 100% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-19-2007, 01:11 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,656,906 times
You know, when I go to a certain large city in north GA where the population is increasingly Spanish I do get frustrated when I order a Whopper w/cheese and the cashier does not understand what I say because I speak English. On the other hand, I have 4 hispanic (Ecuador, Mexico, Salvador) families on my street and I could not ask for better neighbors. Their yards are CLEAN, we are constantly invited to share their meals, and we are welcomed as part of their families. A pp mentioned that we are catered to when we move around in their countries. I am catered to when I go to one of their tiendas in my OWN town. They are willing to do the work WE refuse to do. Especially that which involves MANUAL LABOR. Who the heck else is gonna dig ditches and plant trees in your landscaped yard for $5 an hour? Not me! And the part where "they" burn our flag? I have seen the same among American born citizens. I could go on...

Old 01-19-2007, 01:19 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,476,142 times
Quote:
Indeed. A Mexican patriot. The pictures of Old Glory being burned by illegal aliens, the pictures of hordes of illegal aliens waving Mexican flags while marching in US cities demanding amnesty, and the pictures of the sheer hatred of the United States written on the faces of those attending LaRaza/MEcha style rallies speak far louder than anything you could possibly say.
YES This is the post to be. They where right the libs triped over themselves trying to get to this first post. The original poster is correct. that nice long post, as well written as it was is WRONG. Ya if we go out of the country AS TOURIST they acomidate us. BUT THESES ARE NOT TOURIST that are being refered to. They are ILLEGAL ALIENS. Regardless of country That they come from, If they are not here legally than we should not accomadate them AT ALL!!! I will Gladly help A tourist from another country. Just as another country accomadates US. But to acomadate an ILLEGAL ALIEN is Ludacrist. The only acomadation they need is A 1 way trip back where they came from ON their countries money NOT OURS. Comming to visit is 1 thing comming to stay without the proper channels is wrong. There are too many ppl waiting to come here Leagaly for us to let these Others shun the system and get away with it. If I was President the border would be Militarised with orders to shoot smugglers and Drug runners on site, and only 1 warning shot to anyone trying to come here ILLEGALY. If they don't turn around that's there desicion. But they will get a warning.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:35 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,855 times
nhyrnut, actually you should look at the tourist analogy again, but from a different perspective. Why do tourist go someplace? Because there is something there that interests them. People dont visit places if they hear bad things or there is nothing to interest them. So focus on WHY they are coming here as that will solve the problem more effectively than HOW they are coming here.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:42 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,079,529 times
Default I'm An American!

Quote:
Indeed. A Mexican patriot.
There you go jumping to conclusions. I'm not Mexican -- I'M AN AMERICAN! View my Public Profile!

Last edited by Winston Smith; 01-19-2007 at 02:24 PM..

Old 01-19-2007, 01:43 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,669,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
..why must they continue to put these fools on TV.
Why, indeed. Ever think about who "they" are, and whose interest is being served?

There's a latin phrase, "Cui bono?" It means, roughly, who stands to gain?

Food for thought.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
YES This is the post to be. They where right the libs triped over themselves trying to get to this first post. The original poster is correct. that nice long post, as well written as it was is WRONG. Ya if we go out of the country AS TOURIST they acomidate us. BUT THESES ARE NOT TOURIST that are being refered to. They are ILLEGAL ALIENS. Regardless of country That they come from, If they are not here legally than we should not accomadate them AT ALL!!! I will Gladly help A tourist from another country. Just as another country accomadates US. But to acomadate an ILLEGAL ALIEN is Ludacrist. The only acomadation they need is A 1 way trip back where they came from ON their countries money NOT OURS. Comming to visit is 1 thing comming to stay without the proper channels is wrong. There are too many ppl waiting to come here Leagaly for us to let these Others shun the system and get away with it. If I was President the border would be Militarised with orders to shoot smugglers and Drug runners on site, and only 1 warning shot to anyone trying to come here ILLEGALY. If they don't turn around that's there desicion. But they will get a warning.
Sigh…

I can tell you from personal experience of Americans who LIVE in Europe and Latin America and absolutely REFUSE to learn the language of the land. Americans do it, too. Some come into the country and FIRST THING upon clearing customs & immigration look for McDonalds, 7-11, the Hilton and Budget Rent-A-Car. So what? Finding the familiar is what people do no matter WHERE they go or come from.

Last edited by Winston Smith; 01-19-2007 at 02:19 PM..

Old 01-19-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
nhyrnut, actually you should look at the tourist analogy again, but from a different perspective. Why do tourist go someplace? Because there is something there that interests them. People dont visit places if they hear bad things or there is nothing to interest them. So focus on WHY they are coming here as that will solve the problem more effectively than HOW they are coming here.
I know why. They are comming here because we don't have a decent border defence. Deterant is the key. I know a riffle would deter me. Point and fact is the DON'T belong here. Let the ones that come here LEGALY in but Screw the rest. I know the liberal will say BUT BUT BUT, There are no BUTS, if they can't follow the proper chanels they don't belong.

Old 01-19-2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
Sigh…

I can tell you from personal experience of Americans who LIVE in Europe and Latin America and absolutely REFUSE to learn the language of the land. Americans do it, too. Some come into the country and FIRST THING upon clearing customs & immigration is look for McDonalds, 7-11, the Hilton and Budget Rent-A-Car. So what? Finding the familiar is what people do no matter WHERE they come from.
And they should be treated no diffrent than the Illegal should be treated here. If your in a country illegaly than you should be deported. Regardless of citizenship. And if they are there legally and refuse to learn the Local language than Deport them anyway. There is no double standard here. What is wrong for Aliens in this country, Is wrong for Americans abroad as well.

Old 01-19-2007, 02:02 PM

Default But, but, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
I know why. They are comming here because we don't have a decent border defence. Deterant is the key. I know a riffle would deter me. Point and fact is the DON'T belong here. Let the ones that come here LEGALY in but Screw the rest. I know the liberal will say BUT BUT BUT, There are no BUTS, if they can't follow the proper chanels they don't belong.
But, but, but to the best of our abilities to stop "them" we can't keep up! You can say "no more BUTS" and "follow proper channels" all day long and people still stream across the border all around you. Now what? What do you think the Border Patrol and National Guard do all day? Play poker in the officer's lounge? Talk is cheap, my friend. It's time to think about real, WORKABLE solutions.

Last edited by Winston Smith; 01-19-2007 at 02:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies