Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 09:02 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times

Advertisements

I am a white man with a white wife and 3 white kids. We hits ome hard times a while back and applied for foodstamps. we were denighed, and told by the case worker if our last name was Martinez and not Mc******, we would of been approved. Well I asked for a supervisor and even hired a lawyer, we got our foodstamps, but I worked real hard to get us off of them..

I was looking for work not too long ago, and I was denighed because I am white, or because I do not speak spanish. they call it reverse discrimination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 01:42 PM

34 posts, read 470,796 times
Default Racism & Discrimination goes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsgangtasandhustlas View Post
I dont know but all I can say is since visiting this forum along with other popular boards it seems that people are even more racist and ignorant than ever. I know that most minorities are unfortunate but what in the hell are they teaching kids in these "white" schools? Its like they're straight from 1960! I know a lot of white people and most of them are closet ***** and damn pround of it. I think its sad. What do you think Jesus would say?
To me society needs to accept the fact that Jim Crow's third generation is alive and well. The latest racist example is the beatdown of Affirnative Action.
Affirnative Action was a item that made everyone equal until whites begin to
claim that Affirmative Action gave Blacks a better opportunity, and Blacks was being treated better then Whites...which was a bunch of racist BS. What is a minority race which almost all races are mixed?

Racism is something that we all will encounter everyday we're living, but the solution is how we deal or accept the encounter, and the most narrow minded racism today is religion bashing. Yesterday I was in the shopping mall with my youngest Son, and from no where this little White Boy asked his Mother...Why do we (Whites) call them N***ers? The first thing ran across my mind was the white boy's family taught him to be a Racist.

Now this is in 2007 not the 1950s, and until we all let go of our inner racism bs we will always hate.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:53 PM

79 posts, read 211,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Many of those were violent crimes...

Of the 8,380 hate crime offenses in 2005:

* 30.3 percent were intimidation.
* 30.2 percent were destruction/damage/vandalism.
* 18.7 percent were simple assault.
* 12.7 percent were aggravated assault.
* The remaining 8.2 percent of hate crimes were comprised of additional crimes against persons, property, and society.

And if I were to look up violent crime stats alone, like rapes and murders, that would have nothing to do with the topic... we're talking about racism and hate crime, not general crimes that can have a number of motivations. Just because a black man rapes a white woman, does that mean it was racially motivated? There's a good chance it wasn't, and the guy was just a sick bastard who didn't care what color she was. So unless it's specifically named as such, we can't assume they were hate crimes - and the FBI won't classify it as one unless there's proof. Oh, and I didn't ask you if violent crimes were as bad as "slurs"... I said there's no way that racism (violent or otherwise) against whites is as prevalent as racism against non-whites. Get it??

AlReady!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Amen to that.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:06 PM

79 posts, read 211,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I am a white man with a white wife and 3 white kids. We hits ome hard times a while back and applied for foodstamps. we were denighed, and told by the case worker if our last name was Martinez and not Mc******, we would of been approved. Well I asked for a supervisor and even hired a lawyer, we got our foodstamps, but I worked real hard to get us off of them..

I was looking for work not too long ago, and I was denighed because I am white, or because I do not speak spanish. they call it reverse discrimination.
IMO that just does not sound right. Receiving food stamps has nothing to do with what your last name is or your ethnicity. If you meet the criteria for eligibility that determines whether or not you will able to receive food stamps. I think if you had to get a lawyer to get foodstamps because of discrimination you should have sued for the some money. I don't know anyone who can afford a lawyer who receives food stamps.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:00 PM

504 posts, read 1,764,555 times
Something is not right here, I would like to see some proof , to be denied because of a name, color, or sex is not true. By the way you posted here I am thinking it may be your level of education or the lack of it, you may need help filling out applications.
Some how I think I am responding to someone who is a loony tune.
Did they stamp your application with the word denied because He or she is white.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:58 PM

338 posts, read 1,445,823 times
Once I went to a house party with a freind of mine, I was about 18-she was about 30- but we met through friends and became good friends ourselves...she was black and use to be a migrant -- she put herself through school and is now a Nurse...anyways...her two little boys were so cute and I felt so bad when he littlest one came home from kindergarten and asked us what a "ni**er" was....I felt horrible..being a white person...then I went with her and the boys to meet her family...they were having a "get together"- she has 5 brothers and 1 sister...an old mother...here I was...a lily white 18 year old in the middle of all these blacks...I was the ONLY white person around...her mother wouldn't even look at me...out of 30 people there maybe (not counting her and her boys) 5 talked to me...the rest ignord me or gave me nasty looks or whispered about me...I NEVER forgot how that felt...for me to be the minority...quite a life lesson!

Old 01-22-2007, 02:22 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
Something is not right here, I would like to see some proof , to be denied because of a name, color, or sex is not true. By the way you posted here I am thinking it may be your level of education or the lack of it, you may need help filling out applications.
Some how I think I am responding to someone who is a loony tune.
Did they stamp your application with the word denied because He or she is white.
I'm wondering about this too... I used to live in Oregon, a majorly "white state", and I can't tell you how many people I saw using food stamps. Nothing against the people, but it often annoyed me, since they'd hold up the grocery line - either trying to buy un-approved items (like alcohol or junk food), or because the cashier had trouble ringing them up. Anyway, nobody can tell me that whites don't receive food stamps too! If you'd like, I can pull up some statistics on that too... LOL.

Edit: Okay, I couldn't resist... here are stats on who receives food stamps, broken down by state - skip to pdf (not actual) page 92.
http://www.fns.usda.gov/oane/MENU/Published/FSP/FILES/Participation/2005Characteristics.pdf (broken link)
I'm too lazy to calculate now, but it appears as though whites are the largest percentage overall.

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-22-2007 at 02:42 AM..

Old 01-22-2007, 02:43 AM

652 posts, read 2,804,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICAGOLAND92 View Post
We all know that America isn't as racist/segregated as it was about 50 years ago, but racism still lives on in some areas.

Out of curiosity, what are some of your experiences with racism?

The way I see it. . when you're born, you can't really chose if you want to be white, black, etc, but you CAN choose how you act.
I've been told to get my "White ass" out of "Aztlan".

Old 01-22-2007, 03:00 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Anyone watch wife swap (or is it Meet your new Mom?) last night with that crazy woman who was on last year yelling about Satanic influences and ungodly people? This time she switched with a black woman and the black woman came to her home.
The black man she was the "swapped wife" to made no bones that everything bad that occurs for blacks is the fault of whites and the history of slavery by whites of blacks. He made it clear that he does everything he can to erase whites from his life and that it's the attitude of whites, including those who go through life unaware and unaffected by racism against blacks, that makes all whites at fault as if they were aware, they could fight against racism. However, though he requires that from whites, he doesn't apply that to himself. He purposely puts most of his energy into hating whites and trying to keep them away and find an explanation for why he's not successful by blaming whites.
I found that "victim" mantle rather telling. Blaming whites for one's lack of success, not getting a job, not being highly skilled, whatever... it comes back down to personal responsibility for one's course in life.
The "victimization" excuse is worn thin and few buy it. Now this white woman is no treasure either. For one thing, she needs a new tooth to fix the gap, and she's a lazy fanatic whose claim to importance is shouting down anyone who disagrees with her and getting herself worked up into a blithering frenzy. Both are idiots. I felt badly for the black couple's daughter having to live in such a pathetic household and be surrounded by this self-defeating victimization attitude.
I feel badly for the family of the white fanatic woman who dominates everyone with her rages and fake Christianity and has a wimpy husband who doesn't put her in her place.
I think the two, the black guy and that white woman should divorce their respective spouses and marry each other. They deserved each other. Both are pathetic.
Yes, I did watch that! Saw so many clips & jokes about the original "God Lady" episode, I just had to check it out. You're right, they were both first-class nutcases... the father was bordering on dangerous, and was raising his daughter to fear & dislike all white people. She was adorable, though, and hopefully learned something from the swap (even if she doesn't realize it yet). I actually thought the white lady was almost "subdued", but obviously has blinders on when it comes to racism. Love how she kept changing the subject when the father drove her around town - "Oh, look at the pretty Pelicans!" She also said a few insensitive things, and was a bit clueless about black culture, but that's ignorance rather than hate.

Anyway, they were both crazy, and I agree they should marry each other - LOL. The black mother was also a bit looney, but seemed to be more open to other perspectives... and I couldn't disagree with everything she said, especially regarding Katrina. I think the white dad was actually most "normal", and I sort of felt sorry for him! It will be interesting to see part 2, huh? And to keep it on topic, I think that each side had some valid points, but just took things to the extreme...

Old 01-22-2007, 03:15 AM

652 posts, read 2,804,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother WilliamX View Post
To me society needs to accept the fact that Jim Crow's third generation is alive and well. The latest racist example is the beatdown of Affirnative Action.
Affirnative Action was a item that made everyone equal until whites begin to
claim that Affirmative Action gave Blacks a better opportunity, and Blacks was being treated better then Whites...which was a bunch of racist BS. What is a minority race which almost all races are mixed?
No, affirmative action puts Blacks in a superior position, quite simply. Blacks have access to all the same opportunities as do Whites, and even more so. Google any major corporation for their diversity information, and you'll see that almost all corporations have a Black this or that, but no job protection enclaves for Whites. Furthermore, it's far more difficult for corporations to fire Blacks, as they'll have to prove that their actions were justified in many ways or face a "fair employment" lawsuit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies