Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:37 AM

2 posts, read 4,052 times

Advertisements

Simple question. Even though there's whites, blacks, hispanics, native americans, arab americans, and asians. Why is there always a black thread on city-data which is usually nothing but stereotypes instead of the truth as opposed to other races. Just would like to hear your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 09:42 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,304 times
That's right, statistical data from credible sources is just stereotyping.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:45 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mademan View Post
Simple question. ..... Why is there always a black thread on city-data which is usually nothing but stereotypes instead of the truth as opposed to other races.....
Because there's always a ton of racists on here looking to ply their trade.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:54 AM

3 posts, read 9,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
statistical data can be used all type of ways for people to prove a point. Im white but i've notice its not data just stereotypes. Why isn't there a asian thread, or native american thread, or white threads. Majority of the people who recieve welafare are single poor white mothers. So if i said most whites mothers are poor. And most white fathers dont take care of their kid. There are millions of more poor white single moms than any other race. That is statistical data remember. I bet you wouldn't like that though would you. There are over 1 million black owned businesses in america. How come nobody uses that data. Or how the black middle class has rose over 40% in the last few decades. You sound like a racist mama bee. When people say gangs, or how everybody black is poor on have been on welfare. That is not data just ignorant and wrong. Most blacks have never been arrested or been poor or recieve welfare before. The biggest gang is a white gang called the aryan nation. Hispanics by far now have the most gang members. But why don't people like mama bee associated gangs with whites. Statistical data remeber the largest gang in america is a all white male gang.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:55 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,658,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
When you don't name your source, don't post the positives that were included on the same page as negatives, and blame/pointfingers rather than try to open an honest discussion as to why and how we can fix any problem... yes, it's stereotyping.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:08 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,387,447 times
Whatever topic it is say "black" a thread gives a chance for people to post thoughts and interact and learn.For blacks it gives them a chance to debunk a stereotype if there is one.

I'd like to have Iraqis,Arabians,Iranians and Chinese living over there and such post.Im curious to see just what thoughts are in their mind.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:14 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,953,662 times
Some people are really interested in addressing issues, others are interested in labeling people, you are either "the victim" or "the racist". I think that there is frustration on both sides with the fact that there is such a stark difference between the success of whites and blacks, this is not seen in many other cultures and so there is a real concern. When people start getting into name calling and unfair stereotypes, then people get defensive.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:53 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Because there's always a ton of racists on here looking to ply their trade.
How many racists are in a "ton?"

Old 07-24-2008, 10:53 AM

8 posts, read 15,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibear12 View Post
statistical data can be used all type of ways for people to prove a point. Im white but i've notice its not data just stereotypes. Why isn't there a asian thread, or native american thread, or white threads. Majority of the people who recieve welafare are single poor white mothers. So if i said most whites mothers are poor. And most white fathers dont take care of their kid. There are millions of more poor white single moms than any other race. That is statistical data remember. I bet you wouldn't like that though would you. There are over 1 million black owned businesses in america. How come nobody uses that data. Or how the black middle class has rose over 40% in the last few decades. You sound like a racist mama bee. When people say gangs, or how everybody black is poor on have been on welfare. That is not data just ignorant and wrong. Most blacks have never been arrested or been poor or recieve welfare before. The biggest gang is a white gang called the aryan nation. Hispanics by far now have the most gang members. But why don't people like mama bee associated gangs with whites. Statistical data remeber the largest gang in america is a all white male gang.

Thank you....Finally a normal human being is speaking up.....thank you for all that info, hopefully this will wake up the rest of the racists on here. I appreciate that info that you put on here, the racism is the reason why i joined this forum. You are everything. If the world was molded around you, it would be a better place

Old 07-24-2008, 11:09 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,658,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta planter View Post
how many racists are in a "ton?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies