Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 12:47 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,700 times

Advertisements

Pro Iraq young republicans "serving proudly" .

Just like their hero Rush Limbaugh .

YouTube - Draft Right Wing Republican College Chickenhawks PATHETIC !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 01:03 PM

500 posts, read 910,448 times
Almost as scary as Jesus Camp. Go to an anti-war protest on a campus and you'll find every walk of life, this is a bunch of white dudes, what a sausage fest.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:12 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
I live in a major metropolitan area in Texas and the newspaper here ran a list of soldiers killed in the area along with the High School they went to.

A few Anglo names from the most affluent 5A schools. Scores of Hispanic dead from the less well off areas.

And these right wingers go out with their American flags and protest immigrant rights parades here, by chanting "Go, Home!" "Go, Home!" to the same group of people who's sons and daughters are dying in Bush's war.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Dickman View Post
Almost as scary as Jesus Camp. Go to an anti-war protest on a campus and you'll find every walk of life, this is a bunch of white dudes, what a sausage fest.

oh I agree and PLENTY of White's in military in Infantry- Artillery ,other combat job's just countless .

It's the TYPICAL Neo new Rep I wanted to show .

White's from working class , poor are in military in drones but not the Chicken Hawk GOP Rush Limbaugh fairy princesses .

Type who support's war but has "lower back problem's" etc and "would go if could" .

Old 08-21-2008, 01:20 PM

They had 13 Iraq War veterans run for Congress back in 2006, 12 ran as Democrats.

We found out just last week, those serving overseas in the Military contribute to Obama by a 6:1 margin.

Americans are sick of elitist Republicans running the country and getting people killed for no good reason.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I live in a major metropolitan area in Texas and the newspaper here ran a list of soldiers killed in the area along with the High School they went to.

A few Anglo names from the most affluent 5A schools. Scores of Hispanic dead from the less well off areas.

And these right wingers go out with their American flags and protest immigrant rights parades here, by chanting "Go, Home!" "Go, Home!" To the same group that is dying in their leader Bush's war.
---------

Oh White is the dominant group in Infantry . Race/ethnicity has nothing to do with it however surprised from affluent school's.

The one's I got to know where son's of poor and working class (I was artillery not infantry but knew infantry in area) .

The dominant Hispanic group in Marine Infantry which was area Infantry was Mexican American but again poor, working class white was the greatest number.

My surprise again is anyone with money going as not common .

Rush Limbaugh chicken hawk type young GOP they don't go which is fine but they support all war's and with anyone and everyone.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:25 PM

I'd break it down further. It's less affluent whites especially from rural areas that have taken most of the casualties.

Very few afluent have died in this war. They just don't join in large numbers.

I served in an Helicopter Aviation unit and this played out. Blacks, Hispanics, and rural whites provided 80% of the manpower.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
They had 13 Iraq War veterans run for Congress back in 2006, 12 ran as Democrats.

We found out just last week, those serving overseas in the Military contribute to Obama by a 6:1 margin.

Americans are sick of elitist Republicans running the country and getting people killed for no good reason.
------------

BEFORE that came out I was debating as were other''s who served with the Limbaugh clones explaining to them how the troops over-seas hate the GOP and its mostly poor and working class .

Most combat troops serving now don't support the creatures that run the new Nep GOP party as they are the real threat to America.

Neocon's never saw a war they didn't love even one based on lie's. After all they nor their kid's are going.

It's the son's of Dems who fight it.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I'd break it down further. It's less affluent whites especially from rural areas that have taken most of the casualties.

Very few afluent have died in this war. They just don't join in large numbers.

Well said , again no crime not to join .

My problem is how willing they are to go to war to stay in war to send troops over and over after one combat tour after another while they "drink" at the hypocrite Neocon chicken hawk ivory fountain.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:34 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
I'm white working-class and I served in the infantry in Vietnam. I didn't run to Canada or pull the real chicken act like the lefty professors who formed your infantile views.

And I support our troops in Iraq and anywhere else they serve, regardless of their race, class, ethnicity or political views.

This thread is ignorant and hateful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies