Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Feel Iran Can Be Trusted With Nuclear Weapons
Iran Can Not Be Trusted 35 51.47%
Iran Can Be Trusted 1 1.47%
It's not Iran that can not be trusted. It's the United States That Can Not Be Trusted 29 42.65%
Not Sure 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 03:26 PM

564 posts, read 892,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
I think it's the 1.3 million Palestinians in Israel that people are worried about.
That's for sure, and Israel's intent on running them out/annihilating the poor Palestinian people is well documented. I don't care if it is "hidden", and the U.S. media purposely withholds the truth from mainstream America. I encourage all to do a little googling and find out exactly what "America" is getting for their Billions sent to Israel. All of us through our "leaders and representatives" are responsible directly for the atrocities placed on these people through our money "given" to Israel. I don't exactly like blood on my hands, especially when I had no part in it. A choice is made for all us? Maybe the American People need to vote on where our money goes? We all can vote once a week, and decide where it's going to go. I know we could do a hell of a better job than the ones doing it.

All in All Iran is No Threat To The United States Of America. I don't care what they say, news, papers, media, dictator in office. If we go in it will be a LIE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 04:29 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
That's for sure, and Israel's intent on running them out/annihilating the poor Palestinian people is well documented. I don't care if it is "hidden", and the U.S. media purposely withholds the truth from mainstream America. I encourage all to do a little googling and find out exactly what "America" is getting for their Billions sent to Israel. All of us through our "leaders and representatives" are responsible directly for the atrocities placed on these people through our money "given" to Israel. I don't exactly like blood on my hands, especially when I had no part in it. A choice is made for all us? Maybe the American People need to vote on where our money goes? We all can vote once a week, and decide where it's going to go. I know we could do a hell of a better job than the ones doing it.

All in All Iran is No Threat To The United States Of America. I don't care what they say, news, papers, media, dictator in office. If we go in it will be a LIE
-----------

I agree the media is OWNED by corporations who are also owned.
They report "news" like why Brittany Spears doesnt like peas ,etc.

Even when they report news its distorted news they select certain facts and leave them out thus its no longer real news.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:51 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
interesting how many people trust iran more than the US. or rather feel iran is more trustworthy.

anyhow iran attacking us is a stretch.
if anything iran will go after israel.
but the US already pledged to protect israel.
why?

anyhow. i would hate to get into it with iran.
or north korea.

or anywhere.

what would we be securing?
our economy is pretty dumpy now. more war would only dig us deeper.
i really think that our reign at the top is coming to an end.

a sign...
the peso is gainin on the dollar!!!!

----------------

I agree it is interesting how some trust Iran more so than USA but it wasnt like that before this particular administration .
They have lost the trust of many.

"fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me"

Bush fooled us once we dont trust him .

Old 08-10-2008, 04:47 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,311,239 times
A and C

Old 08-10-2008, 04:55 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marodi View Post
A and C
A and C here too.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:08 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
USSR had megaton warheads known to be able to hit anywhere in America.Did we go into Russia with our military to end it?

We are expanding NATO even though it is a alliance moot in purpose.Russia becomes involved in a war on a bordering country that America and NATO pledges support even though Russia is not the enemy it once was.Yet we continue to take former parts of the USSR into a alliance against Russia.

Iran supposedly may have a weapon at some point unlikely to be able to reach America unless shipped here.A missles accuracy of theirs is doubtful at best.And what real reason would Iran have for even sending one here.Given that their military level is nothing compared to Russia.Given that they know they would be wiped out?Oh because they see it as God's will?I don't think so.

I'm sorry but Georgia or Iran is not a national security threat in my opinion as long as we don't meddle in their affairs.

This is not a Chamberlain "peace at all costs" sort of appeasement,nor a pacifist or a enclosed society attitude,to me it is just common sense.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:04 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Iran signed the Non Proliferation Treaty and Israel didnt.
Then the obvious course of action is to cut off foreign aid to Israel and have the UN Security Council levy an embargo against Israel until it gets in line with the rest of the planet and signs the NPT.

But since the US has veto power, that's pretty much a pipe dream.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:08 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
A sizeable portion of Iranians wopuld like their government to be as obsessed with the Iranian economy
The Iranian government is. That's why it's using common sense and pursuing nuclear energy.

Iran is maxed out in hydro-electric power and has no coal. It's only choice is to use oil and/or natural gas or switch to nuclear.

Since it also needs water, it requires energy intensive desalinization plants. Those are best served by nuclear energy.

For those who disagree, keep your festering gobs shut when Iran becomes a net importer of oil before 2015 and the price of oil jumps.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:03 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,693,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
No, they have not. That was a fabricated story.

That's what I've read, that so-called "suitcase nukes" were a urban legend

Old 08-11-2008, 04:24 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The Iranian government is. That's why it's using common sense and pursuing nuclear energy. Iran is maxed out in hydro-electric power and has no coal. It's only choice is to use oil and/or natural gas or switch to nuclear. Since it also needs water, it requires energy intensive desalinization plants. Those are best served by nuclear energy. For those who disagree, keep your festering gobs shut when Iran becomes a net importer of oil before 2015 and the price of oil jumps.
Well put. Unfortunately, the current US administration has only its lame axis-of-evil mindset to turn to, and lacks any skills at playing diplomat, bringing pretty much only its skills at playing cowboy to the table. This has cost us dearly around the world, not just vis-a-vis Iran...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies