Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 08:10 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,763,978 times

Advertisements

I agree with you there - it's not a political issue. It's that many in your city are activists for things that don't sit well with much of the rest of the country.

Did I mention...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 09:09 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,633,212 times
S.F. mayor proposes fines for unsorted trash

activists??? what ever do you mean?

Old 08-04-2008, 09:14 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,196,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
That's a whole other discussion altogether... but my point was that it's obnoxious to assume "affirmative action" just because somebody isn't a White Aryan male. What if they were actually qualified for the job?? It's not like only White people have degrees, experience, good references, etc. Anyway, off-topic!!
The fact is though that the one group that has probably benefited most from AA is white women.

P. S.
Did you know that "Aryans" originated in Iran?

Last edited by gizmo980; 08-08-2008 at 07:36 PM..

Old 08-04-2008, 09:27 PM

110 posts, read 376,928 times
The fat, lazy white man with his can of Miller and his hit of meth is no match for the smart, hard working immigrant who drinks only when the job is done.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer Eldritch View Post
The fat, lazy white man with his can of Miller and his hit of meth is no match for the smart, hard working immigrant who drinks only when the job is done.
OK. compare that to this. How do you get drugs in San Fran? This will help explain how they get there.

YouTube - 07.19.07 - Mexican Drug War Spills Over Into US

Old 08-05-2008, 01:22 AM

2,142 posts, read 4,449,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
S.F. mayor proposes fines for unsorted trash

activists??? what ever do you mean?
What do you all wanna bet that Mayor Newsom and the city's Department of the Environment are going to carry out Barack Obama's remarks on the campaign trail concerning vehicle tire inflation as a way to eliminate the need for domestic oil drilling, and direct San Francisco's meter maids to start carrying tire pressure gauges and to have them check the tire pressures of all cars parked at the city's parking meters? Failure to keep your tires correctly inflated could result in the following penalties being assessed:

1 underinflated tire: $25.00
2 underinflated tires: $50.00
3 underinflated tires: $75.00
All 4 tires underinflated: $100.00

Add to this an additional $50.00 for each tire five or more pounds below the maximum tire inflation indicated on the tire sidewall. Any tire inflation infraction automatically goes on your California DMV driving record for three (3) years. A third offense shall result in the suspension of your driver's license for one (1) year.

Honestly, there is hardly anything coming from Mayor Newsom's cranium that surprises me anymore. He and the whole city and county government are operating in some kind of parallel universe! I can truly see something like the above being proposed and enacted in the near future in the name of protecting the environment. I'd also venture to bet that Mayor Newsom will probably require all San Francisco motorists to show government-approved certification that they have changed the air in their tires at least every 6 months or 7,500 miles, whichever comes first.

Last edited by northbayeric; 08-05-2008 at 01:31 AM..

Old 08-05-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
OK. compare that to this. How do you get drugs in San Fran? This will help explain how they get there.

YouTube - 07.19.07 - Mexican Drug War Spills Over Into US
The dope will come to the US regardless of who brings it because the demand is so high. The problem we have right now in San Francisco, and much of America for that matter, is that we don't have enough undocumented immigrants to cover all the jobs. Sure, some of them bring crime with them but so does every other group out there. The majority of undocumented immigrants, particularly from Mexico, are harder working, less likely to commit crimes, more intelligent and more honest than your average American worker. As a contractor, I only hire undocumented immigrants because when I hire white guys they typically show up late, with beer on their breath, work at a slow pace and then want to go home early. What we really need to do is open our borders for a full two weeks and allow a few hundred thousand Mexican workers to cross into the US. Doing so would help increase the number of desperately needed workers, at least in California.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:58 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,196,529 times
Quote:
The dope will come to the US regardless of who brings it because the demand is so high. The problem we have right now in San Francisco, and much of America for that matter, is that we don't have enough undocumented immigrants to cover all the jobs. Sure, some of them bring crime with them but so does every other group out there. The majority of undocumented immigrants, particularly from Mexico, are harder working, less likely to commit crimes, more intelligent and more honest than your average American worker. As a contractor, I only hire undocumented immigrants because when I hire white guys they typically show up late, with beer on their breath, work at a slow pace and then want to go home early. What we really need to do is open our borders for a full two weeks and allow a few hundred thousand Mexican workers to cross into the US. Doing so would help increase the number of desperately needed workers, at least in California.
That is the most insane idea I ever heard. The social services of California are stretched to begin with. Your idea would make us into "Calcuttafornia"!

Old 08-05-2008, 12:58 PM

You guys always take the doom and gloom worst cast scenario. Allowing a couple hundred thousand undocumented immigrants to stream across our borders will hardly stretch our social services. We desperately need those workers here in California and in other states. Not only will they provide much needed labor, they will also bring with them a set of values that is poorly lacking in American society. Immigrants tend to be more honest, harder working, and more law abiding than their American counterparts. San Francisco should continue to shield immigrants who are picked up by local law enforcement. If handed over to immigration authorities, these immigrants will be treated poorly, charged for crimes they didn't commit and deported back to their country. And that is the problem. We don't need them deported we need them right here in America.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
You guys always take the doom and gloom worst cast scenario. Allowing a couple hundred thousand undocumented immigrants to stream across our borders will hardly stretch our social services.
How about between 12 to 20 million and counting?

Quote:
Immigrants tend to be more honest, harder working, and more law abiding than their American counterparts. San Francisco should continue to shield immigrants who are picked up by local law enforcement.
The studies that go out of their way to bend those kinds of statistics are always underwritten by Pro-Illegal Immigration or Raza advocacy groups. I seriously doubt their accuracy or honesty. Many of those sympathy groups are based in San Fran.

Quote:
If handed over to immigration authorities, these immigrants will be treated poorly, charged for crimes they didn't commit and deported back to their country.
Or they will get three meals a day and free medical care. I'm sure many of the women coming over the border are expecting. San Francisco is too beautiful to prostitute itself in the manner stated above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies