Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 03:51 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,482,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Maybe we'll get lucky and Cheney's heart regulator will burp. That man is pure unadulterated evil and I hope the Lord cuts his time on earth sooner rather than later. Let Halliburton throw him a "Thank You" farewell party for their "ex" CEO who threw tens of billions of unbid contracts at them using public tax money. He's evil. He's the only one of a nasty corrupted bunch whom I truly believe to be genuinely evil, though the others run a close second. The sooner these people are out of power the better for America.
God forgive me for saying this, but I wouldn't mind Cheney having a run-in with a magnet sometime soon. That man has no soul and is pure evil.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:52 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
With Venezuela and Iran threating to cut us off or raise prices to the point we can't afford it oil is possibly the issue.
You just proved Ralph Nader's point. Our economy is dependant on foreign oil. Do you not see how dangerous and foolish that is? International trade is all well and good, but we have built a society that depends on a resource that is primarily available in countries that hate us. We MUST end our dependence not only on foreign oil, but on oil in general. If we really care for the future of our grandchildren, we've got to end our reliance upon oil.

Quote:
We have lost a lot of lives there and the least they owe us is oil.
"Owe us?" How do you figure the Iraqis "owe us" anything???

Quote:
Unless, you want to go back to horse and buggy!!
We'd be a lot better off in the long run. Giddyup.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:53 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,482,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
...you ARE the MAN! Great information, great debate...no anger, no heat, just the facts, the true essence of what we need to see in a DISCUSSION thread, and I'm talking for MYSELF here, not as a moderator.

This whole administration is so flawed, so inept, so arrogant, so corrupt, so kleptocratic, so vulgar, that it defies anything I've ever seen. It reminds me of that line from the old Godfather novel...."one man with a briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns." No kidding, these guys have stolen a good half trillion dollars so far... (via unneeded tax cuts for the wealthy, tax loopholes for jumbo SUVs, giving Exxon $1B for research after they made $26B profit last year, the unneeded doubling of farm subsidies, a 50-cent a gallon subsidy to oil companies for cranking ethanol into their formulations...) and on & on the thievery goes... That thievery has been added to the national debt and will have to be paid off by everyone's kids & grandkids, hamstringing our ability to operate the government in the future.

And he did it all under the cover of the great patriotic war against terrorism... which he has been bungled so badly in Iraq that it will be in all the textbooks as a prime example of "HOW NOT" to do the job.
I am grateful for reading common-sense posts like this. It makes me realize that I'm not nuts after all for seeing what is so painfully obvious.

That other 30% truly is a fascinating case study of something, though...

Old 01-26-2007, 03:59 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,122,816 times
I believe we have precedent for impeachment,

"On Saturday, July 27, the House Judiciary Committee approved its first article of impeachment charging President Nixon with obstruction of justice. Six of the Committee's 17 Republicans joined all 21 Democrats in voting for the article. The following Monday the Committee approved its second article charging Nixon with abuse of power. The next day, the third and final article, contempt of Congress, was approved."

This is part of a quote from

http://www.historyplace.com/unitedst...ents/nixon.htm

It seems clear to me that we have seen nothing but "abuse of power" by the entire Administration and thus far, they have succeeded by using intimidation to control the media, political system and the public.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:17 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
It's hard to believe so many of us think Cheney is evil...

I thought I was the only one. Sheesh.

I believe, as more of this Libby trial goes on, we might find Cheney actually doctored and created Intelligence of his own to support the war. Now *that* would be an impeachable offense!

Old 01-26-2007, 04:17 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,987,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
...you ARE the MAN! Great information, great debate...no anger, no heat, just the facts, the true essence of what we need to see in a DISCUSSION thread, and I'm talking for MYSELF here, not as a moderator.

This whole administration is so flawed, so inept, so arrogant, so corrupt, so kleptocratic, so vulgar, that it defies anything I've ever seen. It reminds me of that line from the old Godfather novel...."one man with a briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns." No kidding, these guys have stolen a good half trillion dollars so far... (via unneeded tax cuts for the wealthy, tax loopholes for jumbo SUVs, giving Exxon $1B for research after they made $26B profit last year, the unneeded doubling of farm subsidies, a 50-cent a gallon subsidy to oil companies for cranking ethanol into their formulations...) and on & on the thievery goes... That thievery has been added to the national debt and will have to be paid off by everyone's kids & grandkids, hamstringing our ability to operate the government in the future.

And he did it all under the cover of the great patriotic war against terrorism... which he has been bungled so badly in Iraq that it will be in all the textbooks as a prime example of "HOW NOT" to do the job.
Thanks Mike I've caused a stir though in the Utah thread.. (sigh)
No one's perfect
Luckily though that moderator seems to be strongly opinionated, but rational.

Last edited by MoMark; 01-26-2007 at 04:30 PM..

Old 01-26-2007, 04:53 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,987,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
God forgive me for saying this, but I wouldn't mind Cheney having a run-in with a magnet sometime soon. That man has no soul and is pure evil.
If he walked past my refrigerator and stood in front of it for two seconds, I think I could pull it off...
I got some powerful magnets in the Philippines...
I'm lucky thus far not to have attracted metallic space junk

Me: "Hello, 911? Yes, there's a balding evil man lying on my kitchen floor who just collapsed...no idea why..."

911: "Is he breathing?"

Me: " No, I waited to call you until I was sure he was dead."

Old 01-26-2007, 05:08 PM

504 posts, read 1,764,555 times
Before you post here may I suggest that you go back and read the whole thread, many people have taken their time to research what they said, so before you just blurt out please read the whole thread. If you have read the whole thread sorry.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:22 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,269 times
[quote=Mark S.;309214]
" Owe us?" How do you figure the Iraqis "owe us"anything???

Owe us maybe bad choice of word. But,would it be so wrong then, to set something up with them if this is about oil.If most of you believe this is about oil then if we walk away and ask for nothing and everyone in the Middle East starts turning their backs on us then, this war would have been for NOTHING and we are back to horse and buggy. Unless, you have a better idea of were to get oil?
The environmentalist in the United States are fighting every idea that is made toward drilling on our own soil. Plus, that will take time. In the mean time we will continue to be threatened. I kind of like my Chevy!!

Old 01-26-2007, 05:51 PM

745 posts, read 1,297,611 times
Quote:
Owe us maybe bad choice of word. But,would it be so wrong then, to set something up with them if this is about oil.If most of you believe this is about oil then if we walk away and ask for nothing and everyone in the Middle East starts turning their backs on us then, this war would have been for NOTHING and we are back to horse and buggy. Unless, you have a better idea of were to get oil?
The environmentalist in the United States are fighting every idea that is made toward drilling on our own soil. Plus, that will take time. In the mean time we will continue to be threatened. I kind of like my Chevy!!

Wow! I honestly don't have a response. Wow!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies