Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 02:10 PM

745 posts, read 1,297,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
...the worse president ever and the worse vice president ever. Sadly we have to hang in there for two more years....
Is he really the worst president/vp ever? That is a bold statement. What does the panel have to say on the matter?

Old 01-26-2007, 02:10 PM

753 posts, read 759,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
Bush is the decision maker, he was voted in by the largest majority ever by anybody.
Where on Earth did you get this one? I gotta know.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:11 PM

22,923 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jest721 View Post
Is he really the worst president/vp ever? That is a bold statement. What does the panel have to say on the matter?
I'm no Presidential historian, but the only other President I can think of who even comes close to the disaster of Bush might be Hoover --- and Hoover never lied the country into a quagmire military in the Middle East.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:12 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,127,849 times
Although I fundamentally agree with you; it would be appropriate to impeach Mr. Cheney. What Cheney has done, and continues to do, is as impeachable as the 37th President's mob.

We are in the process of the Libby trial--it is becoming increasingly clear that the Vice President was very instrumental in linking the identity of a CIA operative--a very serious offense. Just one example of many!!!

Of course that would leave us with a Bush-Pelosi marriage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I do think Bush has committed impeachable offences. I don't like the guy's policies, I didn't vote for him, and I think he's been a disaster for this country.

But I don't think impeaching him is a good idea.

If it succeeds, you've got President Cheney. Now THAT is really scary.

Impeach both of them and you've got...what? President Pelosi. No thanks. That would be seen (not necessarily unjustly so) as the Democrats going around the democratic process to seize power.

Let's vote in a good President in '08.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:13 PM

26,223 posts, read 49,072,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
Do you think we can get through the next two years without a major catastrophy resulting from this man's actions? -TT
A qualified "yes" since he no longer has a rubberstamp of a Congress with which to work his "magic." However, we cannot be sure that forces outside of our nation don't surprise us with a major catastrophy... But for W, he is pretty much stuck with his mess in Iraq... he will "decide" just how much more stupidity and arrogance and mistakes will occur... and I think he and Rummy and Wolfowitz made virtually every possible mistake that could be. For the balance of his term, the bulk of his damage will be to veto bills sent up by a Democratically-controlled Congress.

And yes, I think he's lost what's left of his "mental accuity" ... the point at which I was sure he lost it was when he nominated his old pal and crony Harriet Meiers for a position as a Supreme Court justice. Ms Meiers is a fine human being and a competent lawyer, but she's a basic lawyer specializing in helping a Prez stay out of jail, which means a brilliant Constitutional scholar she is not. I don't want to hijack this thread, just wanted to point out when I thought W really showed that he is getting bizarre, like Nixon did toward the end (sitting in his office, drunk, and nude).

Hello...earth calling W... come in W... hey W... get out of Iraq... read the election results... WE THE PEOPLE sent you a mandate... get out of Iraq... we the people ARE the Decider...

s/Mike

Old 01-26-2007, 02:14 PM

22,923 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Although I fundamentally agree with you; it would be appropriate to impeach Mr. Cheney. What Cheney has done, and continues to do, is as impeachable as the 37th President's mob.

We are in the process of the Libby trial--it is becoming increasingly clear that the Vice President was very instrumental in linking the identity of a CIA operative--a very serious offense. Just one example of many!!!

Of course that would leave us with a Bush-Pelosi marriage!

I agree with you on all counts. Both Bush and Cheney have committed offences worthy of impeachment.

But impeaching either or both of them would be disastrous for the country. Let's vote them out of office in '08 then spend the next 8 years investigating them.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:15 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
Any body wonder what Cheney was doing in Saudi Arabia recently?
Maybe, trying to conveince someone in the Middle East they need to get in and help stop IRAN!!

Old 01-26-2007, 02:19 PM

745 posts, read 1,297,901 times
Maybe I've missed something, but I haven't heard any answers from Bush, or his minions on two key questions: What about al-Quaeda and bin Laden? Shouldn't the President be held responsible for the misinformation that led to our invasion of Iraq?
I am certain there were other reasons, but this was what was fed to the American public. I never bought plausible diniability with Reagan and Iran-Contra, I don't buy it now. IMO this is an impeachable offense, Bush is accountable.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:22 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,614,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThenThereWazLite View Post
Obviously...you've been brainwashed by the anti-war radical left and have no knowledge of terrorism or the threat it poses to this country. Educate yourself without listening to the "Rosie's" and liberal news media and you might find out that Bush is the first president who actually has DONE SOMETHING to fight terrorism and bring democracy to the Middle East. It's too easy to hate the person fighting the fight than it is to face the truth of the situation.

And obviously you don't know what would happen if President Bush was impeached. Dick Cheney would automatically become President for the next two years. You can't impeach an entire administration....<shakes head>
No, I completely realize what will happen if he is impeached.

There comes a point when you just have to throw it all on the longshot.
lmao, what's Cheney's tag line? "Assume the worst"

I'd think that way too if I worked for W. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't elect Cheney president, much less the CEO of a lemonade stand outside the white house. Bush just has to leave, lol. He's completely insane.

We impeached a man over a gettin a little on the side in the oval office. Surely we can get THIS guy out in half the time. At the very least we could force the white house to scramble on internal affairs and leave the middle east ALONE for a while, hopefully two years.

-TT

Giuliani 2008!

Old 01-26-2007, 02:22 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThenThereWazLite View Post
Obviously...you've been brainwashed by the anti-war radical left and have no knowledge of terrorism or the threat it poses to this country. Educate yourself without listening to the "Rosie's" and liberal news media and you might find out that Bush is the first president who actually has DONE SOMETHING to fight terrorism and bring democracy to the Middle East. It's too easy to hate the person fighting the fight than it is to face the truth of the situation.

And obviously you don't know what would happen if President Bush was impeached. Dick Cheney would automatically become President for the next two years. You can't impeach an entire administration....<shakes head>
Thank you Thank you!! Were have you been about time someone sees that Bush seems to want to do this right. He has had some hard knocks. We are there and can't leave until the job is done or else we might as well hand the key to this place to IRAN. Impeach a President at time of WAR. What kind of message are you sending to the enemy?
Give Iraq the time to pull forward
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies