Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 05:28 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,311,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy8876 View Post
Just more evidence as to how China will leap ahead of Western countries in the future.

There are problems with black people everywhere they exist. While western countries are too PC to talk about it, many Asian countries aren't. They recognize diversity, and how it is both positive and negative. They also acknowledge that due to diversity there can never be true equality, so instead of trying to holdback some people so that others can appear to succeed, they just acknowledge the problems and move on.

I fully support countries that use trends to acknowledge and solve problems.
Congratulations you get my nomination for "Bigot of the Day".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 05:31 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,311,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
pretty funny coming from a country full of billions of people who can't drive...
Somebody must be driving. Sometime in the next two to three years GM will sell more cars in China than the do in the United States.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:23 PM

711 posts, read 1,145,051 times
Serve no Blacks Alcohol says Chinese Govt.

Thats just the level of ignorance and hatred in the world today.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:29 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,131,629 times
China is not known for being good to their OWN people, what makes you think they will be good to visitors who they see as making trouble?

Regardless of it being true or not, that is just another rule of theirs. They make their own women have abortions for crying out loud. It is what they do, they dictate and overrule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Due to the Olympics,The Government of China has stated that Blacks and Mongolians will not be served alcohol in any bar or club, stating it as "safety reasons".
It dosen't matter what country the black comes from they are not to be served.
I told this to a friend from Africa and he thought I had to be lieing, he thought no country or people would ever be this blatantly racist in this period in history.
I also told him that much of their perception of us was introduced by American media.
Can someone please rationalize this for me, I'm trying not to be bitter, but it seems that as a black man there's just no chance of being seen as a true human being no matter where we live or visit.

LiveLeak.com - China Forbids Bars To Serve Black People Alcohol

CHINA Beijing 2008: bars forbidden to serve "blacks" and Mongolians, outdoor tables banned - Asia News

Beijing police round up and beat African expats | World news | The Guardian

Old 02-17-2011, 02:32 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,140,701 times
No mo wice wine for you, wound eye!

Old 02-17-2011, 02:47 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,553,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
No mo wice wine for you, wound eye!
(shakes head and walks away)

Old 02-17-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
(shakes head and walks away)
I just couldn't resist.

But more to the point, the Chinese ARE racist. I think it will take them a few decades to get over it. They've been into their own thing for 5000 years or so, so my expectations of them aren't that high.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:55 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,722,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I just couldn't resist.

But more to the point, the Chinese ARE racist. I think it will take them a few decades to get over it. They've been into their own thing for 5000 years or so, so my expectations of them aren't that high.
A few decades? I am still waiting for America to get over its racism....after several centuries. Black folks the world over need to unify because there are just too many people against us for us to be so divided.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
A few decades? I am still waiting for America to get over its racism....after several centuries. Black folks the world over need to unify because there are just too many people against us for us to be so divided.
Good point.

But I wouldn't try anything in China right now...better wait a while.

They don't play by our rules. Even the rules we don't follow all that well.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:08 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,630,117 times
That's true. Most gestures against China are of the empty variety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies