Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 12:23 PM

375 posts, read 781,889 times

Advertisements

But I bet 99% of you all do.

My question is when is the herd finally going to wake up and realize that the problems we now face in the US are the direct result of corporate greed and government backed welfare initiatives that support the most wealthy in this country? Even the immigration problem can be set squarely at the feet of greedy corps that rather place the stability of our social services at risk than pay legal American citizens actual working wages.

So what is the answer people? What do we do?CQ Politics | Most Corporations Don’t Pay Income Taxes: GAO (http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?parm1=3&docID=news-000002937306 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 12:27 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
ESP ESP under this administration have they laughed their way to safe deposit boxes.

Yet GOP will have us think we are lucky as the rich are carrying us and how unfair it is boo hoo lets all cry .

I will say this ultra rich Pelosi hasnt done a thing about going after them .

Old 08-12-2008, 12:31 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Thumbs down 2/3 of US corporations don't pay fed taxes

Most companies in the US avoid federal income taxes

Two thirds of US corporations paid no federal income taxes between 1998 ~ 2005 according to GAO and 68% of foreign companies doing business in the country avoided corporate taxes.

The Associated Press: Most companies in US avoid federal income taxes (broken link)

Think it's time to get lobbyists out of Washington?

Old 08-12-2008, 12:32 PM

Repubs and Dems are two cheeks of the same @ss, the gubment will not return balance to this wreck of an economy we now inhabit, so again I ask, what do all of YOU propose we do about it? Continue to just sit and gripe about it on the computer? What type of action would you like to take? What type of action are you willing to take?

Old 08-12-2008, 12:35 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
But I bet 99% of you all do.

My question is when is the herd finally going to wake up and realize that the problems we now face in the US are the direct result of corporate greed and government backed welfare initiatives that support the most wealthy in this country? Even the immigration problem can be set squarely at the feet of greedy corps that rather place the stability of our social services at risk than pay legal American citizens actual working wages.

So what is the answer people? What do we do?CQ Politics | Most Corporations Don’t Pay Income Taxes: GAO (http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?parm1=3&docID=news-000002937306 - broken link)
This problem pales in comparison to entitlement programs, such as Section 8 housing, food stamps, welfare, WIC, etc. At least corporations are producing something tangible, and employing others. In contrast, perpetually unemployed people do nothing except to take from society. It is time to start demonizing this segment of the population, and to stop bashing achievement.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
This[/url] problem pales in comparison to entitlement programs, such as Section 8 housing, food stamps, welfare, WIC, etc. At least corporations are producing something tangible, and employing others. In contrast, perpetually unemployed people do nothing except to take from society. It is time to start demonizing this segment of the population, and to stop bashing achievement.

Clearly you've bought into the lie. They've got you, heart mind and gonads. Go back to the fold sheep, this converstion is for those who have wiped the scales from their eyes.

Social Welfare vs Corporate Wefare

Old 08-12-2008, 12:43 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Repubs and Dems are two cheeks of the same @ss, the gubment will not return balance to this wreck of an economy we now inhabit, so again I ask, what do all of YOU propose we do about it? Continue to just sit and gripe about it on the computer? What type of action would you like to take? What type of action are you willing to take?

I myself am voting against EVERY incumbent in my state ESP local .

Thats all I can come up with . Actually I like GVNR Christ in short time he has been GVNR he has done more for South Florida than the "Cosa Nostra" that sadly runs this banana republic.

Not to mention due ONLY to him we now are getting paper "tracker,trace " on our electronic voting something the Banana Republic leaders didnt seem to want.

So I will vote for him . Everyone else voting against .

Last edited by Luiso; 08-12-2008 at 01:48 PM..

Old 08-12-2008, 12:45 PM

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ncome-tax.html

Old 08-12-2008, 12:48 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
These numbers are a little skewed because some of these were not profitable, and a lot of them were things like s-corporations that paid them as personal income tax. As for the large corporations, many of them avoided it by being based in countries that have lower taxes. If you go after them to raise taxes on the rich corporations, you'll see even more of this. I'll also agree though that some of them are surely up to no good.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:25 PM

I agree with the numbers being a bit skewed, but does that change the over-arching reality that corporate American has brought this economy to it's knees while being paid handsomly to do it? Our government literally rewards these people for screwing the middle class to the brink of homelessness...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies