Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 08:20 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,961,790 times

Advertisements

This is an interesting blog write up concerning the issues with climate science that I have been posting in the global warming threads from time to time. Most people do not like to read Climate Audit due to its extreme focus on the math which can leave a lot of people who are not versed on the topics with their head spinning.

More specifically, this write up is a casual and comical easy to read approach to the issues that CA has brought up, more specifically with the current release of Casper Amman's SI. I won't explain it for you because it does a very good job of laying out the issues in an easy to understand way that might just provoke a *chuckle* or two.

Enjoy!

- Bishop Hill blog - Caspar and the Jesus*paper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 07:18 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,827,375 times
I read the article and wonder how much the author was paid to cast doubt on the original observation that worldwide atmospheric CO2 concentration has rapidly increased since the start, and if you follow the recent article in WISC news, not only of the Industrial Revolution, but the earliest development of human civilization. The references article is a summary of a criticism of the CO2/Temperature "Hockey Stick" based on one person's interpretation of the statistical minutia of the original papers.

I consider the criticism to be deliberately misleading pseudo scientific nonsense created as part of a very well organized effort to reverse any consideration of the world wide climate in political and economic policy discussions.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:21 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,961,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I read the article and wonder how much the author was paid to cast doubt on the original observation that worldwide atmospheric CO2 concentration has rapidly increased since the start, and if you follow the recent article in WISC news, not only of the Industrial Revolution, but the earliest development of human civilization. The references article is a summary of a criticism of the CO2/Temperature "Hockey Stick" based on one person's interpretation of the statistical minutia of the original papers.

I consider the criticism to be deliberately misleading pseudo scientific nonsense created as part of a very well organized effort to reverse any consideration of the world wide climate in political and economic policy discussions.

And yet.. climate keeps on pissing in the face of those you claim have it all figured out.

Imagine that.

Nice that you responded to this a couple of years later. Heck I just noticed you happened to do so while I was doing some spring cleaning, two years after you responded. LOL

/boggle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies