Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 05:56 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,329,358 times

Advertisements

Elizabeth Edwards' 'Anguish' in Wake of Husband's Affair
Political Radar: Elizabeth Edwards' 'Anguish' in Wake of Husband's Affair

ABC News' Nitya Venkataraman Reports: Faced with the betrayal of her husband, former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, those close to Elizabeth Edwards say she experienced "excruciating anguish" in her decision to stand behind him through his 2008 campaign but that ultimately her terminal illness forced her to "move forward" for the sake of her family.

"No one should assume it was easy," says Hargrave McElroy, Elizabeth Edwards' best friend, in PEOPLE magazine's latest issue hitting newsstands Friday.

Once news of the affair went public, the PEOPLE magazine cover story says Elizabeth Edwards encouraged her husband to come clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 06:02 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,933,722 times
You have to feel for the lady. Not only was her husband unfaithful, it's thrust into her face every day by the media. And all of this after surviving cancer. Sad.

I wish her the very best.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:35 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,678,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
You have to feel for the lady. Not only was her husband unfaithful, it's thrust into her face every day by the media. And all of this after surviving cancer. Sad.

I wish her the very best.
I feel bad for her too. What a total scumbag John Edwards is.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:29 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,793,468 times
I thought she already knew.
It sucks but she can join the millions of other spouses in America who have been cheated on.
It's not the end of the world and if she's really anguished, she'll divorce him.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:19 AM

15,867 posts, read 21,455,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
I thought she already knew.
It sucks but she can join the millions of other spouses in America who have been cheated on.
It's not the end of the world and if she's really anguished, she'll divorce him.
How many other spouses who have been cheated on have it splashed over every paper, tabloid, and television show?

Old 08-15-2008, 04:36 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
How many other spouses who have been cheated on have it splashed over every paper, tabloid, and television show?
Seems she could live with it in silence as long as he had a chance at the presidency. Rather Hillaryesque, wouldn't you say?

Old 08-15-2008, 04:51 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,806,877 times
I feel sorry for her having to be married to a vain, lying, cheating, hypocrite.

Good riddance John Edwards you louse!

Old 08-15-2008, 04:53 AM

194 posts, read 325,801 times
It's only shocking when a rich, powerful man doesn't cheat on his wife.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:02 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times
I really feel for her but I agree with the people who have been posting and some people I saw on tv saying exactly the same, which is the following....

If Elisabeth was really so discusted and wanted to do the best for her family...she wouldn't have agreed to have him run for president. The are a very wealthy family and don't need the money and he could have prevented all this very public scandal by getting out of politics. They both know that if you run for the most important job in this country they will check you background and all skeletons will come out.
So by supporting her husband as the nominee for the presidency she chose not to do what was in the best interest for her family and stand behind her husband and she knew that their life would be under investigation......So although I feel for her with her having go through this and her illness....she made a bad choice for her family and shouldn't hide behind her illness...and I don't mean it in a cruel way at all...she as a mother (ill or not) should have done what was best for her kids...but she and her husband both wanted to be the president and first Lady and made a poor decision.
She was in almost every programto speak out about her illness and sat there while she knew what her husband had done and how he lied about the family values....so IMO she was willingly lying to the public, just to get her husband in office.
There are many people who have to go through the same horrible situation of husband having an affair and/or having to battle cancer and they have to make decisions for their family and kids as well and don't have the financials that the Edwards have.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:46 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,793,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstratt View Post
It's only shocking when a rich, powerful man doesn't cheat on his wife.
Ha, exactly. I just find it surprising when most men haven't cheated on their wives. I know not all do it but plenty of them do. That's not to say wives are innocent either. Women cheat too. Infidelity is unfortunately a part of life for a lot of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies