Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 06:52 AM

350 posts, read 653,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
I don't think it's pointing out that politicians are crooks and liars (do people really need this anyways), it seems to be how he bends these facts that irks quite a few people.

Why would you seriously defend Michael Moore? The guy is a complete joke.
By 'bending facts', do you mean, for instance, what was done to justify the war in Iraq?

And before anyone goes on about it was the best intel available, etc., read Paul O'Neill's book, 'The Price of Loyalty'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 06:56 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
I am sure that moore talked to his top military advisers and got the best information possible. you know who his top adviser is right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
By 'bending facts', do you mean, for instance, what was done to justify the war in Iraq?

And before anyone goes on about it was the best intel available, etc., read Paul O'Neill's book, 'The Price of Loyalty'.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I am sure that moore talked to his top military advisers and got the best information possible. you know who his top adviser is right?

I am speaking of Paul O'Neill, who was W's Secy of Treasury and who wrote the book, not Mr. Moore.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:15 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,926 times
Micheal moore and Rosie O donnel should hook up. They are perfect for each other, both disgustingly fat America hating slobs!

Old 08-15-2008, 07:17 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
not sure if that would happen, I don't know if michael moore is gay or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Micheal moore and Rosie O donnel should hook up. They are perfect for each other, both disgustingly fat America hating slobs!

Old 08-15-2008, 07:24 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post

Another book? You mean from the other 100 out there, you actually picked the "right" one to believe?!?! Man, you must be all over horse races, Vegas tables, and lottery's to be able to pick the ONE that is telling the truth or will win!

Old 08-15-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
Another book? You mean from the other 100 out there, you actually picked the "right" one to believe?!?! Man, you must be all over horse races, Vegas tables, and lottery's to be able to pick the ONE that is telling the truth or will win!
Yea, is how I generally get my information, by reading a variety of ...books. Fancy that.

But, fyi, Paul O'Neill served in W's cabinet as his Secy of Treasury, so he did not start out antagonistic towards W. at all. Gradually, he became disillusioned, as he realised that the Iraqi war was planned well before 9/11.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:55 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
>team america world police. <

Hilarious movie

America **** YEAH!

Old 08-15-2008, 08:05 AM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
I don't think it's pointing out that politicians are crooks and liars (do people really need this anyways), it seems to be how he bends these facts that irks quite a few people.

Why would you seriously defend Michael Moore? The guy is a complete joke.

Also, is that Chris Farley's brother?
Yes, Kevin Farley is Chris' brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
not sure if that would happen, I don't know if michael moore is gay or not.

new movie mocking michael moore-michaelmooreoscars.jpg Kathleen Glynn is MM wife. Perhaps she would know?

Old 08-15-2008, 08:48 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Yeah! The nerve of these people who go around pointing out the fact that the people we supposedly elected are actually a bunch of crooks and liars. What a breach of decorum that is...definitely need more mockage of those people...
How about that he uses selective editing and takes statistics out of context to support dubious statements and positions? How about the fact that he's not above using childish insults and irrelevant jabs?

Is that more to your liking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies