Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:39 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
With doping, you have to establish a fact of doping. This is done through 1) scientific tests of blood samples and/or some testimony of witnesses.

With age, this is a document and witness thing.
Good point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 09:47 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,990 times
Default Best Buddies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
This is a delicate situation, since we, the Americans, want to be best buddies with the Chinese Communists.

What make you say this? There is plenty of bashing going on just in this forum. People are cheering the earthquakes and applauding the rumors of vacant hotels in Beijing. People are making accusations about cheating that, quite frankly, are very very difficult to prove.

If this is how we Americans treat our best buddies, I am not sure the Chinese need us.

I doubt anything will happen. It will still be swept under the rug.
By "happen", do you mean that there will be a smoking gun that exposes the girls as under aged to a degree necessary to strip them of their medals? There needs to be a standard of proof and I believe the girls have met it so far. The burden is now on the accusers.

Something is being made of the baby tooth. Is there a pediatric dentist that can come forward and say it is impossible for a 16 year old to have a baby tooth? No one even asks the question. They just make a statement and people who already have a prejudice get suckered into some type of science vacuum. Michael Moore should do a documentary about this whole issue.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
China is going all out for this olympics. I'm sure all the legal documentation is in place to prove the age of 16. All the IOC needs is a passport.

Do not tangle with the Sleeping Dragon.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:31 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
China is going all out for this olympics. I'm sure all the legal documentation is in place to prove the age of 16. All the IOC needs is a passport.

Do not tangle with the Sleeping Dragon.
Hope you didn't believe they really caught Bigfoot, too?

Old 08-22-2008, 10:32 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
The point is she's Chinese. She had the proper documents, so if they say she's a certain age ain't nobody goin' to get them to say otherwise.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:32 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
Something is being made of the baby tooth. Is there a pediatric dentist that can come forward and say it is impossible for a 16 year old to have a baby tooth? No one even asks the question. They just make a statement and people who already have a prejudice get suckered into some type of science vacuum. Michael Moore should do a documentary about this whole issue.
Actually, I had a baby tooth removed when I was 16. The adult tooth was impacted sideways into the gums and the docs wanted to wait until I was "past puberty" before removing it. I had to wait 6 months before they finished the procedure - cutting a hole into the gums and moving the adult tooth into position.

So it's not impossible.

Personally, I think a proper investigation need to be done on these girls since the accusations are flying. By sweeping it under the rug, persay, the IOC is making it look very suspicious.

And yes, if any of the girls are under 16, then the entire team needs to get their medals stripped. In fact, I would go so far as to say that if it's true that China falsified the documents (as a country), then I think all of the country's athletes should have their medals stripped.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:40 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,091 times
Our government is "best buddies" with the Chinese, even though they send us bad food and kill people of certain religions in their country.

Then, we outsource our jobs to them, and also let them buy up America. Can you imagine years ago having anything to do with a communist country?

As far as these girls, I don't think anything will come of it - we're not going to force the Chinese into admitting anything or submitting to any teeth tests on these kids.

When they totally own us, we can also send underage kids to the Olympics.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:24 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Our government is "best buddies" with the Chinese, even though they send us bad food and kill people of certain religions in their country.

Then, we outsource our jobs to them, and also let them buy up America. Can you imagine years ago having anything to do with a communist country?

As far as these girls, I don't think anything will come of it - we're not going to force the Chinese into admitting anything or submitting to any teeth tests on these kids.

When they totally own us, we can also send underage kids to the Olympics.
So China cleaned our clock in gymnastics so its automatic that they cheated? Maybe they did. But why is it that in our country you need the burden of proof before someone is found guilty but when it comes to the world stage proof is not required? I wish we did better. Maybe they train harder? Maybe they had better coaches. The fact is we lost. Get over it.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Almost all the girl gymnasts from everywhere look nearly pre-pubescent let alone under 16.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:06 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
In tennis this issue is known for years. There is an age ability rule established because of Jennifer Capriati's drug misuse.

The girls from Eastern block countries are having false passports and many times don't even know or make mistakes filling out their birth date. There are many professional tennis players known by many mangemant companies, who have changed their age.....I once spoke about this issue with Mary Corrillo who was also aware of it, but since most of them are with the same mangament company who makes money of these girls and the journalists are also with the same management company....nobody wants to do anything about it....Money money money....that is all they care about.....

Only on the girls side there is an age ability rule and with the boys it is harder to compete against older guys....but on the girls side nobody does anything and many know who they are.

I have seen one girl who was "12" driving a porsche on the public roads and the management comapny only interfered after this tennis player was kissing another female relative (French kiss) on their campus, while this girl was already 15....

In tennis they cheat the other way around....if you are 18 but say you are 15 and compete against under 16, you are phisically stronger and have better chances on winning which can result in endorsement deals and they can be huge!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies