Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2012, 07:04 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne007 View Post
Why are white people not offended by slurs like kracker, honky or white trash?

Racist/ Nazi, is probaly the most offensive slur to a white person

Sticks and stones may break my bones..........

Old 12-05-2012, 07:25 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Default Names

Being called "honky, white trash, hillbilly, cracker or any other slur does not offend me because of my complete and utter disrespect of the caller. Anyone crude enough to do that is beneath contempt.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:27 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne007 View Post
Why are white people not offended by slurs like kracker, honky or white trash?

Racist/ Nazi, is probaly the most offensive slur to a white person
Where is the world do you get the idea that whites are not offended by these racial slurs? I certainly am and so would most white people.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:46 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Why are white people not offended by slurs like kracker, ****** or white trash?

Because intelligent people realize that people who use such terms are stupid. Why get upset at stupidity? It serves no purpose but to encourage more stupidity from the ignorant.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:52 AM

691 posts, read 771,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Being called "honky, white trash, hillbilly, cracker or any other slur does not offend me because of my complete and utter disrespect of the caller. Anyone crude enough to do that is beneath contempt.

If I am called "honky" or "cracker", I would just laugh because at the end of the day, I will always be part of the "priviledged" race and they cannot change that.

Anyway, I ignore black people of this ilk. They have nothing of value to offer that I can't attain on my own.

Last edited by ColonelStraker; 12-05-2012 at 08:15 AM..

Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,760,732 times
Im white and Ive never been offended. Being military I have friends from all over and I have friends that have called themselves rednecks, Jewish friends that call themselves Jews, etc.. I have thick skin so name calling really doesnt bother me.

But you wouldnt call someone on wall street a redneck, yet you would someone that lives in the sticks and drives a big 4x4, etc. You wouldnt call someone a Nazi unless they showed signs of being one. You wouldnt call someone white trash unless they portrayed them selves in that way.

If someone called me white trash, etc..which I am the complete opposite of I would take that time to laugh at the idiot calling me that name. Not sure how I could be offended by something like that unless it was true and I was embarrassed by it.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Because I dont see myself as a victim.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:07 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Only a delusional person would deny this.

Let me put it this way. When was the last time you heard of white homeowners, en masse, selling their homes at a loss and fleeing a neighborhood in panic because of an influx of Pakistanis? When was the last you heard of white parents, en masse, yanking their kids out of the local public school because too many Korean students were going there? When was the last time you heard of white businesses owners, en masse, shutting their stores and relocating because they decided there were too many Somoans in the neighborhood?
The nationalities you listed above are, by and large, very productive members of a society. They bring strong work ethics and strong family and educational values, low crime, low out-of-wedlock birthrates, low drug use. Why the hell would anyone flee from that?

Quote:
Yet, these are the things white Americans routinely do in response to the arrival of blacks in their neighborhoods. Every attempt by blacks to escape the ghetto is met with white flight, public divestment and commercial abandonment. Ironically, this response by whites results in the creation of new ghettos, which they then blame the blacks for. Please, don't try and say white people don't have a problem with black people. The evidence is in what people do, not what they are willing to say openly.
See above and list the exact opposite and you will understand why whites flee.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:35 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
The whole idea that white folks don't get offended by slurs is a load of bull. White folks get offended aplenty. Frankly, if you use those terms, they SHOULD be offended. White people have names....use them. The names their parents gave them.

If you call a white person those names, they should choke the hell out of you.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:42 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The whole idea that white folks don't get offended by slurs is a load of bull. White folks get offended aplenty. Frankly, if you use those terms, they SHOULD be offended. White people have names....use them. The names their parents gave them.

If you call a white person those names, they should choke the hell out of you.
This might be going a little to far.........a punch to the face might end it all real well.

Good post...........it's too bad once we become adults all the name calling isn't left on the playground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies