Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 09:57 AM

194 posts, read 492,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
I really, really hope you meant for this to be as funny as I found it...
ditto!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 10:00 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,718,851 times
Quote:
I really, really hope you meant for this to be as funny as I found it...
Sailor sam women are not funny... repulsive is a better word.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:18 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
In the same way you shouldn't deface public and private property, or the paper money, don't deface yourself. When you die, your gonna float up there with all that graffiti on your body. God's gonna look you over to see what you did to his creation. If its a crucifix or the correct religious symbol, bonus points to you for advertising.

If it's something evil or offensive to god (who knows what he thinks is cool or not), your going to hell one year for each square inch of sin on your flesh. Then you return to be re-judged after your skin is burned off. Thats right, there you will stand, one big red charcoal pillar of drippy goo standing before god smelling like burger king. Maybe god will slide you some new skin, maybe not.

Girls, I don't like the sailor sam look, your going to hell. You can get infections and diseases from those needles you know. Just like a heroin junkie or crank banger. Dont shoot up ladies. I hope Im not being too judgemental here, just trying to help out.
Okay, now I'm scared....

Wow, that's some god you've got there. He could give Quetzalcoatl or Mother Kali a run for the money.

I'm really thankful to be a pagan now!

BTW, just curious--I've read the Christian bible and I don't recall any sort of specified punishment for tattoos. I think I would have remembered something like this: "your going to hell one year for each square inch of sin on your flesh". Sure puts the kibbosh on any sort of Grace as promised by the New Testament, doesn't it?

Old 10-07-2008, 10:22 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimzyMusic View Post

3. Are tattoos a trend like big hair, or something we can expect to be just as cool in 2050?
You can change you're big hair!

Old 10-07-2008, 10:50 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Sailor sam women are not funny... repulsive is a better word.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. To you, kemosabe.

I was talking about Mofford's post, though...

Old 10-07-2008, 11:11 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
[quote=MimzyMusic;5233320]Is it just me, or does it seem like tattoos have gone from being an ex-con, almost all male thing to a chick thing? I've read the numbers are now equal, only slightly more males have them, and when you consider the males who got them many years ago, it makes sense most of the people getting them now are women.

Anyway, a couple questions:

1. Do you like this look on women?

No. It's like splashing paint on a fine piece of architecture.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Yeah, yeah, yeah. To you, kemosabe.

I was talking about Mofford's post, though...
One must be more... unequivocal, if they wish avoid rebuke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It's like splashing paint on a fine piece of architecture.
Precisely.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:08 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
One must be more... unequivocal, if they wish avoid rebuke.
Beg your pardon? Whose rebuke? Yours?

Old 10-07-2008, 12:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
I don't believe in a christian 'g-d' or heaven and hell, so I guess I'm just going to go to my relgions version of heaven, filled with beer volcanoes, stripper factories and midgets!

RAmen

From a very tattooed Pastafarian

(Oh, and after delving deeper into the responses on this thread, the risk of contracting a disease is nearly zero, in fact I believe there was a study done that you are more likely to contract hepatitis from your dentist office than a tattoo. I also believe that people who caught HIV, Hepatitis etc. blame the tattoo instead of actually coming forward and admitting they did something wrong (unsafe sex, sharing needles etc.). My artists parlor is CLEANER than my Doctors office, he only uses one time use sterile needles, autoclaves everything else, and changes his gloves more times than any health official I've come in contact with. Just to set up for a tattoo takes him 45 minutes at the least. When you got your last vaccination/shot how long did it take your doctor or nurse to set up and be sterile? Did you watch them take the needle and syringe out of the sterile package or did they just bring everything in on a little tray? If you're stupid enough to go to a backwoods parlor who doesn't use proper sanitation then that's your fault. In addition, my artists shop REFUSES to tattoo or pierce anyone who is drunk. Alcohol is a blood thinner and does more harm than good.)

Last edited by Rhenzanite; 10-07-2008 at 12:24 PM..

Old 10-07-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Beg your pardon? Whose rebuke? Yours?
Why certainly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies