Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hollywood And Music Celebrities Are So Much Smarter Than The Average American When It Comes To Polit
Yes 12 12.77%
No 25 26.60%
I wish they would SHUT UP... 57 60.64%
They are Much Smarter Than I... 0 0%
Not Sure 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 05:13 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,787 times

Advertisements

Hollywood And Music Celebrities Are So Much Smarter Than The Average American When It Comes To Politics. Do YOU agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 05:23 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,599,113 times
they dont have a full time job and money problems to worry about so they can educate themselves better and obviously their voice can be heard. of course sometimes they can be disconnected with the problems i listed above

i respect matt damon more now after seeing his interview. hes not full of himself or way out there

the real question is, are people who post anonymously on message boards so much smarter when it comes to politics?

Old 09-12-2008, 05:34 AM

Default How do you like Pamela Anderson's comments about Sarah Palin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
they dont have a full time job and money problems to worry about so they can educate themselves better and obviously their voice can be heard. of course sometimes they can be disconnected with the problems i listed above

i respect matt damon more now after seeing his interview. hes not full of himself or way out there

the real question is, are people who post anonymously on message boards so much smarter when it comes to politics?
How do you like Pamela Anderson's comments about Sarah Palin? I bet you think she really is much smarter than you too!

Old 09-12-2008, 06:40 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,174,301 times
Basically, we're talking about a group of people who are generally paid to be somebody that they are not. People who are paid to recite lines that another persona would say.

So, since many words that come out of these people's mouths are not their own words (and not their own persona), how are their political speeches any different? In my eyes, it's on the same level as believing the words at face value coming from the mouth of a pathological liar - though some celebrities are better than others.

That being said, some people of celebrity status do have a clue. Some just want more fame to the name. Some want to help others; some just want to help themselves.

They're not "so much smarter" than you or I, they can just get on TV with their opinion a lot easier.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:41 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,121,316 times
Most celebrities are unfamiliar with the real world it's almost disgusting. Just look at the behavior of these idiots. I don't mind the fact they are stating their opinions, after all, it's their right to do so. The problem is they offer little to no facts to back it up and are often mislead because they are told what to think instead of thinking for themselves. Too much time reading scripts and impersonating people they are not.

I love the hypocrisy though when they complain about the war in Iraq but a few months later they are making millions off it by being in some awful movie about it.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:48 AM

Default 'P. Diddy' Attacks Sarah Palin

Quote:

Here's another celebrity who is smarter than you. Please learn his political opinions.

'P. Diddy' Attacks Sarah Palin
YouTube - Glenn Beckâ€â€Black Racist Wannabe 'P. Diddy' Attacks Sarah Palin

Old 09-12-2008, 07:19 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,700 times
Quote:

-------------
You think people who work in a 2 week period what most work in a yr and make millions can relate to the average person or in touch with reality?

They "educate" themselves or preach limo liberal out of touch lala land garbage ?

Old 09-12-2008, 07:29 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
How do you like Pamela Anderson's comments about Sarah Palin? I bet you think she really is much smarter than you too!

Pamela Anderson is TYPICAL hypocrite hollywood .

She is a PETA spokeswoman who is against animal testing for meds that could save someone's life but the breasts that she changes every few yrs would not be available to her if it wasn't for animal testing neither would botox, make up,etc.

Yes there is make up that wasn't tested on animals but she doesn't wear that ESP since she has been in ads for make up which was tested on animals. Her hair dye ,etc at one time before being approved all animal tested .

Her leather jackets aren't exactly plastic either.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:29 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,599,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
-------------
You think people who work in a 2 week period what most work in a yr and make millions can relate to the average person or in touch with reality?

They "educate" themselves or preach limo liberal out of touch lala land garbage ?
i take it you didnt read past my 1st sentence

Old 09-12-2008, 07:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Considering that these folks are talented and/or smart enough to become very rich they must know someting I don't. Remember celebrites can be a left or right as anyone else. Bill Marh (sp?) vrs Ronnie Raygun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies