Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:07 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,296,209 times

Advertisements

Republicans have been quick to say the economy is just fine. I'm not sure when the denial will end as we continue to face the worse financial crisis since the depression. I've added a link about the latest woes of Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch, and AIG. I'd like to hear from Republicans who are still saying that we're all "making things up" about the economy and it's not that bad.

My theory is that Republicans are contining to discuss the war (and how we will have another 9/11 tomorrow if Obama is elected) and Obama's experience on this board and elsewhere to distract us from the greater vunerability facing this country which is the potential collapse of our economy as we know it. They know if serious issues like the economy take over, they will be toast. Too bad Democrats are doing a lousy job of bringing this to the forefront.

Shock waves hit Wall St. as 2 big firms fall - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080915/ap_on_bi_ge/financial_meltdown - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 10:39 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,592,136 times
That's okay, because didn't you hear? Sarah Palin eats mooseburgers and has 5 kids and her husband drives snowmobiles. You will be in good hands.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:44 AM

973 posts, read 2,233,093 times
And Obama believes he'll *help fix* unemployment by taxing the privately-owned small businesses more (tax increase on $250k earners), increasing corporate taxes, and increasing capital gains taxes. Both parties are full of crap.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:47 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,381,232 times
The troubles on Wall Street and with the larger economy are not based in politics. They are the result of pure, unalloyed greed on the part of consumers, bankers, and investors -- in which groups Democrats and Republicans are approximately equally distributed.

The reason the Dems are not making more noise about this is that they bear as much responsibility as the other party, as anyone with any sense of persective at all is well aware.

One might as well try to blame hurricanes on President Bush. No, wait. Some fools aleady do.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:54 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,914,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
That's okay, because didn't you hear? Sarah Palin eats mooseburgers and has 5 kids and her husband drives snowmobiles. You will be in good hands.
Now you're finally coming to your senses, John and Sarah are going to save your butt...

Old 09-15-2008, 11:00 AM

20,186 posts, read 23,906,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Republicans have been quick to say the economy is just fine. I'm not sure when the denial will end as we continue to face the worse financial crisis since the depression. I've added a link about the latest woes of Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch, and AIG. I'd like to hear from Republicans who are still saying that we're all "making things up" about the economy and it's not that bad.

My theory is that Republicans are contining to discuss the war (and how we will have another 9/11 tomorrow if Obama is elected) and Obama's experience on this board and elsewhere to distract us from the greater vunerability facing this country which is the potential collapse of our economy as we know it. They know if serious issues like the economy take over, they will be toast. Too bad Democrats are doing a lousy job of bringing this to the forefront.

Shock waves hit Wall St. as 2 big firms fall - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080915/ap_on_bi_ge/financial_meltdown - broken link)
Excuse me? I was probably the first to say there was a recession and what did I get for saying that? Oh yeah, lets forget all the democrats who said we weren't in a recession when I said that we were... if it took news to get that across, then perhaps Democrats need a lot more help than I thought...

Old 09-15-2008, 11:02 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfjtm View Post
Both parties are full of crap.
Exactly! Until we come up with a viable third party alternative, the D's and R's will continue to destroy this country from the inside out. It's likely already too late.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:04 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,246,199 times
Recession is not the correct word. Maybe an economy in crisis. Maybe bank failures. Recession? NO.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:11 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,698,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
Exactly! Until we come up with a viable third party alternative, the D's and R's will continue to destroy this country from the inside out. It's likely already too late.
Yup!

Old 09-15-2008, 11:15 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,246,199 times
Quote:
Congress... 535 reasons to support term limits. NEVER vote for an incumbent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies