Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:11 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,183,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I believe we are in a DEPRESSION that will last at least 5 years.
What you believe is irrelevant. It isn't supported by facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 10:13 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
our economic survival and the war are related. the war must stop we are going broke. that is the intent of the obama vote. you are correct. the GOP is in denial

Old 09-17-2008, 05:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,817,470 times
Most of the Republican policy makers are NOT in a recession. They are raking in more money than ever. Tt is called being rich and connected. Rich and connected beats smart and lucky any day.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:18 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,429,177 times
I read threw all the post and I can say with 100% certainty the democrats know nothing about economics.
Recession - 2 quarters of negative growth.
Dollar - at all time low ... WRONG that dollar is gaining and has gained quite a bit on the euro.
Thank the democrats for the current housing crisis, their bills and policies to "get every American in a home" has caused this by affording those that couldn't afford a home to buy one.
and you want to put the

Wizard of Uh's, Joe the blowhard, Nancy the clueless and Harry the hopeless in charge?

Absolutely insane!! WE do not need Jimmy Carters 2nd term.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:29 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
I read threw all the post and I can say with 100% certainty the democrats know nothing about economics.
Recession - 2 quarters of negative growth.
Dollar - at all time low ... WRONG that dollar is gaining and has gained quite a bit on the euro.
Thank the democrats for the current housing crisis, their bills and policies to "get every American in a home" has caused this by affording those that couldn't afford a home to buy one.
and you want to put the

Wizard of Uh's, Joe the blowhard, Nancy the clueless and Harry the hopeless in charge?

Absolutely insane!! WE do not need Jimmy Carters 2nd term.
Another Republican in denial. Repubs have dictated policy for 28 of the last 20 years but nope they have had no influence on the economy. By the way, whose running these companies so ineptly - Republicans. You know ones like Carly who killed HP, Ken and his gang of theives which ruined Enron. Good grief. It must be nice to live in your world. Either that or pass me some of your kool-aid.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:21 AM

1,373 posts, read 3,129,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
What you believe is irrelevant. It isn't supported by facts.
He said "believe", not "know". Is believing the economy is hunky dory supported by facts?

Old 09-18-2008, 07:24 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,429,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Another Republican in denial. Repubs have dictated policy for 28 of the last 20 years but nope they have had no influence on the economy. By the way, whose running these companies so ineptly - Republicans. You know ones like Carly who killed HP, Ken and his gang of theives which ruined Enron. Good grief. It must be nice to live in your world. Either that or pass me some of your kool-aid.
I don't have time to educate you on this issue, but a little research will lead you to mostly democrats door mat, republicans are not innocent but you will find many democrat bills and members that have a hand in this mess.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:00 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,325,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Republicans have been quick to say the economy is just fine. I'm not sure when the denial will end as we continue to face the worse financial crisis since the depression. I've added a link about the latest woes of Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch, and AIG. I'd like to hear from Republicans who are still saying that we're all "making things up" about the economy and it's not that bad.

My theory is that Republicans are contining to discuss the war (and how we will have another 9/11 tomorrow if Obama is elected) and Obama's experience on this board and elsewhere to distract us from the greater vunerability facing this country which is the potential collapse of our economy as we know it. They know if serious issues like the economy take over, they will be toast. Too bad Democrats are doing a lousy job of bringing this to the forefront.
Another liberal, quoting the newest line from the left: "the worse financial crisis since the depression"

Problem is, it isn't true.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:06 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,183,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MimzyMusic View Post
He said "believe", not "know". Is believing the economy is hunky dory supported by facts?
No one suggested the US economy is cranking away at 8% to 10% annual growth like "communist" Vietnam.

The facts are that the US economy is growing, albeit slowly and that is not evidence of recession.

If we would play the stupid-game you would have us play and define recessions based on how people feel (which is typically liberal) then the US will always be in a recession forever because there will always be someone who doesn't "feel" the US economy is doing well.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:58 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
I don't have time to educate you on this issue, but a little research will lead you to mostly democrats door mat, republicans are not innocent but you will find many democrat bills and members that have a hand in this mess.
Again , Republicans have led the WH for 20 of the last 28 years and Republicans have led Congress for most of this decade. The Democrats did choke on the war issue and some other policies/programs (contributing to blatant abandon of spending) due to all the "you're unpatriotic mud slinging" by their Republican comrades but if I have to say who has significantly more onus for the mess we're from the cost of the war to the lack of control by the SEC (the President controls appointing the head of SEC), there is no question, it's the Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies