Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:45 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,280,673 times

Advertisements

by Senator Bernie Sanders.

U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders

In addition, Senator Sanders thinks that this economic meltdown may be the equivalent of the "October Surprise," to force the Democrats into a political corner, as--apparently--the White House has been making "contingency plans" for MONTHS in preparation for this meltdown:

White House Dispatches Team to Push Economic Bill - Roll Call

Specifically:

"Fratto insisted that the plan was not slapped together and had been drawn up as a contingency over previous months and weeks by administration officials. He acknowledged lawmakers were getting only days to peruse it, but he said this should be enough."

MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 09-23-2008 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 08:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
i wrote my senator.
no more welfare for the rich.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:55 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,685,533 times
What is wrong with you people. Bail out for who?

The bailout is needed ONLY because of losers who are not paying their damn mortgages and following through with their contracts.

You are not bailing out rich people, you are bailing out losers who wont pay their damn bills on time.

I can see you liars now, if this bailout did not go through you all would be whining that poor people are losing their homes because of this.

Let them live in a box, that is what they get.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post

The bailout is needed ONLY because of losers who are not paying their damn mortgages and following through with their contracts.

You are not bailing out rich people, you are bailing out losers who wont pay their damn bills on time.

I can see you liars now, if this bailout did not go through you all would be whining that poor people are losing their homes because of this.

Let them eat cake. Okay, got it.

The bailout is need because greedy and dishonest mortgage companies lied to people. And the mortgage problem is only part of the overall bailout. Read a newspaper once in a while, for chrissake.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:59 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,536 times
Quote:

No no no. Its the rich CEOs with their million dollar yachts and 20 million homes, the chumps who bought houses are foreclosed/

Old 09-23-2008, 09:01 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,685,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Let them eat cake. Okay, got it.

The bailout is need because greedy and dishonest mortgage companies lied to people. And the mortgage problem is only part of the overall bailout. Read a newspaper once in a while, for chrissake.

Mortgage companies lied to the people? How?
So all these people did not read the contract and signed it anyway?

So those poor people who got lied to are to blame then correct? Thought so.

Its called pay your damn payment so I wont have to.

Explain to me how they lied to them and why those people were not smart enough to know it.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:03 PM

Why should I "explain" it to you. Do you think I have all night? If you're going to be an informed citizen, it's your job to inform yourself, not my job to inform you.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:49 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Why should I "explain" it to you. Do you think I have all night? If you're going to be an informed citizen, it's your job to inform yourself, not my job to inform you.
He doesn't get it, some wont and thats what Bernanke and Paulsen are counting on when they say now now now punch it thru, they will probably get million dollar payouts from the bankers

Old 09-23-2008, 10:04 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,862,084 times
Quote:

Right on! Poor people are poor for a reason and those of us who aren't poor are tired of them leeching off us. Old England once had debtors prisons. I say bring them back!

Old 09-23-2008, 10:09 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
I would even go a bit further... NO AMERICANS SHOULD BAILOUT WALL STREET... Not if you are poor, middle, or rich... NONE...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies