Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 08:47 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,483,911 times

Advertisements

Here is the story - US Economy is a National Security Crisis: 'US Needs to Raise $6 Trillion and It is Simple,' Says Visionary William Glynn

I agree with his assessment of other countries "owning us", but i'd have to disagree with his idea that a 10% "fee" from your pension, endowment or 401(k) plan to buy back U.S. debt and currency. It's just playing another shell-game. (IMO)

It is an interesting concept thought, that i'll give the author his due.

Besides, will Americans even stand for allocating 10% to help buy back debt and restore currency?!

If we, the people wanted to take this country back, the simple and logic solution, in my opinion, is to put an end to bribery of taxation on labor. Change the fundementals and restore the checks and balances once again in the U.S.

Thoughts?!

Last edited by Blue Grass Fever; 06-07-2008 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: grammar...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 09:51 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
ROFL..the bankers and government that caused this want us to pay for their mistakes ?

Old 06-07-2008, 10:08 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,442,095 times
don't we always pay for their mistakes? The last link in the chain ends up paying....

forum rules, please read them

Old 06-07-2008, 11:52 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,613,866 times
Bush & the Republican party got the US into this huge mess. Too bad the Democrats will need to clean up the ****! This economy & our national debt are going to be around for a while.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:55 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,461,017 times
We're in an economic downturn. The democrats will worsen things with a democrat controlled congress and president, should Obama win. By raising taxes, with inevitably slows spending, our country will fall deeper into trouble. What we need is a true conservative president, or at least congress, to force our liberal republicans and democrats to stop spending money.

Our economy started to go downhill once democrats took control in 2006. Blame them, not Bush.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:04 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,175,007 times
Cut all the unnecessary billion dollar programs while leaving taxation at the same rate.

Simple.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:05 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
This move will be idiotic... think about it... you use 10% to pay down the debt... the government feels better with less debt so they go out and make more debt.. it doesn't solve the problem... the problem? Government overspending! Get rid of entitlements, handouts, and bailouts... you will see revenue generated and end of problem.. the problem with the government is like any other person, as long as the money belongs to someone else, nobody cares how to be fixcally responsible... personally, any state that spends and incurs debt for the federal government ought to have its taxes raised... we need to punish those who overspend and reward those that save.... the system right now doesn't do that...

Old 06-07-2008, 02:59 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Here is the story - US Economy is a National Security Crisis: 'US Needs to Raise $6 Trillion and It is Simple,' Says Visionary William Glynn

I agree with his assessment of other countries "owning us", but i'd have to disagree with his idea that a 10% "fee" from your pension, endowment or 401(k) plan to buy back U.S. debt and currency. It's just playing another shell-game. (IMO)

It is an interesting concept thought, that i'll give the author his due.

Besides, will Americans even stand for allocating 10% to help buy back debt and restore currency?!

If we, the people wanted to take this country back, the simple and logic solution, in my opinion, is to put an end to bribery of taxation on labor. Change the fundementals and restore the checks and balances once again in the U.S.

Thoughts?!
I think that's the dumbest article I've read in a long time.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Bush & the Republican party got the US into this huge mess. Too bad the Democrats will need to clean up the ****! This economy & our national debt are going to be around for a while.
The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$1.59 billion per day since September 28, 2007!

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

TheHill.com - Wincing Dems are likely to raise the limit on debt

Sorry, but the problem is a Congressional problem.. not a Republican/Democrat one.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:07 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,613,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$1.59 billion per day since September 28, 2007!

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

TheHill.com - Wincing Dems are likely to raise the limit on debt

Sorry, but the problem is a Congressional problem.. not a Republican/Democrat one.
Nice try Republicans under Bush have bankrupted the nation & will be held accountable this November as Congress & the White House go Democratic & stay that way for a long, long time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies